Travelodge and APCOA Parking**Ticket Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to London for the New Year Eve celebrations and booked a Travelodge for an overnight stop.

When we arrived, I attempted to pay for parking, but the machine refused to accept a card payment. Message on the screen was Network Unavailable. I brought this to the attention of the recetionist and showed him the machine ( I also took a photo on my phone ). He said can you not pay with cash and I said, no as I didn't have any on me. He then said no problem, I will email the parking company with your Reg number and you pay me cash later, obviously a little cartel going on here!!

When we returned in the very early hours, a little bit worst for wear, I tried to pay the money to a different receptionist who said they don't accept payments. She said not to worry as her collegue would have emailed the company and basically you have free parking.

Well this morning I have received a parking charge notice from APCOA Parking dated 15/01/16 saying I breached the terms and conditions of use of the hotel car park and want me to pay £60.00.

Should I appeal this, complain to travelodge or chuck it in the bin!!?

Hi

I am assuming that there was only one machine?

I would appeal. You will get rejected by APCOA but they will have to give you a POPLA code so that you can appeal further.

Do not name the driver, just say 'the driver'

This I assume was not a windscreen ticket and you parked on 31st december. My suspicion is that the have timed out as well as they have 14 days to contact the owner where ANPR has been used.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Went to London for the New Year Eve celebrations and booked a Travelodge for an overnight stop.

When we arrived, I attempted to pay for parking, but the machine refused to accept a card payment. Message on the screen was Network Unavailable. I brought this to the attention of the recetionist and showed him the machine ( I also took a photo on my phone ). He said can you not pay with cash and I said, no as I didn't have any on me. He then said no problem, I will email the parking company with your Reg number and you pay me cash later, obviously a little cartel going on here!!

When we returned in the very early hours, a little bit worst for wear, I tried to pay the money to a different receptionist who said they don't accept payments. She said not to worry as her collegue would have emailed the company and basically you have free parking.

Well this morning I have received a parking charge notice from APCOA Parking dated 15/01/16 saying I breached the terms and conditions of use of the hotel car park and want me to pay £60.00.

Should I appeal this, complain to travelodge or chuck it in the bin!!?

As has been mentioned, the notice seems to be out time for keeper liability but they may not be using yhe POFA anyway. Can you post up a redacted copy please?

You should complain vigorously to travelodge about the way their staff and agents are treating paying guests. This will be the quickest way to get it cancelled, you will probably have to appeal to APCOA as well but lets see the NTK so we can word that for you.

Just an update.

Have spoken with Travelodge via their webchat and the advisor agreed that it should be cancelled.

They have sent me an email requesting the Parking Charge Notice details with a view to getting it dropped.

I have requested confirmation when that has been undertaken.

I will keep you informed.

Just an update.

Have spoken with Travelodge via their webchat and the advisor agreed that it should be cancelled.

They have sent me an email requesting the Parking Charge Notice details with a view to getting it dropped.

I have requested confirmation when that has been undertaken.

I will keep you informed.

:thumb:

Make sure you keep all correspondence from the principal (travelodge ) that says it should be cancelled. For six years.

Update!!

Good news this morning, I have just received confirmation in the post from APCOA Parking stating that the 'Parking Charge Notice has been cancelled and no further action is required'.

I must admit that the Travelodge Webchat advisor was really good and ensured that her promise was met.

Well done to her and Travelodge!!

Well done to you and to Travelodge for doing the right thing. As it should of course.

I will mark this thread resolved

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE