• Tweets

• Hi Packers,   DX makes a good point and it would be well-worth your while checking to see if you initially joined for a 12 month minimum period, as opposed to a rolling monthly agreement.   If it was the former, we'll probably recommend you reclaim any DD's paid by the bank beyond the initial 12 payments.   Check as best you can and let us know.  
    • Where can I go by bus or any other public transport? Or is it obligatory to use only special transfer? 
    • Do I send the solicitor a CPR 31.14 form  Or just a letter saying the limited company does not exist so no one to sue
    • are we getting there now .thks DEFENCE  The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. the claimant replied to a request made under a pre action protocol   letter of claim  and a Consumer Credit Agreement request , pursuant to s.77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 )request made   on 19/11/2018 the reply contained  incomplete reconstitutions and with  with documents missing from the list in my request a cpr 31.14 request was made to the claiments solicitor on  02/06/2019 which the claiments solicitor has refused stating cpr  31 does not aplly even though no track has yet been allocated  1- The Claimant claims £657.10  is owed under a regulated loan agreement with  money in advance r. I did not recall the precise details  and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a Section 77 and CPR 31.14 request who are yet to fully comply. 2-the  Claimants statement regarding the assignation of the debt is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served on the defendant from either the Claimant or  money in advance  3 The claimant has produced  a reconstituted version of  the original agreement , it is considered that this is not a true copy of the executed agreement as it is the claiment has yet to  produced a copy of any legal assignment of this debt 4 It is therefore  not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to: a) Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for  b) Show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87.1 CCA 1974. c) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.  d as  per Civil Procedureicon 16.5 it is expected that the Claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.
    • There's a difference in buying a car privately or at auction, and buying one from a retail seller, regardless of the price. buying from a dealer you have certain statutory rights as a consumer, and you pay a premium for the supposed benefit of buying from reputable source.    An engine management light could be a minor problem, the issue here though is that the seller delivered the car with the light on, then dumped it and made a quick exit, that gives a fair idea of his attitude to customer service. If the engine management light came on while the car was in the process of being delivered, any reasonable seller would have told the buyer the light had come on and taken the car straight back to sort it, not done a runner and hoped the customer wouldn't notice.
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
surrey_36

GE now Kensington Int Only Mortgage - trouble paying..lots of fees

Hi Surrey_36

Im in the same situation as your with these people - i managed to stave off repossession by paying off arrears - got very little help/understanding from them....

i requested an All Charges Statement from them - this duly arrived yesterday and it lists every single charge they have made on my account - it lists direct debit recall charges, Admin fee, default notice charge, solicitor interim legal fees, debt counselling fees....

i have around 4K of admin fees, £800 Solicitors fees and £300 of counselling fees -

I am definitely going to request the admin fees, but could i go for any of the others?

Good luck with your request - let us know!

OOT

Hi OOT, would be intesrested to know how you get on!

Are you going to go for the solicitor fees etc?

Hi Surrey_36

After doing a bit of digging around i am definately going for the admin charges + interest - i don't see how they could dispute this as they are solely responsible for the fees. -

The solicitors fees are a different issue - i would need to prove that the solicitors did not charge GE this much, which to be honest is probably impossible to do.

The debt counselling fees i am going to claim back - The second visit was a different person to the first and when i told him what had been talked about in the first visit he said that i had been given wrong information!- when i had the third visit, it was the same guy as the second time and he contradicted everything that he had told me on the previous visit!!!!!

There are also some other fees for representing cheques etc - again i will claim these as i am sure that GE will not have been charged by their bank for this - i got charged by mine though!!!!

Letter will be going off shortly!!

regards

OOT

Hi OOT, how did you get on with the letter, did you use a letter from the template library on here?

Hi Surrey_36

Yes, the letter is written, used a template from here - was about to go and post it ( recorded) then something quite incredible happened!!!!

Here is a bit of an infill to my story so you can see whats happened.

Got seriously into arrears with my mortgage over several years - GE got a repossession order in January.

We managed to get money together to clear the arrears but there were also 9K worth of charges - which proved too much for us to get - when i told GE this they said it was absolutly vital i paid 9K otherwise the eviction order would go through - i told them they had had all our money and i just could not afford this - eventually they said that they would accept 3K and the rest would go onto the term of the mortgage.

Done deal.

......or so i thought.

As i was going out to post my 'claim back charges' letter - postman delivered a letter from GE.

This letter basically said that after reviewing my account my monthly paymant was going up to take into account 9K worth of charges which were going to be added onto the term of my mortgage.

..but hang on... surely this was 6K as i had just been 'forced' to pay 3K in January.

I got on the phone to GE straight away - unfortunately i got the office dunderhead ( office is probably full of them!) - This stupid girl could not understand what i was trying to tell her - she kept saying that it was charges and interest since January - it was only when she just happened to say - ' but it doesnt matter because your account is 3K in CREDIT!

I got her to explain that again - yup sure enough - my account was 3K in credit.

i asked to to explain why it was like this - she just could not answer me - she did'nt have a clue!

I asked to be put onto her manager - eventually this very abrupt woman came to the phone and to say she was rude was an understatement!!!!

When i related the story of why i had to pay 3K she just replied that she couldn't understand why i was so bothered - it wasn't as if it was costing me anything because my account was now 3K in credit.

I stopped her there and then an informed her that i wished to make a complaint and could she get her complaints department to ring me asap.

strangely enough - i received a call within the hour - Told the lady that i wanted to complain about being forced to pay 3K as it was the only way to stop eviction ( on top of the 20K arrears i had just paid) which would go towards the charges and interest - only to then find that it had been credited to my account - which was already upto date and not allocated to paying the charges.

Luckily i had a list of phonecalls, times, dates, individuals who i had agreed all this with. She said she would listen to these recorded calls and get back to me.

duly enough she rang me back the following day and said - ' i am really sorry we made a big mistake - the 3K you paid was not allocated correctly by the collections team and as a result i am willing to pay this money back to you - with interest.'

RESULT!!!!!!

she also said that she had listened to the last couple of days phone calls i had had with them - and that she wasgoing to recommend that certain members of the team had further training!

so the end result is that i am waiting for the 3K to hit my bank account before i send the letter claiming back unreasonable charges.

will keep you informed

OOT

Hi onlyontuesdays

- how did you get on with the reclaiming?

I wrote to GE about 6 weeks ago and asked for a statement of charges but had no reply apart from text messages saying they need to talk me and to contact them urgently,

I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone but not sure what to do next

I wrote to GE months ago by recorded delivery and asked them to post me a statement of charges

( as what was included with the SAR was really difiicult to work out what was what)

wrote and asked for a clear breakdown of charges and what each charge was for/when/why etc but not had a reply from them at all. J

ust wondering what i should do next?>

Thanks!

Did you send them a letter stating that the sar wasnt fully complied with? Remember, if they refuse to fulfill the sar correctly then you can consider legal action for disclosure

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No i didnt because they did include a statement

its just it was quite difficult to understand their payment references and what the charges were for if you see what i mean.

I just thought it would be easier to request a clear breakdown of what was what

Should I send a letter saying they didnt include a statement,

even though they did,

it just was very difficult to work out what was what

It's the same old situation. Companies are allowed to charge a default charge when you are in debt. What's a reasonable sum?

I have received the 'All charges statement' from GE at last! Im not sure what charges im supposed to include in the spreadhseet, If anyone who knows wouldnt mind letting me know this is what the statement includes;

Direct Debit recall charges £20.00

Administration fee charges £40.00

Default notice charges £35.00

Solicitor interim legal fees £23.00

Solicitor interim legal fees 272.75

solicitor interim legal fees £141.00

solicitor interim legal fees £120.75

Returned cheque fee £25.00

Valuation fee £45.00

thanks for any help :)

I have received the 'All charges statement' from GE at last! Im not sure what charges im supposed to include in the spreadhseet, If anyone who knows wouldnt mind letting me know this is what the statement includes;

Direct Debit recall charges £20.00 Yes

Administration fee charges £40.00 Yes

Default notice charges £35.00 No....should only be one of these I think?

Solicitor interim legal fees £23.00 No

Solicitor interim legal fees 272.75 No

solicitor interim legal fees £141.00 No

solicitor interim legal fees £120.75 No

Returned cheque fee £25.00 Yes

Valuation fee £45.00 No

thanks for any help :)

See answers in red above :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

things have gone somewhat pear shaped today and I am unable to continue working self employed until possibly January 2014.

I have had to call income support today to claim for benefits for myself as a single parent & my 2 children.

I am one month in arrears with my mortgage with GE money (mortgage is £400 per month) and Im just wondering what my rights are and what i should offer them in terms of an arrangement.

Whenever I speak to them when i have had a problem in the past I always end up paying over what i can afford,

but I want to go into the conversation knowing my rights.

If anyone can advise i would be grateful as right now I have about £200 to last me for the month and thats got to cover my pay as you go energy as well as food.

Gulp.

:|:|

Hello there, have you applied for support for mortgage as well as your income support?

They have an obligation to be as fair and reasonable as they can - but ultimately you'll need to be able to meet the mortgage instalment + a little towards any arrears to prevent potential repossession.

Here's a fab guide regarding mortgage arrears:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/guide.php?page=guide-mortgage-arrears

I am in arrears with my mortgage but been speaking to GE regularly with updates.

Recently gone onto income support as I recently became single parent and have 2 babies.

I (foolishly) spoke to them today and the woman said that unless the arrears were paid off within 15 days then the account would go legal.

Panicking slightly as in 2009 I had a suspended possesion order on the house.

Also received in the post today saying

"you now have a period of 15 business days to rectify this matter as the account will then be passed to our legal dept for further action.

In this event a fee of £375.00 plus VAT will be applied to your account and further fees/charges and interest may be incurred depending on the type of action that has been taken.

they also posted seperately a Default notice with mentions of legal action.

I have been making some payments to them,

last week paid £100.00,

the month before that £100.00.

I applied for SMI support payments and they are starting this month so Ge will be receiving the full monthly mortgage payments from the government,

I dont understand why they have taken this attitude with me

- when they know they will be receiving guarunteed payments this month, they are getting shirty over £950.00 arreas which i am paying off bit by bit.

Can anyone suggest how i should approach them about this?

Thank you CAG

Edited by dx100uk

Ge have contacted me to ask if they can visit to go through some details,if anyone could advise i should i agree to this id be grateful

I dont know if anyone can help me with some advice here,

getting in a real pickle with GE MONEY over around £900 of arrears.

Ive had all sorted of letters from them including an agent visit last week,

the chap was here for about 2 hours going through income/expenditure taking copies of my loan agreements/passport/utility bills

I think that although he said he wanted to use the loo that infact he was just looking round.

I setup an arrangement with him the pay £100 a month until arrears were cleared and he said he would file his report back to GE money so that they stopped contacting me,

Today I have had non stop calls from them again,

i finally got cross and answered the call and again they asked for payment and mention legal action etc.

I was advised by the national debt line recently to send in a formal complaint which i did,

as I have been trying to setup an arrangement with them and they are inundating me with calls.

They are going to receive SMI payments this month and so the mortgage will be paid its just the arrears they are getting on my case about.

Can anyone please advise me what to do to get them to back off?

Im getting so stressed with all the calls and visits etc!

I have moved you from the general banking forum to the Mortages forum where you may get some responses given that this is a GE Mortgage.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Contact shelter immediately, they will deal with ge for you........... they are fantastic at this...

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

GE have written and said they have started possesion proceedings!

I have made an arrangement with them of £100 a month to pay off the arrears of £1368 but they send this letter,

why would they do this when the arranegment is in place?

Politetly decline their offer of home visits by any representatives..

This is something they think is useful to do to go through your income/ expenses with you.

You do not need to allow them a visit that they will charge you up to £80.00 for and will be useless.

Cab can help with your ins and outs. then you can post that to GE if needs be.

STOP communication via a telephone unless you have the means to record your conversations.

Windows 7 has a voice recorder built in.

Go to start button & type in the search box ( voice recorder )

Use that to keep the conversations if you must call them.

Remind them that whilst you are in receipt of benefits they must do all they can to assist you with your difficulties,

this is their legal obligation.

They must not apply charges to your account whilst you are in receipt of SMI payments, doing so would futher your hardship.

Look for charges applied on your account from past months.

Keep an eye on them.

These are what they will take action on.

Remind them that they have a duty of care towards you and that constant calls from their legal team are only making the situation worse & that if they wish to communicate with you they should do so either by letter direct or through Stepchange or similar.

The best way to deal with idiots who bully people into capitulation is to play their own game.:-(

Read as much from the forum as possible.

There are others on here that have similar situations.

Perhaps it will give you comfort to know you are not alone.

Write them a letter explaining your situation.

Keep it factual.

Contact Step change debt charity.

Brilliant people.

Get them on side as soon as.

I speak from my own experience which is posted elsewhere on this forum and do so without legal background or intervention. Good luck !

Edited by PesteredbyGEmoney

Been a while since ive had a chance to look at this again

(thanks to lots of help from CAG I just had unfair charges repaid by Very.co.uk so as this was successful I now feel confident to go ahead with GE),

but just wondering, the charges have been added to the outstanding balance on the house (added to the mortgage) ,

my monthly payments have been adjusted to include repayments accordingly with the new addition of the charges onto the total.

If I did ask them to repay charges following your guide lines, and say they agreed

- how would they go about refunding me being as the charges have been added to my total balance?

They would refund the charges and associated interest to the account and reduce the balance due.

If they agreed to refund that is.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions