Mortimer Clarke / Cabot Financial

JohnAMiller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To add to my woes I find that I have had 38 calls from various Capital One numbers in the last week - I have asked them to WRITE to me and to remove my numbers - they wont - advice please?

Stop asking and demand that they stop, look at the telephone harassment templates and edit to suit your need. Quote any regulations including the banking code at them.

At the end of the day the only real way to stop them contacting you is to a) Change the number b) Get a truecall (I can recommend this but its costly) or c)subscribe to your phone providers call blocker.

Sending the letters SHOULD reduce the number of calls but I dont think they'll stop altogether I'm afraid.

S.

• 6 years later...

Hi folks,

I have received a CCJ Threatogram from the above regarding a Capital One "Secured" Credit Card (It was secured by a £250 deposit I believe).

This was back in 2008 - I made a couple of payments and then fell into some money troubles so couldnt keep it up

The debt is marked as defaulted on my credit report since 2010, in fact theres about a month to go until its fully statute barred. They have said that the debt is statute barred six years after the default date.

I have said to MC that this debt is statute barred. I have also asked them for a copy of my CCA, which is going to be interesting as I legally changed my name a couple of years after that.

Any advice?

J

It is 6 years from the date you failed to pay a due statement bill. The credit card companies would have added a default about 2 months of not receiving payment. They can't leave it too long before defaulting, as they have to meet the accountancy standards required by regulators.

You have sent the CCA request with the £1 statutory fee (?), so until they respond, nothing should happen.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the default will always take a couple of months to reach your CRA files so the SB date will be no more than 2 months after your last payment when monthly payments or statements are the norm. So, if your last payment any time in 2009 it is already SB regardless of the default date.

They are supplying the CCA Request without any fee as I did it via email and followed up with a phone call - they have "put the account on hold" but state that its five weeks from reaching Statute Barring

Unless you make a CCA request with the £1 statutory fee, it may not be seen as a statutory request under the Consumer Credit Act.

If you were relying on your emailed request alone, it might not suffice.

If they have acknowledged your CCA request as a statutory request, then not such an issue.

Up to you whether you now send the CCA request letter with the £1 fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread