BankFodder BankFodder

nunkychunky

Cabot/Restons claimform - cap1 card 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1495 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks

Just before Christmas I had a MCOL claim from Cabot via Restons Solicitors (for an old credit card - claim value approximately £1600 formerly with Cap 1).

I filed an acknowledgement of service and sent the appropriate s78 CCA and CPR 31.14 notices.

I had a smiliar claim against me from another creditor about 2 years ago and was able to submit the defence in good time.

The s78 and CPR letters were sent by me unsigned.

Yesterday Restons returned my letter saying that whilst it purportedly came from me,

without a signature they are not able to do anything further.:???:

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

NC

Theyre doing their normal stalling tricks, hoping you give in and they get a default judgement. Restons couldnt give a cr@p about regulations or correct procedure. They just want money.

Sit tight and someone will give you info on what to do next

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

FWIW you don't need them to reply to file a defence - nearer the time

simply file the holding/no paperwork def regardless

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..