Restons/Cabot claimform - Cap1 Debt -

fezza77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have read through alot of threads with regards to similar cases but dont want to get anything wrong so some help would be really appreciated.

The account in question was started in august 2008 and defaulted march 2010, i am not sure when the last payment to this account was made, please note that the balance is lower than the default balance so im assuming something has been paid since the default.

They are asking for the total amount by 1st Feb otherwise they will be seeking a £50 monthly sum via the court.

Cabot took control of this account in September 2015, i have not done anything via contact but i know no things need to be dealt with. What actions should i take now i no i should be sending off a couple of letters but im not sure on the legal terms and shall i just follow similiar drafts on here making the amendments necessary?

Thanks for your time

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome

ok you've got a threat-o-gram

read it carefully

it doesn't say will anywhere..

remember DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

firstly

what is the debt type

and who was the original creditor

it might be worthy for you to go get your credit file too

and seewhat that reveals

noddle is free see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry for posing on wrong forum.

The letter states that "we have instructions to issue a claim against you in county court for full balance"

Its a credit card debt from capital one, now showing on my noodle report as caboot, here is a segment from noodle report

Credit Card

Account number ********

Account start date 09/08/2008

Opening balance £ 1,269

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 26/03/2010

Default balance £ 1,269

I do not know when i last made a payment im guessing its coming upto the 6 year mark but not 100% on it being SB, but its possible.

I have just done a cca request to caboot, do i still need to do a cpr 31.14 to restons even though the claim hasn't been filed yet?

thanks for all your prompt responses

god sends

Have you checked your credit file?

Did you receive a default notice?

Have you received an annual statement of account from the DCA or OC for the last five years?

How long ago did you send them the CCA request?

You don't need to send a CPR request yet, they've not issued a claim.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

"I have just done a CCA Request to caboot, do i still need to do a cpr 31.14 to restons even though the claim hasn't been filed yet? "

No

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have you checked your credit file? yes only caboot shoing on this debt from oct 2015

Did you receive a default notice? potentially hasd a few house moves and never notified them

Have you received an annual statement of account from the DCAicon or OC for the last five years? not that im aware, cabot sent me a letter when they 1st took the debt just staing amount owed no statment.

How long ago did you send them the CCA Requesticon? Literally just wrote it up ready to send today with a £1 postal order. is this ok?

Yes get it in the post ASAP.

You might want to check your credit files again, and ensure that your current address is showing, otherwise you might open yourself up

to a CCJ by default.

Although Cabrot have written to you at your current address, it won't be unknown for them to claim otherwise, just in order to obtain a CCJ.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am now on the electoral and it is showing as my current address on my credit file. I will get this sent off today, im assuming restons will still proceed when i dont give in to there demands on the 1st feb? Will i get a statement from caboot showng my last payment to this debt?

Pestons will do anything they think they can get away with.

You need to fire off that CCA request to Cabrot, they then have 12+2 days (working) in which to supply you with a copy of the agreement.

How much of that total is Capones fees/charges? Was there any PPI on the card?

I havent kept any of the paperwork so not sure how much fees have been added, no ppi on it. I got this letter friday although the letter says the 18th, ill send it 1st class recorded now.

Will they go for the ccj straight away and what chance have i?

OK, there is no need to send CCA requests via RD, if these lot can get away with using 2nd class, walk sort, then debtors should only ever use 2nd class mail and obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

It matters not what they use the postal order for, it is a statutory fee and any suggestion otherwise; should they attempt to claim it was payment toward the debt, is fraud and they know it.

Just a waiting game now for them to magic up the agreement within the time frame, until they do you pay nothing, nor engage with anyone regarding this.

You 'should' have been receiving an annual statement of account from either the OC or the powerless DCA?

If this is not the case then you may need to send Capone a SAR (£10) to get the history of the account and see how this figure is made up, and reclaim all of the fees/charges they've levied on the account.

• 2 weeks later...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

name of claimant : Cabot financial limited

issue date : 5th feb 2016

date for defence - by 4pm 8th march

!.the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant

under a contract between the defandent and Capital Onelink3.gif dated on or about aug 09 2008

and assigned to the claimant on sep 28 2015

2.acc number ********

date 15/1/2016 default balance 1114.94

post refrl cr nil

What is the value of the claim? 1264.94

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? credit

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2008

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. debt collector

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? potentially (head in sand)

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? same as above

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? dont believe so

Why did you cease payments? split from partner and in a massive amount of debt

What was the date of your last payment? no idea

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no payments from myself

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? started of with one but then failed to make payments

have requested a cca but not heard anything back from caboot.

thanks for your response

What is the value of the claim? 1264.94

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? credit

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2008

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. debt collector

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? potentially (head in sand)

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? same as above

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? dont believe so

Why did you cease payments? split from partner and in a massive amount of debt

What was the date of your last payment? no idea

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no payments from myself

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? started of with one but then failed to make payments

have requested a cca but not heard anything back from caboot.

thanks for your response

you've missed the top questions off

they are the important ones.

and they

why have cabot not responded to my cca request?

they have 12+2 working days.

but thats immaterial now as a claim has been issued

they now must reply or the claim will fail or stay

and they

particulars of claim please too

dx

and they

have you gone on mcol website and ack'd the claim defend all [AOS]

and they

Not yet? shall i defend the claim in full then? i can do that now.

Particulars of claim :

the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defandent under a contract between the defandent and capital one dated on or about aug 09 2008 and assigned to the claimant on sep 28 2015

acc number ********

date 15/1/2016 default balance 1114.94

post refrl cr nil

total 1111.94

you must defend all

else you'll get a CCJ anyway.

lots of cabot/rectums cap1 threads here to read

and they