BankFodder BankFodder

bja100

Natwest SAR and defaulted debts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of sorting out all my old debts, and I've just sent Natwest bank a SAR (well 2 actually) relating to two accounts that appear on my credit files shown in default state from 3-4 years back.

I just had a call from a person within their data protection team asking me to clarufi what I was aslking for in my SAR. I told them everything they help about me at Natwest relating to those two accounts!

He then said I need to go into a branch to ID myself, because the address on my correspondence they didn't have on any of their systems! Never had this before with a SAR!

Are they meant to be calling me? Anyone else had this problem as above? Advice?

Cheers

Yes they do this and its perfectly fine to do so under ICO Rules. :)

Plus it speeds up the process...

i would go into branch with ID etc

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Oh right ok... didn't have to with MBNA!