should i try and get refunds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

And well done. Was just looking in to this as out of nowhere paydayuk have informed me of a credit that they're sending me of £658 -- Now that's nice and all but, i had one from them almost every month from 2009 to 2015. But what they credited me for is on 2015-2014.

Two questions:

Can i go back way further?

And is their a template letter - As i have no idea what to write.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

latest update

payday express........adjudicator is currently looking at this but payday express have not sent her any of the information that she has asked for...twice.

dunno how this will pan out.

I have seen a case somewhere that the Ombudsman ordered a payout as PayDay express failed to supply info required and used the customers evidence instead.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

if they dont even supply info....... can they refuse to pay out?

I suppose they could but it wouldn't look good if you took it to court. They could then get hit with a costs order as they should have paid out.

Generally they do pay out when told

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 weeks later...

well Payday Express never sent the adjudicator the info she requested on numerous occaisions , so she looked at the info i sent and decided that 15 out of the 18 loans were unaffordable........ now waiting for their response yet again, theyre ment to reply by the 29th June.

well Payday Express never sent the adjudicator the info she requested on numerous occaisions , so she looked at the info i sent and decided that 15 out of the 18 loans were unaffordable........ now waiting for their response yet again, theyre ment to reply by the 29th June.

Now what was it I said somewhere? Oh yes

I have seen a case somewhere that the Ombudsmanlink3.gif ordered a payout as PayDay express failed to supply info required and used the customers evidence instead.

I hope the FOS penalise them as well and give you a good payout.

• 3 weeks later...

That is standard practice with the Ombudsman. Where a trader refuses to deal with the FOS, the adjudicator will refer it to the top who will likely agree with the adjudicator and make a remark about the traders lack of response.

They could try it I suppose but I doubt they will.

In the cases I have seen on the FOS website, I haven't seen any where the trader failed to pay out plus if they failed to do so the FCA would be interested as it could impact their licence to trade.

If they still refused then you could instigate court action safe in the knowledge that an Ombudsman decision would be seen by the judge as PDE being awkward and could impose extra costs on them so it is also unlikely they will pay out.

Do you have any figures yet? 15 out of 18 loans could amount to a sizeable sum

Hi Burke :)

Good going, Ive read through everything on your loan reclaim.

I would suggest that at this rate anything you gain will be a nice bonus and remember, you cant win them all.

General rule of thumb is that the Ombudsman is there as the intermediary when things and their decisions are not legally binding, although they are highly respected when it comes to complaint resolutions.

As SF says, if a decision is not accepted it can affect a companies remit to trade if the FCA is included.

I would let it run its course. If you dont get a good offer then maybe just accept it :) , You've done phenomenally well :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Burke

Any update on this one?

Hello, yes, PAYDAY Express repaid all the interest back on Friday, plus the usual 8%.... It's taken alot of time with being handled by the Ombudsmans, who seem to give 4 weeks to respond every time.... But a happy result.

I have no idea what to do with Swift Sterling- as they just won't acknowledge me.

Well, you're getting there. well done so far.

Can you say what has happened so far with Swift?

• 4 months later...

well i was finally making progress.... the MFSA was investigating my complaint after i posted a huge amount of paper work to them.

then today i get an email saying that its no longer their job to investigate these complaints and the investigation has been closed.

got to complain again to another authority now.