BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• You would be better off trusting the No 10 cat alone with a mouse.
    • If the PM does that, the world may never trust us again.
    • This is probably not the place to put this but I'm sure the Mods will move it to a relevant section.   I live in a council house.  I'm flanked by two privately owned ex-council houses.  One of them has the dreaded Leylandii trees which have grown completely out of control.  The tallest is 80ft high and the rest, 5 of them approx 60ft high.  I've been asking him for years to have them cut to a reasonable size or remove them.  That's fallen on deaf ears.   The issue is this.  The trees have become dangerous.  They have exposed roots at the back and the trees are rotten.  Three large boughs have fallen off the 80ft tree and have landed in my garden, just missing my greenhouse after the last storm we had.  The day they came down, it wasn't even windy.  If the 80ft tree comes down, it will hit our house.  One of the trees fell down 18 months ago but fortunately landed in their own garden and didn't do any damage.  It did take half the branches of the 80ft tree with it so if that tree comes down, it will hit our property.   I have reported it to the Council but they seem to think I'm complaining about the trees cutting out light and blocking my view - despite my telling them emphatically that the trees are dangerous.  They sent me Healthy Neighbourhood information that states I have to pay £375 to make a complaint!   Surely there must be something in Law that relates to dangerous trees and can force the owner to have them cut down or the Council do it then bill the owner.   Any advice on this would be appreciated.   Lady Python  
    • I have finaly managed to find a statement of account I have saved as pdf should I upload this it has no personal details though they could trace it via the payments etc.
    • Rumour mill has it (genuine rumour not me) that Geoffrey Cox was not dumped and replaced by Suella Braverman because of his saying that the illegal proroguing of parliament was 'arguably'  legal,  or for hurling abuse at Parliament, or for anything else he did; but apparently because despite all he WAS prepared to do, he was not on board for 'working around' (reneging)  actual international agreements with the EU whereas Suella Braverman is more than happy to rubber stamp owt.   Johnson has apparently briefed his staff to come up with ways to 'work around' the Irish border agreement... Wait until he upsets the VERY powerful American-Irish US lobby group on top of everything else and see where it gets him.     The UK as a nearer target for Russian nukes in a 'limited' nuclear engagement might not seem quite so attractive to Trump when the Irish-American lobbiests go to town on him.   https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/24/limited-nuclear-war-game-us-russia?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX1VTTW9ybmluZ0JyaWVmaW5nLTIwMDIyNQ%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=USMorningBriefing&CMP=usbriefing_email https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/uk-trident-nuclear-warheads-replacement-us-1888149    
  • Our picks

flexeh

Settlement figure doesnt make sense!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1495 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I was involved in an accident last week, where my car has been classed as a CAT D write off, im buying it back and fixing it. However the thing that is most confusing is my finance settlement figure. My finance started July 2013 for 47 months at 115.07 and 1 at 265.07. I borrowed 3200 at %35.53 (i know but bad credit) and 29 payments done out the 48.

Insurance paying out 2830 for the car buy back at scrap £400, Finance advised to my insurance company that 1995.99 as a settlement figure. Ive negotiated with my finance company to take 1500 to leave me that extra 495 to get the car sorted, and they have agreed to continue my monthly payments until the 495 is paid off. However to me the settlement figure is off, seems a bit high for whats left. i would of put my settlement figure around 1500-1600.

I mentioned it just to my finance co and they told me trading standards can provide me the info if i wish to look into it.!

Maybe im confused on my numbers so can someone clarify.

Thanks

Hi All,

I was involved in an accident last week, where my car has been classed as a CAT D write off, im buying it back and fixing it. However the thing that is most confusing is my finance settlement figure. My finance started July 2013 for 47 months at 115.07 and 1 at 265.07. I borrowed 3200 at %35.53 (i know but bad credit) and 29 payments done out the 48.

Insurance paying out 2830 for the car buy back at scrap £400, Finance advised to my insurance company that 1995.99 as a settlement figure. Ive negotiated with my finance company to take 1500 to leave me that extra 495 to get the car sorted, and they have agreed to continue my monthly payments until the 495 is paid off. However to me the settlement figure is off, seems a bit high for whats left. i would of put my settlement figure around 1500-1600.

I mentioned it just to my finance co and they told me trading standards can provide me the info if i wish to look into it.!

Maybe im confused on my numbers so can someone clarify.

Thanks

http://www.financecalcs.co.uk/Calcs/Settlement.php

Gives a settlement figure of £1897.14 (& confirms the APR)

Where I'm confused is if the insurers are paying out £2830, and the buyback is £400, that leaves £2430.

That should settle the £1995.99, so you should owe the finance company nothing, and be left with £434.01 from the insurers (assuming no excess, or excess already included in their figures).