Barclays Additions Account help please

sirhc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received the following response to my complaint regarding Barclays Additions Account

You have held Additions on two separate occasions and Additions Plus. Please provide your recollection of each point of sale.

I can see your account was downgraded in error from Additions to a fee free account with an overdraft. Please confirm why you requested the account be upgraded to Additions again.

Please confirm why you took the Additions plus

Please advise why you retained the upgrades.

I originally took out the Additions account so I could have an overdraft. I knew I would always have an overdraft with Barclays and this was the only account I could have. Each time I would ring them to request more overdraft or they would suggest that I take out a loan to pay off my overdraft. I would always do as they said so I could to keep my overdraft.

If they had told me that additions had been taken off in error during one of these phone calls I would probably agreed for it to be put back on.

The same goes for upgrading to Additions plus

(I am being so honest with you that when I am reading it back I realise how desperate I was then)

They have given me 7 days to reply.

Really I could do with help as to how I reply to their letter

Thank you

Chris

Be creative.. Why not talk on the phone to them. A complaint handler usually gives a telephone number to get hold of them on.

Its easier to word how you feel over the phone.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Sir,

Don't worry about them wanting a reply within 7 days. Take your time to reply properly and fully.

Can you post here what you said to the bank, that prompted their reply in post #1 above.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

In brief I asked for them to look into my Addition charges as when I started with Barclays I was told I could only get an overdraft if I had an Additions account and I wasn't told that there was any other account I could have

Hi Sir,

I would only reply to them by letter. Unless you record the tel con, you have no proof of what's said or agreed by either party.

Draft a letter and post it here for advice before sending.

The letter should be brief and reply to the points they raise, like :-

Whenever I asked for a loan to clear my overdraft, I was advised to take the Additions option that provided an overdraft.

I was told I was more likely to get the overdraft I needed than get a loan approved.

I was not told of any other options that would help me clear my overdraft.

Etc ...........

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick would something like this do

I originally took out the Additions account so I could have an overdraft. The Additions account was the only one offered.

Whenever I requested a further overdraft I was advised to take the Additions option that provided an overdraft.

When my overdraft got to a certain level I was advised to take a consolidation loan but if I kept the Additions account I could keep my overdraft limit.

Additions plus was taken for the same reasons too, I was not told of any other options that would help me retain my overdraft

Chris

Hi Sir,

Can you tell us how the a/c was changed from Additions to a fee-free a/c with an overdraft.

And why did you then agree to change it back to Additions a/c.

I was hoping to sort this with just a reply. I am sure if I had agreed to have additions back on my account, I am sure it would have been at the same time as requesting further overdraft or loan etc

ok. just a thought. :)

I was hoping to sort this with just a reply
hopefully...how much roughly do you think you are out (ie if they put in the position before the claimed missell?)

Dont know

:) fair enough. but, if you're going to pursue, then shld have a rough idea of what your loss could be.

if its not alot, then they might just pay out something eg a nominal sum as a policy of appeasement. if thats what you're after.

If you want to challenge them, you need to do the work, ie send the bank an SAR and get whatever evidence you can.

At this stage, I think your chance of success is poor as the fee-free a/c was changed back to Addintions.

SAR is they only way you'll improve your chance of success.