The work programme

louise2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did the work programme with working links. Most of the time I just went in every 2 weeks to do a one hour job search. Sometimes they just phoned me for a quick chat, so I didn't have to attend. If they think you have no chance of getting a job, then they will mostly ignore you for the whole 2 years. They have targets to meet, so they will focus on the most employable people.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My lodger was put on the work programme

and despite my negative feelings towards them actually have paid off. within 1 month hes now in full time employment.

Does not excuse all the underhand stuff they pull on most people though

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The main issue with this is that people who are sick and on ESA WRAG are mandated to do this nonsense, for many it is totally pointless because there health conditions aren't likely to ever improve enough to allow them to work, this and i would suspect even attending the WP is a challenge for some

A question i have not sure if this is the right place but regarding universal job search i was told at the Job centre i had to choose 3 jobs to search in my commitment form is this true as whilst reading the forum its opened my eyes to how slimy these people can be.

Is this when claiming JSA (claimant commitment ) ? If so then it is whatever steps to finding work that you agreed at the initial interview ( day 1) UJ isn't it's self mandatory, but if you have agreed to use it, (claimant commitment) then if you are found not to be doing it they can raise a doubt for failing to carry out what you agreed to do,

On another note a work coach can Mandate a jsa claimant to create account & upload public CV, Subject to taking in to account their personal circumstances, such as internet access and access to a pc at home, as well as them accepting cookies , as well as any health conditions that would make attending the JCP frequently a problem

Yes JSA claiment commitment. Reason i ask is i was really pushed into thinking of 3 jobs i could do when in truth i had major concerns about holding them down. Does baffle me how they think folk want to live off £70 odd quid a week. Thanks for your help hopefully i'm due a claiment commitment update soon either that or someone might believe i have little to no chance of getting/holding down a job.

according to official gov sources the work programme is due to end in/by 2017 well in it's current format at least to be replaced with the Work & health programme , is it yet another evil method of persecuting the sick & unemployed, if IDS has had any say it in it no doubt it will be

https://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/work-and-health-programme-will-it-treat-the-unemployed-as-ill/

I'm surprised that there hasn't been that much reported about this , so far as 2017 isn't light years away,

And more alarming if true is thishttps://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/the-government-plan-to-nudge-sick-and-disabled-people-into-work/

• 2 weeks later...

I was due to see my advisor today on the work programme, however I had to do job search instead of seeing her. Also I've had no reminders for future appointments but have to go tomorrow which I was told verbally before I left this afternoon. Anyway, do I show the letter to her tomorrow about the appointment today or should I leave it.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

To begin with I actually gave them the benefit of the doubt despite knowing a guy who took a job as a zero hours cleaner, just to get away from them. He has dyslexia and they, possibly deliberately, sent him the wrong days/times for his appointments. Whenever he showed up they claimed it was the wrong day/time and he was sanctioned many times...

At first I was very enthusiastic & it did give me a kick up the booty. Had many interviews and new re-gained focus... until the lies started. Then the manipulation and mind games... and finally the hounding. Pretty much all the staff from the first time I attend are no longer at the centre, just a few stragglers left hanging on. Almost anything I was told by them I queried at the JCP, often to be told ' Erm no! who told you that?' when i replied it was a WP advisor they'd just roll their eyes and say 'Oh that lot?' Our JCP know they are useless, I've seen a lot of people still accessing the PCs for mandated Job Searches meaning they must have come back from being on WP and mandated to access the internet in the JC. It's a sad state of affairs. Probably some of them are dregs but I bet they weren't in the slightest on Ingeus radar... they only look at those able to make them the ££££.

During my time there though I found the majority of the people genuinely wanted to find employment & most were doing all the could to get themselves back into work. People also supported each other, quite a few times I was going to accept a role only for someone else on the programme to say "really going to take that job? it won't last/not contracted... don't do it" to this WP folks would be angry and snarling under their breath... At least the clients helped each other!

In short my time was wasted (so many late appointments with an advisor who was NEVER on time) & I have gained nothing except more anxious & unhappy. Could say it's been a contributory factor to my current status & well being. Ingeus don't care, not about clients, their lives and any genuine barriers they have to getting back into the working world. They just want money for "their part" in finding a job for you... even when it's totally useless, below your skill level, likely to leave you financially worse off & destitute... so long as they get a bonus and payout from DWP. System a shambles, Press the destruct button Please! :sad:

In short my time was wasted (so many late appointments with an advisor who was NEVER on time) & I have gained nothing except more anxious & unhappy. Could say it's been a contributory factor to my current status & well being. Ingeus don't care, not about clients, their lives and any genuine barriers they have to getting back into the working world. They just want money for "their part" in finding a job for you... even when it's totally useless, below your skill level, likely to leave you financially worse off & destitute... so long as they get a bonus and payout from DWP. System a shambles, Press the destruct button Please! :sad:

My first experience of A4e left me with the firm impression of a disorganised office staffed by headless chickens who didn't have a clue what they were doing. This impression was reaffirmed at subsequent meetings where they appeared to make the rules up as they went along. Also had the long wait for an "adviser" that couldn't keep to a schedule. Passed comment that "You expect me to be on time, there is an expectation that you also do the same".

As for the destruct button, I have repeatedly pressed it, but like most things connected to the Work Programme, it doesn't work.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Headless chickens? lol! They have so much paperwork to do, possibly explains why there are so many errors in the letters they send to clients... I once had a letter sent with the "You didn't make your last app, so we have arranged a new app time/day for you"... I was puzzled as I attend every app with them, phoned the 'advisor' and in fairness they did apologise that it was a mistake. Still this is what I mean by mind games.

I hear next year there'll be "health advisors" appointed to each WP... & they can contact your GP too... god help anyone still attending at that time. Taking health advice from Ingeus/A4E/WL? :jaw: I think not...

That's a point, Nystagmite. I would have thought they would need a specific form to give them permission to approach someone's GP, the same as an insurance company or an employer. I think it would be covered by the Access to Medical Reports Act 1998.

How would the WP know who your GP is, btw?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I hear next year there'll be "health advisors" appointed to each WP... & they can contact your GP too... god help anyone still attending at that time. Taking health advice from Ingeus/A4E/WL? :jaw: I think not...

I recall seeing several adverts about two years ago from various WP providers attempting to recruit "Health Professionals" to deliver certain provisions under the Work Programme. Primarily, they were looking to recruit newly qualified individuals from a variety of disciplines, if for no other reason that it would be a lot cheaper than finding someone with real world experience.

They would still need express and explicit consent to contact your GP and gain access to your medical records.

That's a point, Nystagmite. I would have thought they would need a specific form to give them permission to approach someone's GP, the same as an insurance company or an employer. I think it would be covered by the Access to Medical Reports Act 1998.

How would the WP know who your GP is, btw?

HB

I'd guess they'll slip in a form requesting GP's details whenever a client enrolls onto the Programme. Back at my induction I could see quite a few people scouring the forms in detail, others however happily signed away all their rights to data protection... When anyone questioned anything on these forms, the reply was always "it's mandatory that you sign, we own you now!"... :-x Lying Puckers!

Hopefully these plans will never come to anything. Intruding on the confidential GP/Patient relationship is bad enough but this could give WP providers another reason to gain a sanction/raised doubt... i.e.: no doctors note for one days missed appointment? Doubt raised = Sanctioned! Then the client would have to go through the appeals process, taking up more time while they struggle financially, meaning WP could put more pressure on them to take one of their 'opportunities'.

It's all about who has the power. Many clients are still unaware of the rights and power that they have over WP providers. Thankfully sites like these have been spreading the word.

Hopefully these plans will never come to anything. Intruding on the confidential GP/Patient relationship is bad enough

There were a couple of pilot schemes being set up a while back, mainly aimed at ESA claimants. I haven't seen any reports as to whether these produced any quantifiable results. I suspect the extra costs of employing suitably qualified staff exceeded the financial returns and the pilot projects were quietly shelved.

I remember this being mentioned years ago and some people complaining. It was something, I do believe, about how non-medically trained people are supposedly giving medical advice. I've got a lot of complex medical problems and at times, the medical profession have said they don't know what to do with me (because I can't have a lot of medication / my situation is just too complex) so goodness knows what people from WP think they can do!

I also wouldn't allow someone like them access to my medical records either.

I'm a troll?

No think BB suggested jonnietemple might be.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 year later...

The link was working yesterday, but I'm getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error which usually indicates a problem on the server hosting the page.

Did find this link to what looks like the original letter: http://54yearsintheuk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/open-letter-to-avanta-work-programme.html

I thought they abolished the Work Programme ? How can this STILL be going on ? They are worse then useless, no idea how to help the unemployed with their outdated offices and lies...

I've been able to put off singing on for Universal Credit for at least another month but last time I had finished the two year sentence on the WP... PLEASE don't say they'll send me back there again! Is this nationwide? Do they still have it in Scotland ? Surely not!

PLEASE don't say they'll send me back there again! Is this nationwide? Do they still have it in Scotland ? Surely not!

Unless the rules have changed, I was under the impression that you couldn't be referred back to the Work Programme once you had completed a two year stint.

Unless the rules have changed, I was under the impression that you couldn't be referred back to the Work Programme once you had completed a two year stint.

Apologies Mr. P. can you send me a link to that please? I've been in the SG for 5 years, they're looking at kicking me off that shortly into the WRAG, are you saying this is no longer the case, it doesn't exist?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!