BankFodder BankFodder

louise2012

The work programme

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 727 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Apologies Mr. P. can you send me a link to that please? I've been in the SG for 5 years, they're looking at kicking me off that shortly into the WRAG, are you saying this is no longer the case, it doesn't exist?

Referrals to the work programme ended last year.

Referrals to the work programme ended last year.

Thank you! :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have been reading this and it reminded me of way back in 2009 when I was placed in a work programme.

I had been unemployed about a year and up until then I had been working in the same job for 15 years but left due to ill health,

applied for ESA which was refused and naively did as I was told.

i was in survival mode and if they said jump I jumped much to the detriment of my own health.

I had to be at this place for 30 hours a week, sign in and out for 3 months.

It was horrendous, or at the very least ridiculous.

We had to job search for 6 hours a day but because of the volume of people you would wait hours just to get on a computer so would sit there doing nothing.

I had a computer at home that I could of been using but was not allowed to leave even though I was just sitting there.

We were lucky if we got access to a PC for an hour in our 6 hour day.

I actually felt like a prisoner.

To this day I still can't believe that we all, like sheep went along with this nonsense.

From what I have read here it does seem to of improved slightly but still seems to be paying people to find unemployable people a job which they are unable to do and sanctioning them if they don't conform.

To this day I still can't believe that we all, like sheep went along with this nonsense.

I was allocated to the "care" of A4e around the same time.... Some of us (well, me anyway) took their "promise" to treat customers as "we ourselves would wish to be treated" to heart. So if an "advisor" treated me with disrespect and contempt, I felt obliged to respond in the same vein. When presented with a choice of "courses" ranging from basic literacy to job search & CVs, I suggested some of the staff were in greater need.

Might be part of the reason I wasn't mandated to participate in the inane and pointless activities.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

When presented with a choice of "courses" ranging from basic literacy to job search & CVs, I suggested some of the staff were in greater need.

Might be part of the reason I wasn't mandated to participate in the inane and pointless activities.

Now that I like!:rofl::clap2:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!