BankFodder BankFodder

dust-in-the-wind

Esa and leaving work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

First post. Hope I have done everything right. My situation:

1. Working for a company but end up ill due to stress
  2. Have autism and drepression
  3. Got signed off sick and applied for esa

About to send off second 4 week sick note but the thought of returning to work is causing stress as it is a customer facing role which I struggle with.

Would I be allowed to resign from work or will I be sanctioned?

You won't get sanctioned

So long as your doctor will issue sick notes it would be better for you to just stay off sick until the company sack you on capability grounds. If you resign and you subsequently fail the Work Capability Assessment and have to claim JSA, it may be an issue if you have resigned.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

About to send off second 4 week sick note but the thought of returning to work is causing stress as it is a customer facing role which I struggle with.

Have you tried asking your employer for a different role within the company that doesn't involve dealing directly with customers ?

If it is a large company, they should have policies in place to help employees with mental and physical health issues.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.