BankFodder BankFodder

scfisher

Bus Lane PCN Bury A56/Manchester Road/Redvales Road

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just received a PCN for "Being In Bus lane During Hours Of Operation" on 8th Jan 2016.

I don't dispute that I was in Bus Lane but what I do have an issue with is I did not know when the hours of operation were.

I turned left from Redvales Road in Bury onto the main road towards Bury and was immediately in Bus Lane.

I was going to post a link to to Google Streetview but have not posted 10 times so cannot :-(

There is bus lane to the right in same direction about half a mile to a mile away which has hours of operation of 7am to 10am and 4pm and 7pm and I thought it was in same times.

Turns out I was wrong and hours of operation are 7am to 7pm (but the sign is on main road to right of junction!!)

Now on main road there was a car turning right so I stayed in bus lane and then as soon as I went past the other car I moved into the non bus lane as I was turning next right.

Do i have any grounds to appeal or should I have known immediately that because I had never seen any signs stating hours of operation that I should have not gone into bus lane at all?

I cannot attach a copy of PCN as i have not posted 10 times.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Fisher

PCN_2.jpg

PCN_1.jpg

Turns out i can post a copy of PCN but not a link to google streetview.

But I have just been on streetview again and noticed a sign at bus stop about 20 metres after i turned left which states the hours of operation so I must have missed it.

I would appeal on the grounds the PCN does not comply with the law as it confuses matters by putting payment dates. Its 28 days from the date the PCN is served which they would not know even if the presume its 2 working days the PCN should still state the law not some date printed by the Council.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/2757/pdfs/uksi_20052757_en.pdf

Looking at the link you attached it mentions on page 6 that the penalty charge notice must state "that if the penalty charge is paid before the end of the period of 14 days beginning with

the date of service of the notice, the penalty charge will be reduced by one half; "

On my notice it states "If payment of the penalty charge is received by the council within 14 days of the service of this notice a reduced amount of £30 is payable"

is the slight wording difference enough to also appeal on the grounds the PCN does not comply with law?

Can i also query the time on the notice showing as 12:02 and the time on the photos showing as 13:02 (GMT). Surely they should be the same?

if the times wrong then you can forget the rest its a slam dunk win!