BankFodder BankFodder

nunnyrose

Lloyds credit card charges - new claims

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Following the recent successful outcome of a couple of PPI claims (that went on for ages!) I now realise that I have done nothing about the charges, so now I'm ready to get these claims started.

2 cards, lots of charges.

Just want to make sure I get this right 1st time so have done may hours of research -So this is what I'm planning to do:-

Fill out the CIsheet v101 with all the charges with a start date of the 1st charge, setting the interest rate to an average of their rate taken from my statements '

Put my claim to date as today

Put the total amount of charges plus compound interest into the statintsheet v101 with a start date of today.

Send my preliminary letter to Lloyds enclosing the CIsheet schedule of charges requesting a refund within 14 days after which time I will send a Letter before action to include the CIsheet and the statintsheet.

I'm not expecting Lloyds to payout straight away, and realise I will probably have to start a county court claim, but I need to know I'm doing this claim correctly so any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

are the cards still active

its a complaint you cant demand any action timelimit.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

are the cards still active

both accounts defaulted in 2009. Debt Management Plan until January 2011 and then I stopped paying.

SCM got a CCJ on 1 card in August 2011 which I haven't made any payments to and they haven't enforced. I received a part PPI refund in 2012, and just received the final refund payout last week.

Cabot tried their luck with a County Court claim last year for the 2nd card, but they discontinued as they couldn't produce paperwork. I received the PPI refund around the same time as I was dealing with the CC claim.

its a complaint you cant demand any action timelimit.

sorry DX, not sure what this bit means?

ok run the CIsheet as you are then.

its a complaint they have 56 days under fos /fca guidelines

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

gotcha - so I put my complaints in as above and then then wait 8 weeks. If they haven't rectified the problem I then have the choice to either go the court route or FOS :)

Thanks again DX