BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So there's no tax payable anyway.... nothing to see here!  
    • are you actually going to benefit out of this at all?   I was slightly getting confused here earlier, and forgot you said you are the claimant because you are suing the defendant for the cost of a hire car that you personally haven't had to pay for ?    
    • I received PCN's from TFL and Southwark. 08/06/19 I spoke with Southwark regarding PCN's and thought it was sorted.   Didn't hear anything back until 17/01/20 when my car was taken by Marston EA. TFL & Marston say they sent letters but have no proof.   I emailed TFL (19th June) through their online portal and again, via email on (14th Nov 2019) < the email on 14th has been viewed 17 times but no reply. (so I have proof of contact, they don't) I asked them if they send via recoded delivery/signed for but they do not.   When my car was taken, I received a call from a friend saying it's on the back of a truck, outside his house (which is round the block from mine). I ran round there and the EA was aggressive, shouted at me and refused to show ID/why he had taken my car.   I complained to Marston who denied it but sent me some of the footage. I complained again through resolver.co.uk and Marston lied again. Then I sent ALL my info and evidence etc.   took a few weeks and called me saying sorry and taking full responsibly for their EA's aggressive behaviour etc. TFL are still refusing to comment.   Marston offered me £250 as a goodwill payment but obviously the pain and trauma causes - that doesn't cover it. The police were called when they took my car cause I was so distressed and having a panic attack etc.   I've requested the phone call recording where they accepted guilt and that they had handled everything badly, including lying about the video on Resovler. I feel like Marston know they've done wrong, but TFL still aren't in the know. (to my knowledge)   Also, I requested info from TFL via whatdotheyknow.com and TFL did a data protection breach by uploading my full details including address etc. to a public forum (and I didn't even ask anything specific about my case) so I feel like they did this out of spite/anger.   the www.whatdotheyknow.com team reprimanded them for this and advised me to complain. I also paid £800+ to retrieve my vehicle and I have completed the OOT which was denied. I tried to take it to court but when I tried to do the 'low income' thing but they wanted bank statements which I couldn't get... then corona happened.   I've downloaded/uploaded the ZIP file from Resolver convos.   Regarding the footage: my initial message to them, I made myself seem unaware and 'stupid'   they wrote a generic reply telling me that 'the footage is fine and the EA did nothing wrong' they can't uphold my complaint,   then once they sent that; I sent them the CIVEA rulebook and timestamps in the video to show that they were in the wrong and had further lied in their official response (which must be illegal)   when they received the in-depth response, I think they got scared, went away for a couple weeks   tried to get the nice sounding woman to call me up, say sorry and be really nice then offer me a measly £250.   She also tried to rush me into agreeing.   
    • No it was about under by a couple grand.    Cheers
  • Our picks

Mr_the_giant

7 Letters from DRP today. Demanding a total of £1050 for parking charges.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1539 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello good people of the CAG. I have just arrived home from Uni and found 7 letters from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, each letter demanding £150 for unpaid parking charges. These charges span a period between 16/10/15 - 06/11/15.

I called the company to dispute the charges as the ticket machine has been out of order (It is still not working!) and the lady at the car park who checks to see if people have payed and displayed told me to place a note in my windscreen stating that the machine is out of order and I'll not get a fine. DRP told me on the phone that I cannot appeal as I'm am out of the appeal period.

I didn't receive any letters from the company that issued the original charges (LDK Security Group Ltd) so this is the first I know about them.

Was the guy from DRP correct in informing me that I cannot appeal? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Update: I have just visited LDK Security group website in search for proof of parking violation and apparently there should have been a note stuck to my car with a reference number on it. This has not been the case.

Edited by Mr_the_giant
Extra information.

Long time no post :)

wait see what the guys suggest.

IMO

:-):rant:

Hello good people of the CAG. I have just arrived home from Uni and found 7 letters from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, each letter demanding £150 for unpaid parking charges. These charges span a period between 16/10/15 - 06/11/15.

I called the company to dispute the charges as the ticket machine has been out of order (It is still not working!) and the lady at the car park who checks to see if people have payed and displayed told me to place a note in my windscreen stating that the machine is out of order and I'll not get a fine. DRP told me on the phone that I cannot appeal as I'm am out of the appeal period.

I didn't receive any letters from the company that issued the original charges (LDK Sqecurity Group Ltd) so this is the first I know about them.

Was the guy from DRP correct in informing me that I cannot appeal? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Update: I have just visited LDK Security group website in search for proof of parking violation and apparently there should have been a note stuck to my car with a reference number on it. This has not been the case.

STAY OFF THE PHONE.

Never phone a PPC or debt collector.

You need to find out from the DVLA who they sold your details to, how many times and on what dates.

email -ccrt@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

first of all, DR+ have nothing to do with anything at all ever so dont dother with them at all whatever they say or threaten.

You will have noticed thet the £150 they ask for does not correlate with the alleged breach of contract or contractual obligation charge and they have added somewhere between £50-100 for themselves. Ask yourself why this is? Now you can see that they have been dishonest from the start you can hopefully realise the true power they have-none.

So, did your receive 7 tickets attached to your car regarding the alleged parking breaches? Did you then receive 7 Notices To Keeper through the post between 29-56 days after each event? No? then the parking co has not adhered to the protocols of the POFA and cant claim from you. If you received all 7 tickets and separate letters then you need to contact the DVLA and see who has accessed your keeper details, when and why. Again, if they havent asked the DVLA 7 times they are in breach of the protocols and you can never owe them a penny.

Once you start to realise that there is a lot that you can do to battle this then the easier it becomes to actually go about fighting the charges.

Tell us what you have received and when and we can start to see what has gone on.

Thanks for the brilliant responses guys. I have sent off an email to the DVLA requesting that info and will update you when I get a response from them. I have only just realised that the PNC notices where issued on a car I no longer own, am I correct in thinking that wont change anything?

Clarification: I did own that car at the time the PNC notices where allegedly issued.

Edited by Mr_the_giant
Clarification

You were the keeper at the time of the alleged events so they are chasing the right person, just dont appear to be obeying the law when doing so and that means you wont owe a penny.