Sainsburys have no record of Credit Card we've been paying them on..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SAR is a request for data, not for statements. Do NOT ask BC for statements as they could charge a small fortune.

Wait for the SAR reply and keep us posted. Hopefully, that will tell you more when you've been through it with a fine-toothed comb.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Got to love online banking.

I've had time to sit and go through stuff.

So far I've gone back to sept 2006, monthly payments made consistently, occasional late one but collected at a later date.

Between July 07 and Aug 07 the payments went from saying visa to saying m/card?????

Could that have anything to do with it?

The payment reference changed also

mastercard?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did YH maybe do a balance transfer to get a better rate on the Mastercard a/c.

This should result in lower or no interest for 6 to 15 months so the monthly payments would maybe go down after such a transfer ??

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...
Did YH maybe do a balance transfer to get a better rate on the Mastercard a/c.

This should result in lower or no interest for 6 to 15 months so the monthly payments would maybe go down after such a transfer ??

Thanks, no change by us to a mc I'm presuming the bank swapped from visa to master as a business????

I've had a reply from hbos saying they can't verify the requested info and require "further information such as DOB"

Apart from DOB what else is there to send??? They already have name, address and account number.

Thanks, no change by us to a mc I'm presuming the bank swapped from visa to master as a business????

I've had a reply from hbos saying they can't verify the requested info and require "further information such as DOB"

Apart from DOB what else is there to send??? They already have name, address and account number.

Sorry, what cant they identify ? You , the account ? I would suggest asking them to clarify what they require, I would also be asking if this is an attempt at stalling ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am beginning to think this is a delay tactic.

"Unfortunately, I've been unable to verify the requested information using the details you've supplied. Therefore, I'd be grateful if you could provide me with further information such as date of birth."

They've returned the original SAR letter, asking me to post it back???

I thought I'd have a chuckle and give them a ring on the number they've supplied in the letter, their direct line number, the number doesn't work?????

if you changed address since taking the card out

did you include a list of old addresses

and a copy of your latest CTAX bill with the sar

as the thread about it advises?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi SI,

It'll do no harm to mention that they now have just xx days to comply with your SAR, failing which they'll be reported to the ICO.

they are entitled to gain sufficient information to ensure that they have the right person to match the data with.

To this end they may demand some proof of identity and it does stop the clock until you provide this.

You do have a good argument that they are also obliged to know their customer

so failing to identify you by the account details and name dob address

will not go down well when you make a complaint to the ICO after this is sorted.

But until that time comply with their request otherwise you wont get anywhere

• 4 weeks later...

So day 30 and still nothing to show for it.

While I'm sat twiddling my thumbs

is there anything I can do about the ppi claim??

If they don't send me anything how can I work out the amount that has been paid?

I spoke to a woman from Halifax who deals with the historical information (apparently all the way back to the 90's)

due to the DPA she couldn't tell me anything

but, managed to tell me she had a record of oh having ppi

and where to find the claim form.

No one has been able to tell me info about the ppi,

as in how much it was, was it a % etc.

I just want to be ready with the next steps while I'm waiting.

According to my calcs, the 40 days are up on Weds, 2nd of March so a couple more days to wait.

don't use their customer questionnaire

use the FOS one.

but you need the sar returm first mind!

dx

and they

Slick, I have been nice to them and stopped the clock when they requested more info. Took a while for my council to pull its finger out and send me 3 ctax bills with different spellings.

DX I was going to use the fos one, she was just trying to tell me things without being able to tell me anything (if that makes sense)

So I'm best just waiting and hoping they send something my way.

If they fail to reply by the end of this week, you could make a complaint to the bank and/or to the ICO.

In post #22, you said the SAR was sent off 21st Jan so I was working on 40 days from then.

In any event, a few extra days won't hurt but it's up to you if you want to complain promptly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well shocked, received a decent sized envelope from them today.

2 cca's (loan and cc) statement of account for loan and every single monthly statement for the cc.

Haven't had time to sit and pick it to bits yet but looking at a few there's still a balance on the cc.

Take your time and go through all the data carefully before summarizing for us.

Slowly trying to pull it to bits.

Can someone explain how interest (the amount added each month) is worked out.

There is clearly a time when the introductory offer finished and the interest went up.

There's then a period of time in 2009/10 where the amount of monthly interest added went up every month,

from £15 ish to a peak of £23.

Am I right in saying that as long as no new transactions are added to the balance

the interest amount should reduce each month, give or take a little bit for length of month??

One month because of the interest added the balance actually ended up being more than the opening balance?

I'm confused by the whole thing.

Hi SI,

The interest each month could increase if you failed to make adequate monthly repayments that covered at least the last month's interest, as well as something to reduce the capital balance.