Lowells/? claimform - unknown Vodafone mobile 'debt'

kullly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have submitted a Acknowledgment of Service via MCOL

Can anybody please advice on how to defend my claim and what steps i should take please?

Thank you

In order for us to help you we require the following information:-

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio l LTD

Date of issue

Date of issue 11/1/16

What is the claim for

Particulars of Claim

1) The Defendant entered into an agreement

with Vodafone under account reference

('the Agreement').

2) The Defendant failed to maintain the

required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 10/10/2011 and notice given to

the Defendant.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £490.08 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims

a) The said sum of £490.08

b) Interest pursuant to 569 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. accruing at a daily rate of £0,107, but limited to one year, being £39.21

c) Costs

What is the value of the claim? 659.29

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Mobile phone

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? I have no knowledge of the contract

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No notice was received too my knowledge

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? No knowledge of the account

What was the date of your last payment? ? No knowledge of the account

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?

Edited by kullly

What date is on your claim form kullly ? Then we know the time frame.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What date is on your claim form kullly ? Then we know the time frame.

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy for your reply.

On the letter recived it say the 11/1/16

Having checked my credit report it says the account was defaulted on 1/1/11 so its Now been 6 years can i get the debt statute barred ? If so how would i do this?

Thank you Andy for your reply.

On the letter recived it say the 11/1/16

Having checked my credit report it says the account was defaulted on 1/1/11 so its Now been 6 years can i get the debt statute barred ? If so how would i do this?

Tha'ts only 5 years years (good if your in Scotland) bad for England as its 6 years

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Is there nothing else that you could consider as a pausable defence...dispute....penalty charges ..etc?

You state....

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? I have no knowledge of the contract

But this is your account ?

Is there nothing else that you could consider as a pausable defence...dispute....penalty charges ..etc?

You state....

But this is your account ?

After some digging i can confirm it is my account and It was taken out after 2007. I will update the tread to reflect this

Lowells/? claimform - unknown Vodafone mobile 'debt'

i have submitted a Acknowledgment of Service via MCOL

Can anybody please advice on how to defend my claim and what steps i should take please?

Thank you

In order for us to help you we require the following information:-

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio l LTD

Date of issue

Date of issue 11/1/16

What is the claim for

Particulars of Claim

1) The Defendant entered into an agreement

with vodafoneicon under account reference

('the Agreement').

2) The Defendant failed to maintain the

required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 10/10/2011 and notice given to

the Defendant.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £490.08 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims

a) The said sum of £490.08

b) Interest pursuant to 569 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. accruing at a daily rate of £0,107, but limited to one year, being £39.21

c) Costs

What is the value of the claim? 659.29

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Mobile phone

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No notice was received too my knowledge

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? yes an ex partner stopped payment which i wasn't aware of

What was the date of your last payment? ? i do not have any statement to see when the last payment was the account was opened on date 07/12/2009

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? no

Have you checked your credit file recently? If not pop and have a look and check the dates for the default.. Once a claim is issued it stops the SB clock...

The reason could be they (Lowell) missed the date and not have the correct default date and have used the one they may have added when they took over the debt. Either way you really need to check...

Edited by Andyorch
Link removed same thread

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks mikeymack2002 for your reply

i have checked the default date on my report and it is listed as 01/01/2011, however i am pretty sure this account is older then that and that a previous default had fallen off after the original 6 years and now it seem to be back on my report. is there any way i can check this ?

Try Noddle here >> https://www.noddle.co.uk/ it may inform you of the correct default date of what you have posted, if so then SB letter to Lowell. (Maybe) we need to find out the date...

Did you print off the credit report when you last looked at it? If so then it will be on there too. Could you recheck this please? If the date of 01/01/2011 is correct then they have missed the date by a few days and the SB defence is the way to go...

Also please check your report and look at the last payment section and or closed accounts too...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

You could always ring Voda and ask the date you last made payment and default date?

The reasons for my questions are because of this

the Defendant.

As Lowell have a habit of changing default dates... If the correct default date is right then I think Lowell may have missed the boat here... I still think the DCA is trying it on so maybe time for you to make a CPR 31.14 to the Solicitor dealing with this case.... This should be done asap...

i have drafted the following using a template i would like to know if this letter is correct before i send it off if someone could take a look i would be really greatful. thank you in advance

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.

Edited by citizenB
removed template letter and added link

I have removed the draft CPR31.14 from your post # 20.

We do not permit our template letters to be posted on the open forum as you need to be registered to see them.

However, as it is one of ours, then yes it would be ok to send. You can only request documents that are mentioned within the particulars of claim .

The letter needs to be sent to the solicitor acting on behalf of hte claimant and whose details should be on the claim form.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...