7 Letters from DRP today. Demanding a total of £1050 for parking charges.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello good people of the CAG. I have just arrived home from Uni and found 7 letters from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, each letter demanding £150 for unpaid parking charges. These charges span a period between 16/10/15 - 06/11/15.

I called the company to dispute the charges as the ticket machine has been out of order (It is still not working!) and the lady at the car park who checks to see if people have payed and displayed told me to place a note in my windscreen stating that the machine is out of order and I'll not get a fine. DRP told me on the phone that I cannot appeal as I'm am out of the appeal period.

I didn't receive any letters from the company that issued the original charges (LDK Security Group Ltd) so this is the first I know about them.

Was the guy from DRP correct in informing me that I cannot appeal? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Update: I have just visited LDK Security group website in search for proof of parking violation and apparently there should have been a note stuck to my car with a reference number on it. This has not been the case.

Edited by Mr_the_giant
Extra information.

Hello good people of the CAG. I have just arrived home from Uni and found 7 letters from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, each letter demanding £150 for unpaid parking charges. These charges span a period between 16/10/15 - 06/11/15.

I called the company to dispute the charges as the ticket machine has been out of order (It is still not working!) and the lady at the car park who checks to see if people have payed and displayed told me to place a note in my windscreen stating that the machine is out of order and I'll not get a fine. DRP told me on the phone that I cannot appeal as I'm am out of the appeal period.

I didn't receive any letters from the company that issued the original charges (LDK Sqecurity Group Ltd) so this is the first I know about them.

Was the guy from DRP correct in informing me that I cannot appeal? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Update: I have just visited LDK Security group website in search for proof of parking violation and apparently there should have been a note stuck to my car with a reference number on it. This has not been the case.

STAY OFF THE PHONE.

Never phone a PPC or debt collector.

You need to find out from the DVLA who they sold your details to, how many times and on what dates.

email [email protected]

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

first of all, DR+ have nothing to do with anything at all ever so dont dother with them at all whatever they say or threaten.

You will have noticed thet the £150 they ask for does not correlate with the alleged breach of contract or contractual obligation charge and they have added somewhere between £50-100 for themselves. Ask yourself why this is? Now you can see that they have been dishonest from the start you can hopefully realise the true power they have-none.

So, did your receive 7 tickets attached to your car regarding the alleged parking breaches? Did you then receive 7 Notices To Keeper through the post between 29-56 days after each event? No? then the parking co has not adhered to the protocols of the POFA and cant claim from you. If you received all 7 tickets and separate letters then you need to contact the DVLA and see who has accessed your keeper details, when and why. Again, if they havent asked the DVLA 7 times they are in breach of the protocols and you can never owe them a penny.

Once you start to realise that there is a lot that you can do to battle this then the easier it becomes to actually go about fighting the charges.

Tell us what you have received and when and we can start to see what has gone on.

Thanks for the brilliant responses guys. I have sent off an email to the DVLA requesting that info and will update you when I get a response from them. I have only just realised that the PNC notices where issued on a car I no longer own, am I correct in thinking that wont change anything?

Clarification: I did own that car at the time the PNC notices where allegedly issued.

Edited by Mr_the_giant
Clarification