Lowell/Lowell's claimform - old shop direct cat debt - prob sb'd

lips37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are 110% sure, your defence from Andyorch

Defence

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (date).

2 The Claimant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation actlink3.gif 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

Regards

Andy

Hi Lips

If you would read the following link then copy and post your responses here...so we can best advise on how to proceed with the claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Name of the Claimant ? Lowells

Date of issue – 11/01/2016

[/color][/b]

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1) The defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 Regulated agreement with shop direct under acc ref XXXXXX (*the agreement)

2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/11/2009 and notice given to the Defendant

4) Despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £2,015.62 remains due and outstanding

And the Claimant claims

A) The sum of £2,015.62

B) Interest Pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annuim from the date of the assignment to the date of issue,

accruing to a daily rate of £0.44, but limited to one year, being £161.25

c) costs

[/color][/b]

What is the value of the claim? £2361.00

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Littlewoods catalogue

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Before

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lowells solicitors

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not that i know of

Why did you cease payments? 2008

What was the date of your last payment? Not sure

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementlink3.gif plan? cant remember

Responding to your PM

Okay that's fine so far but you have not answered:-

The date on the summons ?

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

This is the particulars of claim...normally typed into a box on the left hand side of the claim form half way down..tells you what the claim is about and the reason they are claiming.

If you could type this out verbatim.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy i filled it in above

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim formlink3.gif – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 11/01/2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

1) The defendant entered into a consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974 Regulated agreement with shop direct under acc ref XXXXXX (*the agreement)

2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/11/2009 and notice given to the Defendant

4) Despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £2,015.62 remains due and outstanding

And the Claimant claims

A) The sum of £2,015.62

B) Interest Pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annuim from the date of the assignment to the date of issue,

accruing to a daily rate of £0.44, but limited to one year, being £161.25

c) costs

Forgive me yes I had not noticed you had edited the above.

You have 33 days in total if defending in full 19 days from the date on the claim form (that date being day 1) and a further 14 days to submit your defence.

have you acknowledged service yet and stated you wish to defend all?

Forgive me yes I had not noticed you had edited the above.

You have 33 days in total if defending in full 19 days from the date on the claim form (that date being day 1) and a further 14 days to submit your defence.

have you acknowledged service yet and stated you wish to defend all?

No not yet do i need to do this

No not yet do i need to do this

Must be done by this Friday

You can do everything on line using MCOL for free (all the instructions are in the claim pack)...as for whether you are defending all that's your choice and a decision you must make.

You dont send you input it through your computer :lol: