Oncall payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We work on a campsite for one of the big clubs .

We work a 40 hour week and are salary basic min wage ( 6 month a year contract ) we do not get paid overtime or on call payments.

We live on site in our own caravan , when we are on call we cannot leave the site , drink or go out for a meal . Sometimes we are on call for 48 hours over 2 days or we on on call for 12hrs a night + our normal working day should we be paid for time on call .

Regards & Thx in adv for advice

Edited by oncall

Thankyou for the reply

We get 2.5 hours per week stand by time and that time is for checking toilets and opening gates at 7am + locking gates at 11pm also we have to check in late arrivals upto 11pm

We do not get paid for call outs or time off in lieu and we have to stay onsite when on call

Forgot to say 2.5 hrs is part of our 40hrs we work and the tasks take alot longer than 2.5 hrs

Edited by oncall

so the employer is saying that you are paid for 40 hours but you work 37.5 hours plus these bits. they are obviously considering the on call part as quid pro quo but you need to add up how much time you actually spend doing tasks when on call and at the end of the season ask them to reconsider this part of the terms if you are missing out badly ready for the next season

Thankyou again for your reply

I'm not to bothered about the extra call outs my point is I can not leave the site for 4 days on a 14 day rota and another 3 days when I'm on late's

4 days out of 14 days I work my 8 hr rota then on call for 16hrs cannot leave my home ie site place of work .

3 days lates out of 14 start 11am finish at 8pm then on call till 7am next morning

What I'm saying is I'm stuck on site for 7 days out of 14 days I cannot go out to the movies have a drink or leave my place of work when Im on call does this count as work .

Read on CAB WEBSITE

"On-call" workers

If your job requires you to be "on call" these hours count as time at work.

Being on call generally means that you have to be at a place decided by your

employer. This might mean you have to be at your workplace, stay within a

certain distance of your workplace or stay at home.

If your employer says that you have to stay in a certain place when you are on

call, then all the hours you are on call will count as time at work. This is still

the case even if you're allowed to sleep when you're on call. If you don't have

to stay within a certain place then your time on call doesn't count as working

time until you actually start work.

then this is not a quid pro quo but a demand that is very much tilted in the employer's favour so you need to set out in writing this disparity and what you would like done about it. The on call pay can be less than normal pay but not less then the minimum wage.