considering requesting CCA info from my providers.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, been reading this forum for last few days considering requesting CCA info from my providers.

There are small balances outstanding on 3 different credit cards (barclays £780, Virgin (MBNA) £600, M&S £500) all were taken out between 2000-2004 and i can honestly say i don't remember signing a thing!

I don't really want to effect my credit score and would settle at partial payments if they could not provide a true CCA, can anyone please advise on the first letter i shoud send these providers and address to which i send? Many thanks

Edited by rizel23
chnage of title

You could send this letter, however I don't know about addresses but I'm sure someone will.

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: (Your Account No.)

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

Please note all communication must be in writing only.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Hope this is of help to you.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

thanks all, i totally missed the template section, but thanks DG :-)

I think I'm confusing myself by reading all this now, but first i guess i need to know if all agreements are valid and i presume i continue to make payments till it is in question that they are not (if that is the case)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Hi

If it was me I would keep making the payments but that's up to you.

Send the CCA request to them all and dont forget the £1 PO with each one, send RD so you have a record of posting and you can keep a check on when they receive it. They have 12 + 2 days to respond to you after that time if you've not got what you have requested then you can send an account in dispute letter and stop paying until it's resolved.

When you get your replies scan then up you can do it thro photobucke its free then everyone can advise you.

Dont use your usual signature for the letters or if you do put a couple of crosses or lines through so you know that they haven't digital enhanced or copies and pasted your signature.

Hope thats helped you, if they phone you dont speak to them, if you do you must tell them that everything has to be in writing only.

DG:)

Will see what I can find for you tomorrow when I go to work if nobody comes up with anything tonight.

DG

• 2 weeks later...

It may be a good idea if you start different threads for the different companies. This will make it easier for everyone to follow. If you press the red triangle and explain to the site team someone should be able to help you.

Edited by cymruambyth
typo

• 6 years later...

I have three unsettled (in dispute) defaults that are due to expire after the 6 years with the last one on 11th February 2016

Can anyone please advise when is the best date to check the defaults have dropped off my file?

Thanks.

March time.

Check with Clearscore and Noddle. Remember 6 years from default date.

Thanks yes, times quoted are when from placed on file, the actual last default date was 27th August 2009, but did not reach credit file until the 11th February 2010

Thanks yes, times quoted are when from placed on file, the actual last default date was 27th August 2009, but did not reach credit file until the 11th February 2010

Hi Rizel...

Sorry about my short response before. It would be March time :)

So wait until your Noddle CRA Refreshes in March to check

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis