Vanquish Bank/Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to proceed with Vanquish Credit Card as I seem to be in over my head at the minute. When the PPI claims first started I wrote to Vanquish saying I thought I was paying PPI and would like it refunded on the basis I was told I had to have it when I took the card out and didn't get an option to decline it.

They have denied it is PPI and advised it is a repayment option plan to help me manage my finances should I become unemployed. BUT they would refund my £175.00. On agreement of the refund, my interest rate would increase. I didn't accepted the offer as in the long run I would be paying more money.

I then got into financial difficulty and over £400 has been added on in charges over the last 12 months. I have asked for these charges to be removed and am willing to negotiate a repayment option if they send me statements of the account. They advised I would have to pay £5.00 per statement which would cost me over £65.00 they said. Not having that amount of money to spare I had to decline.

I then sent off a letter which I thought would get me my signed credit agreement but ended up with me getting copies of the statements with no charge. When I queried where the credit agreement was, they said I had to pay £1 which I did.

What they have sent me is a printed out application and a copy of the terms and conditions. None of which have my signature on them. Now I don't know what to do. Knowing how much I have now paid in the repayment option plan, can I deduct that amount and offer them that settlement. Can I proceed and prove this repayment option plan is PPI.

Any help however small will be gratefully received and thanks in advance. :|:|:|:???::???::???:

Hello welcome to CAG.

All of your correspondence with them should be in writing only, never over the phone.

To get the entire history of the account will only cost you £10 for a SAR request. No doubt they deliberately forgot to tell you this as it isn't profitable for them.

So send them a SAR enclosing the £10 fee and they have 40 calender days in which to send you all of the information they have on your account.

Then you can go through it, see what is physically owed and what are their reclaimable fees/charges, and this PPI they claim isn't.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It would get you the entire history of the account, BUT, if you're saying you have all the info you need now , then there would be little point in a SAR, but you said they told you it would cost £5 for copies of each of the statements? So you already have these??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Its called rop

They claim its not PPI but it is

Type in vanquis rop in Cag red toolbar search

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have dug everything out in relation to this. I wouldnt say what I have are actual copies of statements, but it lists all statement dates on one page and then lists all transactions on the account going back to 2008 which is when I assume I took the card out. There is also a CD which they advise is a recording of all the calls I have made.

I can see from looking at it I have paid £348 in late payment fees. £84 in overlimit fees. £335.91 on the repayment option plan. Everything else on there are purchases I have made or different listed interest charges they have applied.

Would this mean I dont have to send of the £10. I dont actually remember paying anything other than the £1 recently but I guess I must have if I have the info.

The other envelope contains 'digital signature application details'. A whole list of terms and conditions. A covering letter stating the outstanding balance and advising me the debt has been sold to Lowell on 30th September 2015. Nothin with my signature on it but I think I did apply on line.

Does anyone know where I go from here? I guess I am not dealing with Vanquish anymore.

First of all get a CCA request off and see what happens, click the link. Then reclaim the ROP fess and all other fees, you may be lucky to get most of the debt wiped out. Also don't forget to add the interest to the total reclaimed....

An application form is NOT a credit agreement so sent this off. Put the account in dispute. Once the 12+2 days have passed then pop back in for more advice ok?

Finally its not what you have that counts its what THEY have that does. If they haven't got or have lost it then tuff on them. Don't supply them anything, they supply you.... Its worth getting the information just to see what they have left... Chances are not everything.. If they do you can then compare that to what you have. It's a win win situation for you but at a small cost to you....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Who did you pay £1 to and what for?

Have you listened to the CD that they claim has the phone calls on?

Did you apply for this online or not?

Guessing isn't going to help you, you need to be as certain as you can be, from the story so far I'd be reclaiming all of that PPI that they say isn't, and all of the fees/charges they have added to the account.

The maximum I would be paying lowlifes would be £1 a month, but after you've reclaimed everything, it sounds like you've already done a SAR,?

The last letter states

Dear Mrs ****

Account number : **** **** **** **** ****

Re: statement request pursuant to Section 78(1) of the consumer credit 1974 credit card agreement regul;ated by the consumer credit act 1974 (agreement)

Thank you for your statutory request for information with respect to the above agereement.

We enclose a copy of the executed agreement being the vanquish visa card terms and conditions.

Then it goes on to say the debt has been sold on. The CCA Request I am sending off now - is that something different?

The reason for my earlier post today was on the back of what the OP said, they sent a copy of the 'application form' hence my response for sending a CCA request.

The OP can post the copy they were sent via a PDF with all personal details removed so we can see what it is they have!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I paid the £1 to Vanquish. I have not listened to the CD as yet.

The first letter I received says

Dear Mrs *******

Subject Access Request pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998

Thank you for your letter which has been passed to me for my attention.

Further to your request for details of information relating to your account, I am enclosing the following information for your attention:

1 Copy of account notation

2 Key to abbreviations

List of transaction and charges

4 Your request for call recordings will be sent on a separate cover

If you have any queries in relation to the information encliosed herewith, please do not hesitate to contact me.

It is signed pp ***** *****

Legal and Compliance

Vanquish Bank Ltd

The last lot of pages on this letter are contact history.

It sound like I have everything that is requested above. Do I now put a letter together asking them to refund the Repayment Otion Plan.

My intention is then to repay what is left £1117.98 minus the £335.91. Is there a template letter on here I can use or do I draft my own. If so are there any statements I need to include or avoid. Do I send to Vanquish or Lowell (as the debt has been 'sold' to them)

Thanks again for this guys. I would of been lost without you.

What IS import is to see a copy of your credit agreement or what it is they have sent you, before you start anything else as it needs to be checked to see if it is complaint at all... or if indeed it is an agreement in the 1st place. So if you can please scan it and convert to PDF and post it up minus personal details and identifying marks and barcodes the like. This will help you in the long run ok!

The reason for this will become clear as we get more information. It could also save you money in the end. So if you can please post that document up.. If you wish to that is....

I would suspect the CCA will be compliant

You need to pop the charges in our cisheet for excel

And do another one for the rop PPI

On NY phone so can't post links

The reclaims goto vanquis not the dca

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Follow the guide you don't need 10 posts

Pop all the redacted pictures into a multi page word doc one image per page

Then file

Save as

. PDF

The attach it via the bottom right go advanced button

and they

Well straight away I can see three different dates on that 'application' form.

March 08, Sept 08, and Jan 2016???

do I now need a copy of my signed credit agreement from them?

letters I have sent are listed below-

15th September 2015

cca template removed

please read the CCA thread - dx

Now I have found all these, which letter do I use to request my signed Credit Agreement. I have the Postal Order ready.

Thanks

Sorry. I didnt realise I was.

A previous post says that I should request my signed credit agreement.

That is the the only thing I dont have.

I have the application form,

a copy of the terms and conditions

and a copy of transactions and charges on the account.

But no signed credit agreement.

Can anyone advise on how I proceed now.

Thanks and again - sorry!

If this agreement was post 2007 then it will more than likely be compliant, especially if you took it out online?

No need to be sorry, :thumb:

I now have everything I need but I am unsure what to do.

The ROP is a form of PPI from what is above

do I ask for that to be refunded and pay the balance or do I ask for charges as well.

Want to get rid of this as the threat of Court Action is looming over my head

Thanks