Old GE money mortgage now Kensington - Arrears & Payment Arrangement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone can help me

- Ive got a interest only mortgage with GE MONEY which has been in arrears but OK now.

Over last few years have had a few payment arrangements with them and as a result they have added lots of £40.00 admin fees.

I think these add to over £2500 throughout my hardship.

I just wanted to check that was all above board, seems a bit harsh in times of hardship that they actually made more money out of me.

Any advice as always is appeciated!:-)

Thanks 42man thats great,

Im not sure that I have got all the letters still with the notifications of admin charges

should i write to them and ask them for a statement of account since i started the mortgage?

Would that be the right thing to do?

thanks for your help!

Can anyone advise me how i go about working out how much i should be claiming back from GE money

- ive had lots of £40.00 admin charges for late payments going back to 2004.

Ive got a reply to the SAR request but Im not sure if i should be including interest and if so how much interest as its an interest only mortgage which the amount/rate has varied over the last few years

- cheers for any help out there!

Edited by dx100uk
merge

• 1 month later...

thansk ims21 you have been helping me lots this eve!

How does the interest work if back in 2004 it was 7.45% but more recently its 2.45 % - how do i work that with the compund interest calculator?

THANKYOU V V V MUCH

OK great thanks Ims21 - im feel slightly nervous about doing this as I had a suspended repossesion order on the house when i had to go to court some years ago, I suppose im worried i might annoy them and they might try and take the house away from me if i start demanding charges back. Is this something i should not be worrying about?

Is there a template letter on here that i can use for them?

CHEERS IMS21

Got it thanks ims i didnt know about the star thing!

I have donated whenever i have had help but ill have to go back and add stars now! :)

Ive been having a read through the stickies this afternoon and found that I am certain the charges they have made have been unfair and also that perhaps they were a little hasty in taking me to court.

I dont know much about a suspended reposession order but do they only last for a certain amount of time

- would it have expired by now or do they last for as long as the mortgage term? I

think the court case took place around 5 years ago.

There doesnt seem to be any paperwork relating to the court case/repossesion order in the SAR.

Im just worrying that if i start rocking the boat they might decide to proceed with the order or something like that.

So far i have added up about £2500.00 worth of arrears admin charges.

Cheers

The SPO (Suspended Possession Order) remains in place until you have completed the order made by the court. After that you can apply for the SPO to be removed. Much depends on what the SPO was granted for, what the terms were that the court set and whether you have kept to or completed the order made by the court.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive just got a letter from GE Money saying;

"Following a review of your account your monthgly instalment has increased to 393.73 with effect from 30th december 2012.

We have made this change to include repayment of your fee balance of 2436.63.

Should all payments be received, these fees will be paid over the remaining term of your loan.

If your account is up to date you have the option of making additional payments towards the balance of fees and charges or to clear them completely if you wish". etc

Just wondering what i should do if anything, not sure what to do next!:???:

• 1 month later...

Hi ims21,

I was just wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction with this,

I dont know whether i should be issuing a claim to them or not,

I dont want to rub them up the wrong way.

Im out of arrears and up to date with payments currently,

I received a letter from them recently advising me of the increase in my monthly installment to include repayment of all the admin charges

- but if they have charged me wrongly then i guess it would be good to see some money back !

can anyone help thank you

• 3 months later...

Hi

Sorry you were missed.

So have you completed your spreadsheet?

Your first step would be to approach GE with a request for a refund of the charges and the associated interest.

Here is a template letter you can adapt for this purpose

• 2 weeks later...