Statutory Demand Urgent Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am new here however,

I really need a qualified advice.

I received a statutory demand on 13/01 this year.

However in the email they are stating this was served on 21/12/2015/

Even I moved house I was regularly visiting my old address and no letter was delivered.

The statutory demand is served on my based on judgement from foreign EU country.

I was not present on the hearing (I did not know about it) but a representative was pointed to represent me.

I found that the Judgment is not enforceable in the UK according to EC Reg 2001/44.

I would like to apply statutory demand to set aside but I am not clear about my grounds.

On the form 6.5 is stated:

© Insert one of the 8 following alternatives or if none of them are applicable state grounds on which you consider the statutory demand should be set aside

(1) “Do not admit the debt because…” [here state grounds] or

(2) “Admit the debt but not that it is payable immediately” [state reason], or

(3) “Admit the debt as to £ , and that this is payable but that the remainder is not immediately payable. I am prepared to pay the amount of £ immediately” [state reason], or

(4) “Admit the debt and am prepared to secure or compound for it to the creditor’s satisfaction by …”

[state nature of satisfaction], or

(5) “Say that the debt is a secured debt” [give full details of security and its value], or

(6) “Have a counter-claim (or set-off or cross demand) for £ being a sum equal to (or exceeding) the claim in respect of” [here state grounds of counterclaim etc.], or 2. That I ©

(7) “Say that execution on the Judgment of the Court has been stayed” [give details], or

(8) “Say that the Demand does not comply with the Insolvency Rules in that ………”

[state reason]

I would choose number 8 and describe that it was not served in correct way. Not sure if I can use the part about judgement from foreign country.

Any help, advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Welcome to CAG Cimulka...

Please give us more information on the debt itself?

If it is an overseas debt and it is being claimed for over here, where is the debt from, how much is it for?

Do they have a Court Order in their own country for it?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you.

Judgement is from EU country from 2012.

I was as a guarantor.

Although I live in London since 2009 and I did not have a clue about the hearing. Judgement was delivered to me in 2014

. A third party represents a creditor in the UK and they have sent me an email about statutory demand.

I have kind of accepted the debt by making some payments last year even I do not agree with the judgement and debt itself.

My silly mistake.

If the stat demand is based on a previous judgment (CCJ) you cant set it a side...you have to set a side the judgment which the Stat Demand is connected to.

Where was the CCJ issued? Czech Republic

Where was the Stat demand served?

Which country are you residing in now and are you employed?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So the judgment was issued in Czech Republic served from the UK Court?

And the Stat Demand was served where ...also Czech Republic ?

And now you live in the UK?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

judgement was issued in 2012 in Czech Rep and delivered to me in 2014 in the UK. Stat Demand was served in the UK via email last week.

and yes I live in the UK since 2009

judgement was served by the Czech court not UK. there is not UK judgement at all.

So this is a Czech Judgment and the Stat Demand was Czech but served by email to your UK home

Service within the EU

Direct Service not allowed

If a member state (see list below) has objected to 'Direct Service', service will be carried out in accordance with the Service Regulation through the Foreign Process Department (FPD) at the High Court in London.

For these cases the statutory demand should be prepared with the time limits of 18 and 21 days amended for service out of the jurisdiction. It should then be forwarded through yourTechnical Advisor to (This text has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)Solicitor's Office who will liaise with the FPD at the High Court.

EU States which have objected to direct service

The following member states have objected to Direct Service

Austria

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/insmanual/ins11266.htm#5

The way I read it they are not allowed to issue a SD direct from Czech Rep and neither has the Judgment got any standing here either.

The following may be of interest.....this is UK law.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part78

Thank you for this. I have already pay them some money. Thank you for all useful links and thoughts

It would probably be helpful to those who know about SD's to actually see the SD that has been issued. Perhaps the emailed SD can be forwarded by email to CAG admin address, so it can be looked at ?

Does the SD mention the Hight Court in London ? I thought an SD usually had to detail which court the debtor could apply for a set aside ?

In the first post, it mentions that a representative was sent to the Czech court in 2012. If this is so, why was the court judgement not received until 2014 ? Surely the representative was aware of the judgement and have advised you of this. You entered into some payments and have stopped. The claimant has now issued the SD, but may not have followed the correct process.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Simply upload it here...no need to keep it off the thread. (obscure any identifying data first)

Andy