surrey_36

GE now Kensington Int Only Mortgage - trouble paying..lots of fees

do both

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Another reply from Kensington saying they have completed review of my complaint. Says their initial decision remains unchanged but they have amended the total fees which are to be refunded, "The additional fees and interest at 8% which you kindly detailed within your letter will not be considered"

I requested approx £1500 refund inc interest and they have offered £480 which they have already refunded to my account to reduce the arrears, also they have made a payment of £50 for distress and inconvenience into my bank account.

I'm not really happy with the response but i suppose its better than nothing as I suppose i am in arrears with them.

Anyway I just thought Id update this thread with the outcome, advice appreciated not sure if i should pursue this further

pers i'd goto the FOS, you might not win but it will cost kennys a tidy sum in their investigation fee they get charged.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Been following this as I had similar with Nemo and Rooftop etc, went to the FOS which was a complete waste of time as they basically told me that any charges like this are appropriate and acceptable.

Been following this as I had similar with Nemo and Rooftop etc, went to the FOS which was a complete waste of time as they basically told me that any charges like this are appropriate and acceptable.

was that an adjudicator or did you escalate to the ombudsman? As the charges arent appropriate or enforceable or even levied fairly. Thats why so many people are successful at reclaiming all of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The adjudicator dismissed my complaint initially about excessive charges

I

took advice from this excellent site and asked it to be sent to the Ombudsman who asked a few more questions and then agreed with the adjudicator.

I got the distinct impression that

a - they are swamped with complaints and

b-they don't really know what they are doing because of this.

Its only advice based on my issues but I wouldn't bother waiting the 18 months or so for the decision.

I'm in mortgage arrears with Kensington, aprrox £6.5K.

I have had arrangements with them and ive broken the arrangements several times due to unforseen circumstances.

Things have been getting better financially and I managed to set up a new arrangement with them last August and have been paying ontime and keeping it up with it.

Im struggling again (just had to payout for a new laptop which was lost/stolen whilst travelling at xmas and business is dead!)

Over last few months have had a steady flow of business but things have slowed right down.

I spoke to Kensington on Friday and asked if they could help (again) but they said that if im not earning enough to cover the mortgage and pay off towards the arrears then they would have to take further steps. Im assuming this is becuase of the arrears already owed.

I found myself then panicking and lying that I did earn enough to do that, and now really panicking that I cant!

On a recent statement this is current situation approx:

Payment arrears : £6.5K

Fees and security related charges: £3.5K

Total £10K

This is an interest only mortgage taken out in November 2014.

The payment is small at £450.00 p/m including arrangement, but with business so dead its going to leave me with literally nothing, and i mean nothing If i pay this.

If anyone has any advice would be really helpful thanks

for the full history of this mortgage I have merged 5 threads for you

that will help people advise you.

i'll pop in later too

dx

thanks dx :)

has anyone got any suggestions what i should do. Just wondering if perhaps a visit to Citizens Advice Bureau. The thing is that business could really pickup next week (and is looking quite possible!), ups and downs of self employment make these arrangement situations tricky!

I will but I've been busy

poss later this morning

that was a long read.

send Kenny an sar for a start.

and STAY OFF THE PHONE TOTALLY.

I would now suspect that the old GE SPO can no longer be enforced by Kenny so forget that one.

the fees and charges of £3.5k worry me..those can be reclaimed and should NOT be inc in any enforcement they might start.

lets see if we can keep things like you engaging with this thread on a regular basis going this time....

as I said ive re read the threads merged and we seem to make inroads in your issues

then each time you suddenly disappear and comeback with a greater issue rather than continuing to engage with cag and sort the issues each time,..

for how long have you kept to whatever arrangement was inforce with GE then latterly kennys?

Thanks dx - sorry about the long read! Apologies for not updating threads properly..

I'll get an SAR to Kensington in the post today,  they are calling a lot on the phone, no doubt chasing payment was supposed to send on Monday - that I cant pay.

With regards to the SAR - would it be acceptable to also include a note a long the lines of I'm not paying anything until the SAR comes through as I'm concerned about the fees, or would you recommend i try to pay them something, albeit quite small.

Also wondering if I should send something that states I only want to communicate it writing

Its very difficult to say how long i have kept to any arrangement for without going through bank statements, which I will do this eve

New site looks great by the way... :)

Edited by surrey_36

I wouldn't be doing either

just pay what you can when you can.

OK Thank you dx - SAR in post today and will send a payment over this evening, will not speak to them on the phone

Looking back over statements since Jan 2017, max I manged to stick to an arrangement was 5 months before breaking it again

Letter from Kensington today saying they are sending a field agent and that i need to cancel if otherwise I wil be charged.

Also..  When sending an SAR, unsure if i need to sign it, as they are not the original creditor!

says in certain circumstances, normally because mortgage has not been paid, we may send a field agent, if you do not cancel the visit 5 days prior to receiving written confirmation or if you refuse, we charge an agent refusal fee (£48) . etc etc

I guess I can probably expect a letter advising of an agent visit due to the broken arrangement.  Will update this post accordingly.

theres is nothing and there has never been ever ..any advice ever on an SAR NOT to sign it if you are NOT sending it to a DCA

not sure where you are getting that from.

they can send and waste their time with any field agent they like

you'll still get charged.

that Kenny's for you

Thanks dx, have sent SAR and hopefully they will respond soon.   Have not been able to pay anything and getting tons of calls.   I sent an email saying i would pay as soon as possible and also said that I would prefer to communicate only in writing but they are continuing to call.

I am very worried that next thing will be a letter about repossession.  Ill have to deal with that if it comes.  Hopefully funds will come in soon so that I can get some sort of payment over to them!

Youre worrying over nothing. This is all easily sorted if done the right way.

• Like 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can you tell me correct way to deal with this, thanks Renegadeimp, I have requested SAR just waiting on this at the moment

as far as I can see there is no SPO in force? so they cant rush to evict you at the drop of a hat.

but you must resume payment ASAP.

No SPO in force at all..   I will resume payment ASAP and await reponse to SAR, thank you

SAR Arrived in he post this morning, very big bundle of papers..  What should i be looking for in this lot, might take a while! 😂

any all fixed sum penalty fees like 

arrears

letter

phone

debt visit

bet there are £1000's of them all can be reclaimed.

also look for unwanted insurances like buildings [if you already had a policy running]

contents insurance etc etc.

dx

Please fill in your quit date here