• Tweets

• ,OK  Firstly forget about court , at least for now and possibly for ever, dont pay any fees direct to anyone. NO one has ever won a case over something like this, however, many have suffered £1000 in costs for following inaccurate advice.   I suppose this will be arrears of payment for rent or damages to next door. Was it the same Bailiff company enforcing this as performed the possession? Anyway.   Forgive me if you have already replied to the following. Was a Notice of enforcement received, where was it addressed. Where in the timeline was it sent, before the CCJ or after, if so how long after.   The reason for this Is, if the order of enforcement had not been received by the bailiff or until alter the warrant was issued to your friend, you could have bought the car, with no repercussions.   £500, probably get £50 to 100 at auction, after costs, just not enough in it for them I think they will be convinced you know where he is, hence the pressure. I dont think they will be interested in the car or anything else from you,    I did notice someone saying that VAT are not payable on HCEO fees. They are of course. These Bailiffs are self employed and therefore liable for tax. The mentions I have seen refer to the officers Firm of HCEO who are not self employed themselves of course, they are employed by the firm..   The creditor firm may be asked to pay VAT on the fees he has to pay the HCEO business(to start enforcement for instance), and it is those fees that he may be able to reclaim though his own business account, in the normal way. You cannot reclaim tax someone else has paid, unfortunately.   If you suspect fees are out of order, first step is always complain to the bailiff and the creditor. Court is never necessary in these circumstances, no legitimate adviser would ever bring the subject of  high court hearing up. Ludicrous nonesense.
    • Why would you think you could not do so ?   Visits to US are subject to US entry rules.   If you have a debt owing in an Islamic country such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, they have some court registration system, which may mean that it is noted when you attempted to visit a Middle Eastern country . You may then be stopped at the border and possibly detained while the debt issue is dealt with.
    • We're way past Feb 2019 - did you mean 2020 ?   In any event, never mind a refund - if you're not welcome at the gym, cancel the DD mandate immediately.   Don't bother with what Harlands tell you and don't speak to them at all, for any reason ! They tell porkies and have nothing at all to do with you being unwelcome at the gym.   Let us know how it goes with the No Win , No Fee solicitor.   😎
    • It was not retweeted by Trump, in fact his press secretary Stephanie Grisham said he ''strongly condems'' what he's heard of it even though she claims he hasn't yet seen it .     It has been widely criticised for being in extremely bad taste. If even Trump thinks it's over top what does it say about the decision to post it here?    
    • as post 7^^^ fee is due to be paid by 25th oct. your WS is due 2 weeks before the court hearing in nov IF lowells pay the fee!!   are your next move
  • Our picks

surrey_36

GE now Kensington Int Only Mortgage - trouble paying..lots of fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 193 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

do both

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Another reply from Kensington saying they have completed review of my complaint. Says their initial decision remains unchanged but they have amended the total fees which are to be refunded, "The additional fees and interest at 8% which you kindly detailed within your letter will not be considered"

I requested approx £1500 refund inc interest and they have offered £480 which they have already refunded to my account to reduce the arrears, also they have made a payment of £50 for distress and inconvenience into my bank account.

I'm not really happy with the response but i suppose its better than nothing as I suppose i am in arrears with them.

Anyway I just thought Id update this thread with the outcome, advice appreciated not sure if i should pursue this further

pers i'd goto the FOS, you might not win but it will cost kennys a tidy sum in their investigation fee they get charged.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Been following this as I had similar with Nemo and Rooftop etc, went to the FOS which was a complete waste of time as they basically told me that any charges like this are appropriate and acceptable.

Been following this as I had similar with Nemo and Rooftop etc, went to the FOS which was a complete waste of time as they basically told me that any charges like this are appropriate and acceptable.

was that an adjudicator or did you escalate to the ombudsman? As the charges arent appropriate or enforceable or even levied fairly. Thats why so many people are successful at reclaiming all of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The adjudicator dismissed my complaint initially about excessive charges

I

took advice from this excellent site and asked it to be sent to the Ombudsman who asked a few more questions and then agreed with the adjudicator.

I got the distinct impression that

a - they are swamped with complaints and

b-they don't really know what they are doing because of this.

Its only advice based on my issues but I wouldn't bother waiting the 18 months or so for the decision.

I'm in mortgage arrears with Kensington, aprrox £6.5K.

I have had arrangements with them and ive broken the arrangements several times due to unforseen circumstances.

Things have been getting better financially and I managed to set up a new arrangement with them last August and have been paying ontime and keeping it up with it.

Im struggling again (just had to payout for a new laptop which was lost/stolen whilst travelling at xmas and business is dead!)

Over last few months have had a steady flow of business but things have slowed right down.

I spoke to Kensington on Friday and asked if they could help (again) but they said that if im not earning enough to cover the mortgage and pay off towards the arrears then they would have to take further steps. Im assuming this is becuase of the arrears already owed.

I found myself then panicking and lying that I did earn enough to do that, and now really panicking that I cant!

On a recent statement this is current situation approx:

Payment arrears : £6.5K

Fees and security related charges: £3.5K

Total £10K

This is an interest only mortgage taken out in November 2014.

The payment is small at £450.00 p/m including arrangement, but with business so dead its going to leave me with literally nothing, and i mean nothing If i pay this.

If anyone has any advice would be really helpful thanks

for the full history of this mortgage I have merged 5 threads for you

that will help people advise you.

i'll pop in later too

dx

spreadsheets 

has anyone got any suggestions what i should do. Just wondering if perhaps a visit to Citizens Advice Bureau. The thing is that business could really pickup next week (and is looking quite possible!), ups and downs of self employment make these arrangement situations tricky!

I will but I've been busy

poss later this morning

spreadsheets 

that was a long read.

send Kenny an sar for a start.

and STAY OFF THE PHONE TOTALLY.

I would now suspect that the old GE SPO can no longer be enforced by Kenny so forget that one.

the fees and charges of £3.5k worry me..those can be reclaimed and should NOT be inc in any enforcement they might start.

lets see if we can keep things like you engaging with this thread on a regular basis going this time....

as I said ive re read the threads merged and we seem to make inroads in your issues

then each time you suddenly disappear and comeback with a greater issue rather than continuing to engage with cag and sort the issues each time,..

for how long have you kept to whatever arrangement was inforce with GE then latterly kennys?

spreadsheets 

Thanks dx - sorry about the long read! Apologies for not updating threads properly..

I'll get an SAR to Kensington in the post today,  they are calling a lot on the phone, no doubt chasing payment was supposed to send on Monday - that I cant pay.

With regards to the SAR - would it be acceptable to also include a note a long the lines of I'm not paying anything until the SAR comes through as I'm concerned about the fees, or would you recommend i try to pay them something, albeit quite small.

Also wondering if I should send something that states I only want to communicate it writing

Its very difficult to say how long i have kept to any arrangement for without going through bank statements, which I will do this eve

New site looks great by the way... :)

Edited by surrey_36

I wouldn't be doing either

just pay what you can when you can.

spreadsheets 

OK Thank you dx - SAR in post today and will send a payment over this evening, will not speak to them on the phone

Looking back over statements since Jan 2017, max I manged to stick to an arrangement was 5 months before breaking it again

Letter from Kensington today saying they are sending a field agent and that i need to cancel if otherwise I wil be charged.

Also..  When sending an SAR, unsure if i need to sign it, as they are not the original creditor!

says in certain circumstances, normally because mortgage has not been paid, we may send a field agent, if you do not cancel the visit 5 days prior to receiving written confirmation or if you refuse, we charge an agent refusal fee (£48) . etc etc

I guess I can probably expect a letter advising of an agent visit due to the broken arrangement.  Will update this post accordingly.

theres is nothing and there has never been ever ..any advice ever on an SAR NOT to sign it if you are NOT sending it to a DCA

not sure where you are getting that from.

they can send and waste their time with any field agent they like

you'll still get charged.

that Kenny's for you

spreadsheets 

Thanks dx, have sent SAR and hopefully they will respond soon.   Have not been able to pay anything and getting tons of calls.   I sent an email saying i would pay as soon as possible and also said that I would prefer to communicate only in writing but they are continuing to call.

I am very worried that next thing will be a letter about repossession.  Ill have to deal with that if it comes.  Hopefully funds will come in soon so that I can get some sort of payment over to them!

Youre worrying over nothing. This is all easily sorted if done the right way.

• Like 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can you tell me correct way to deal with this, thanks Renegadeimp, I have requested SAR just waiting on this at the moment

as far as I can see there is no SPO in force? so they cant rush to evict you at the drop of a hat.

but you must resume payment ASAP.

spreadsheets 

No SPO in force at all..   I will resume payment ASAP and await reponse to SAR, thank you

SAR Arrived in he post this morning, very big bundle of papers..  What should i be looking for in this lot, might take a while! 😂

any all fixed sum penalty fees like 

arrears

letter

phone

debt visit

bet there are £1000's of them all can be reclaimed.

also look for unwanted insurances like buildings [if you already had a policy running]

contents insurance etc etc.

dx

spreadsheets