• Tweets

• Coverage.   SMETS 1 use a mobile network   SMETS 2  use a Government network, which where not suppose to know about 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣   https://www.smartme.co.uk/technical.html   As posted early on, if you have a smart meter installed make sure its SMETS 2     .....................
    • So it looks like a long trip to court is going to happen, I'm going to write out my defence, I've taken some legal advice and they said to ensure it is short and simple, with any evidence easily referenced and found for the judge.    So the basis of my defence is going to be:   Trespass and who can take me to court over it as per the comment above lack of visible signage and confusing signage about what part of the car park is owned by who, especially as it was at midnight Time taken to contact me after the offence was too long Grace period not given of 10 minutes Previous court cases of the same firm losing because of similar reasons   As the court location cannot be changed and I need to make a long travel to get there, plus all of the time wasted putting my defence together, if I am lucky enough to win, can I claim costs for the inconvenience? for example like this case: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/aug/26/parking-eye-takes-on-top-barrister-85-fine
    • I intend going back and getting photos DX, simply because I can't believe that I never saw ANY signs and even missed the machine to pay at.  Like I said I've frequented this place many times in the past few years so I think I would have noticed something different, unless I'm going senile  The times on the letter are a bit strange, the entry time was dead on x hr and xx mins but no seconds, whereas the exit was x hr, xx mins and xx seconds. I don't really want to go through the appeals process online, confirming all my details in the hope they will show the photos, just the cynic in me coming out 
    • Hi and thanks for the info.  Update: today received the SAR info - great you might think.    Just a waste of paper: screen prints, NO bills, NO data sheets from the meters, just copy letters of my complaints and their "we need more time" letters.  But wait, there is a disc. For disc you have to install Nero Secure Disk Viewer - use the password sent in separate letter - only to find recordings of misc phone calls by me over last couple of years.  Doesn't give any information to me whatsoever regarding this alleged debt.  Hopeless. Why it took so long to produce a package of worthless information I don't know.    Observations I did make was a sudden change from being Miss to Mrs on the screen prints, (not applicable) and something in the  "contact owner" heading/column, which may be a salesperson as I am not Hannah Leach, and I did not request a Hitachi product financed through BM financial in 2010.  (BG tabs for that page: Edit, Delete, or CLONE.)
    • Hi Cheshire and welcome to CAG   As the work was completed and paid for, it's down to the customer to take action against you if they remain unhappy and that could include court action.   Your only problem sounds like the failure to say in writing in your Estimate that "the colour match and finish would match as close as poss but you were working from photos so you cannot guarantee this aspect".   Learn from this and include any agreements, terms, disclaimer, etc in your written Estimate.   1. What was the approx value of the work done ?   2. What would the remedial work cost you including travel, material and labour ?   Even if you visited and redid work, who's to say the customer would then be happy after the friend got involved.
  • Our picks

surrey_36

GE now Kensington Int Only Mortgage - trouble paying..lots of fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 251 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if someone can help me

- Ive got a interest only mortgage with GE MONEY which has been in arrears but OK now.

Over last few years have had a few payment arrangements with them and as a result they have added lots of £40.00 admin fees.

I think these add to over £2500 throughout my hardship.

I just wanted to check that was all above board, seems a bit harsh in times of hardship that they actually made more money out of me.

Any advice as always is appeciated!:-)

Edited by dx100uk
merge

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

This is interesting thank you Ive read right through it but not sure what the next step should be and if county court would see these as unfair charges, thanks foir your help 42man

In the first instance you should tot up all the 'admin' and various penalties, and write a formal letter asking for a refund....at least if you aren't happy you should give them the chance to rectify.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thanks 42man thats great,

Im not sure that I have got all the letters still with the notifications of admin charges

should i write to them and ask them for a statement of account since i started the mortgage?

Would that be the right thing to do?

thanks for your help!

A good place to start would be a SAR....(unless of course you already have FULL statements from them)

Can anyone advise me how i go about working out how much i should be claiming back from GE money

- ive had lots of £40.00 admin charges for late payments going back to 2004.

Ive got a reply to the SAR request but Im not sure if i should be including interest and if so how much interest as its an interest only mortgage which the amount/rate has varied over the last few years

- cheers for any help out there!

Edited by dx100uk
merge

The process is exactly the same as your Very/NDR charges reclaim

Here is the spreadsheet to use.

CISheet v101.xls

The interest rate should be at least the rate they are charging you on the account

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

thansk ims21 you have been helping me lots this eve!

How does the interest work if back in 2004 it was 7.45% but more recently its 2.45 % - how do i work that with the compund interest calculator?

THANKYOU V V V MUCH

You can take an average of the rate being charged over the period of time.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

OK great thanks Ims21 - im feel slightly nervous about doing this as I had a suspended repossesion order on the house when i had to go to court some years ago, I suppose im worried i might annoy them and they might try and take the house away from me if i start demanding charges back. Is this something i should not be worrying about?

Is there a template letter on here that i can use for them?

CHEERS IMS21

It's your call.

Before you make a decision have a read of the stickies in this forum.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

:-)Thanks again ims21 - how do i get back to the stickies to read up?

I cant seem to get to them

Also how do i go about clicking your star?

cheers

Here you go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?171-Mortgages-and-Secured-Loans

The top threads all have the word "Sticky" in front of them.

Star is at the bottom left of each post (next to the black triangle with the ! in it :-)

• Confused 1

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Got it thanks ims i didnt know about the star thing!

I have donated whenever i have had help but ill have to go back and add stars now! :)

Ive been having a read through the stickies this afternoon and found that I am certain the charges they have made have been unfair and also that perhaps they were a little hasty in taking me to court.

I dont know much about a suspended reposession order but do they only last for a certain amount of time

- would it have expired by now or do they last for as long as the mortgage term? I

think the court case took place around 5 years ago.

There doesnt seem to be any paperwork relating to the court case/repossesion order in the SAR.

Im just worrying that if i start rocking the boat they might decide to proceed with the order or something like that.

So far i have added up about £2500.00 worth of arrears admin charges.

Cheers

The SPO (Suspended Possession Order) remains in place until you have completed the order made by the court. After that you can apply for the SPO to be removed. Much depends on what the SPO was granted for, what the terms were that the court set and whether you have kept to or completed the order made by the court.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

do you think i should try and find out a bit more about this before i go ahead with trying to reclaim any charges?!

Have you not got copies of the documents relating to the court repo hearing i.e. a copy of the court's order?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Yes I have - after much digging have found the attached court order.

Any advice you can give on this would be appreciated!

OK so you have not been repossessed then.

Have you kept up to date with the order of the court and/or are all of the arrears now paid off?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thanks ims21.

No was not repossessed I kept up with repayment plAn on the order.

I have got into arrears since then being sometimes a month behind payments but am currently up to date.

Ive just got a letter from GE Money saying;

"Following a review of your account your monthgly instalment has increased to 393.73 with effect from 30th december 2012.

We have made this change to include repayment of your fee balance of 2436.63.

Should all payments be received, these fees will be paid over the remaining term of your loan.

If your account is up to date you have the option of making additional payments towards the balance of fees and charges or to clear them completely if you wish". etc

Just wondering what i should do if anything, not sure what to do next!:???:

Hi ims21,

I was just wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction with this,

I dont know whether i should be issuing a claim to them or not,

I dont want to rub them up the wrong way.

Im out of arrears and up to date with payments currently,

I received a letter from them recently advising me of the increase in my monthly installment to include repayment of all the admin charges

- but if they have charged me wrongly then i guess it would be good to see some money back !

can anyone help thank you

Hi

Sorry you were missed.

So have you completed your spreadsheet?

Your first step would be to approach GE with a request for a refund of the charges and the associated interest.

Here is a template letter you can adapt for this purpose

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

thats brilliant thanks im21 will do that exactly,

cheers again,

will donate to site today the help is greatly appreciated and a massive help