• Tweets

• OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because there was still £69 owing, I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle. However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account ......... has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Brighthouse Text Messages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recycled numbers are a nuisance on the system. Also do BH actually check the numbers are the customers? Not only that it's almost as cheap to send a letter. That way they would get the right person they are trying to contact.

On a side note...BH could do what PDL do... Use a text message system to verify numbers with a pass code

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it continues. Another month same old s**t. Twice a week every week no matter how many calls or emails I send.

To answer another poster, Its not a new number, I've had it 18 months. There were no problems for the first 6 months or so.

Going to go down the road of legal action now.

Get that complaint in asap in writing to the CEO , make sure he knows its an LBA, and give then 7-14 days to sort it out. After that time has expired if you havent heard anything back or they are still contacting you, get that claim in.3

There is case law to shore up your side, so just make sure you do everything by the book

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Good Morning chalmers1967,

I am looking into this as a matter of urgency and responded to your email.

Could you reply and confirm the telephone number and we can see to it being removed as soon as possible.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience.

Thank you

Jason

Web Relations Team

Jason instead of sorry make a good will gesture to the OP this way we can see you are serious about making a difference...

It's about time your company read the CONC rules regarding debts and harassment...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Of course it's urgent. You known damn well that any legal action against your employer will be won and because you are part of this thread, your job will be at risk

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

That's just fact though. He's trying and failing at damage control. While I hate bh with a passion, I can see the niche market that it targets. The problem is that it exploits, ignores the rules and then to top it off, harasses someone who isn't even a customer and then thinks just removing a number in their system and a simple sorry means its all sorted.

The thing is its not even a one off. It's an ingrained part of their business methods and their head office even tries to laugh it off saying its a store level issue.

Their entire business needs a total overhaul

Actually mikey it has its place. TH eissue is the obscene interest rates and charges, and the fact they breach regulations almost every day. Such as constant intimidation and harassment by 'collection agents', or continuous phone calls every day.

Therefore from your own words they are NOT fit for purpose at this time... But not a lot we can do except show posters what they can do in ways of redress with the help of the relevant authorities...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Guys

Please be considerate to Jason, whether he is a corporate poster or not.

Jason... The OP is having severe issues and I do not believe enough is being done to resolve this for them... Could you please confirm the next steps for the OP beyond you just removing the number as I feel BH is doing nothing to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

BH have no right to be calling a non customer end of, now Jason go sort it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

fkofilee

Sorry I thought CAG was about honest advice? I have read many of the threads Jason has subscribed to and the opening words are sorry **** Sorry means never doing it again as I was told by my late nan and mum... But BH continue to behave in an inappropriate manner and against the very rules listed in CONC!!!

If Bright house continue to do this without concern the debtor in this not a customer then the relevant bodies MUST get involved. I am sorry if you feel our posts are not quite correct but, as a consumer forum then we MUST advise a debtor/other what options they have for redress!!

Finally a message to Jason can I please draw you attention to post #15 here >> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?458571-Cold-calling-firms-forced-to-display-phone-numbers&p=4858248#post4858248

I will if need be refrain from posting on BH threads?

fkofilee

Sorry I thought CAG was about honest advice? I have read many of the threads Jason has subscribed to and the opening words are sorry **** Sorry means never doing it again as I was told by my late nan and mum... But BH continue to behave in an inappropriate manner and against the very rules listed in CONC!!!

If Bright house continue to do this without concern the debtor in this not a customer then the relevant bodies MUST get involved. I am sorry if you feel our posts are not quite correct but, as a consumer forum then we MUST advise a debtor/other what options they have for redress!!

Finally a message to Jason can I please draw you attention to post #15 here >> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?458571-Cold-calling-firms-forced-to-display-phone-numbers&p=4858248#post4858248

I will if need be refrain from posting on BH threads?

I agree and CAG is about honest advice for these situations. And your posts are fine, I would just allow JAson to attempt to do his job as a corporate poster whether you feel he is failing or not.

Now lets get back to helping the OP.

OP - Chalmers, you want to go legal on this, what correspondance have you had with CR at BH?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Believe me i am no lover of this kind of organisation, but i still have difficulty getting my head arround the reasons for this complaint .

Does what is essentially a wrong number constitute processing Data ?

Is there more to this that i am not seeing perhaps?

DB, the point of this is that Chalmers is not and has never been a customer of Brighthouse - yet they continue to send texts to him advising him when he should pay ! Pay for what ? This is IMHO harrassment.

Having sent numerous emails and telephone calls, and with Jason the BH Rep having said he will get the number removed - they still continue to pester him.

As this has been going on for quite some while, I would advise the OP to send a formal complaint to BH Head/Registered office and quote Ferguson v British Gas - it must be frustrating enough if you actually owe money to BH. But to receive constant calls when you are not, is simply not on.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB

Two weeks ago since i made that post CB, different ball game now, well overdue if it was a simple mistake. Always in favour of giving people the benefit of the doubt, initially.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Good morning chalmers1967,

I am sorry you have received another text message, however I have not been able to locate an email in our inbox.

Without your details, it is not possible for me to remove the number from our system. In order for me to take any action in removing your number from our database, please email [email protected] with the reference number in the subject heading.

The reference for your log in 250312.

I look forward to receiving your email and helping resolve the situation.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Can the OP confirm that this information and your number was sent to BH as per this request please

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi CB

Two weeks ago since i made that post CB, different ball game now, well overdue if it was a simple mistake. Always in favour of giving people the benefit of the doubt, initially.

Yes, sorry DB - I am trying to play catch up with my notifications !

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So you are not and never have been the debtor they are after, have asked for number to be removed which hasnt been done.

Some links you may find of help in this case:

Section 40 Administration of Justice Act 1970

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1970/31

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2008/9780110811574/contents

Section 4A Public Order Act 1986

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64/section/4A

Section 1&2 Malicious Communications Act 1988

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

Protection from Harassment Act 1997

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/contents

Human Right Act 1998 Article 8 Right to Privacy

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1/part/I/chapter/7

Section 127 Communications Act 2003

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Any update Chalmers ?

Any update Chalmers ?

Yes as suggested I once again contacted them quoting the reference number given on here and as usual I was told that would be the end. Surprisingly enough last Monday and Tuesday, like clockwork I received my regular text messages from BH.

Change of tact this morning though. I received a voice mail asking for a call back in relation to an order placed. I traced the number to a Leeds branch (I live near Edinburgh). I returned the call to be told now after 18 months that my number is in fact currently linked to an account. I have once again been assured it has been removed from "the system".

We shall see what Monday brings

Fingers crossed

• 1 month later...
Well believe it or not it has finally ended. It appears I've been lied to all along and my mobile number was (wrongly) linked to someone else's account

So, have you received a written apology ? An offer of compensation for the harassment, even if only one of their smarmy GWG ?

BCOBS