BankFodder BankFodder

Guildv01

PPI refund- problem with company

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I hoping someone can shine some light and nudge me in the right direction.

In 2009/2010 I used a reputable company to claim back ppi. In feb 2015 I get a letter to say I am due then £700. I make the call, I get a very irate woman telling me that they came across when doing admin. I expressed my concern at 5 years later. I asked for copies of invoices so I could call the bank to get statements. I heard nothing till November 2015 where I had to ask again for invoices. Unfortunately the bank sent me wrong statements and the credit card company the claim was against isn't being very helpful as I closed the account in 2011. I really don't have money like that sitting in the bank. I always made sure I paid said company as soon as I got the refund. Any ideas on what I should do?

Hi Guild

Welcome to CAG. Please confirm Which companies are concerned and we can advise.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thread moved to correct forum. this is purely administrative and you should continue to post as if nothing has happened.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi. It's I smart that I went through but they put it straight to wilsonrose. They were who contacted me.

Hi

got your PM

In my opinion, this claims company you contacted has done nothing for you so you will have to start again.

If you feel that you have been missold PPI just file a complaint with the relevant company and if they refuse you, send a SAR to get all the account details where you can check what was what.

I don't believe for one minute that a claims company is sitting on any cash just that they have done very little for you that you can easily do on your own

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

My issues with the company who claimed back money for me. It's been 5 years after that there asking me for money. Sorry I must have come across wrong

Ah Gotcha

You say that you paid them once you got your refund? Do you have proof of that?

I would be demanding that they investigate further before chasing you.

It would help if you named them so that we can do our checks.

I'm waiting on more bank statements. For other claims there's visual but need other statements. My frustration is the time scale. Surely 5 years is to long to bill someone?

As far as I am aware, they had up to 6 years to claim but I will check this out.

For contracts, the limitation period is 6 years.

The only thing you can do now is get all the correct statements and hope it shows where a payment was made.