Hfo CCJ/Charging Order taken over by link

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There must have been another sheet to the T&Cs as clause 14 is referred to - was there more?

The app form is illegible and the claim should have failed on that. I believe these T&Cs are unrelated. They refer to the contract being between BC and the person named on the card in 'the carrier', which implies that these T&Cs were sent out with the card and not issued at the time of signing.

The Carey judgment could be your friend here.

the charging order is in favour HFO Services Ltd. What worries me is that the original judgement was for £5,979 and now it has escalated in the witness statement to just under £14,000:eek:

Edited by eddymced

Eddy, for reasons which will become clear, we need to put a temporary hold on this - something very interesting has cropped up. Can't say more till I get some advice - don't want to get you, me or the forum into any bother.

Hold tight!

BA, will email you later with some developments. Apologies Caggers - needs to be kept off here for now.

Donkey

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie, there is a clear way to win this.

HFO have massively cocked up yet again, I'm sure you will agree, as anyone reading those documents will understand. And some of their actions and submissions will now only compound their problems.

Sadly, if you'd gotten advice earlier, it would never have got to this stage as the defence would have been 100% solid - but we can pull it back I think.

You need to have a good look through Broken Arrow's thread here to understand many of the issues:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/144119-hfo-court-claim.html

In the meantime, we need to get some solid legal advice in the background before we decide the best route of redress and post it here for the benefit of other Caggers. But if BA can do it, so can you!

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I have just received a letter from Link stating that they have taken over an account from HFO.

I had an old Barclaycard debt which was sold to HFO who, somehow,

despite failing to produce the necessary documents requested from me,

and having shown the court a very dubious Agreement between me and Barclaycard

(not convinced it was the correct terms and conditions as bad photocopy

and did not seem to match the original signed Agreement?),

HFO managed to get a CO on my property.

Since then, I have not heard anything from them for about 4 years until

I received this letter from Link demanding immediate payment or they will take enforcement action against me.

Can anyone help on where I need to go with this?

I do not know who Link are?

Many thanks.

Thread moved to financial Legal Issues.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ive merged your three existing thread on this debt

so the old HFO team will see this

yet another dodgy CCJ/CO gained by HFO now sold to link guys.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So the Assigned judgment is 4 years old now Link have their hands on it and want payment....did you ever make any payments to HFO ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Well subject to what month in 2009 it is fast approaching its 6 year anniversary ...hence Links final push...I personally would ignore Link until they actually to attempt to litigate execution of the judgment.

I believe the original Charging Order was granted on 7th January 2009, if that helps?

Yes excellent thats 7 years...they can still try to collect and can enforce the CCJ...but they have to deal with paperwork and get court permission first...so let them spend money on it...... substitute ownership as Judgment creditor and then see what transpires...ignore that letter but file it safe.

Yes once they make application to substitute Judgment Creditor to their name

Bottom line is its free money to them

Watch out for phone calls

Never ever discuss your debts on the phone

and they

• 3 years later...

I wish to remortgage my property but HFO took legal action against me for a debt and applied for a Charging Order. 

This was then sold on to Link. 

Every now and then I have received the usual letters of threat but have never responded. 

Having checked with Land Registry I see that HFO filed for a Unilateral Notice of Interim Charging Order in 2008 but never a Final Charging Order and Link added themselves as Beneficiaries in 2015. 

I have written in the past about the battles I had with HFO/Link and heeded the advice to ignore Link until they decide to take me to Court to claim themselves as the new Creditor. 

How does this Interim Charging Order affect me regarding moving forward and is it possible to get it removed? 

Thanks for any advice.

old and new threads merged.

is this a sole debt on a joint property?

or you only owe your property

save me looking back?

and they