PCN received 5 weeks after incident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

So on Thursday 14th January I received a Reminder Notice from Horizon dated 8th January for parking at a Sainsbury car park during a no parking period on 5th December 2015. They also mentioned that a notice was issued on 10th December 2015 but this is the first communication I have received from them. Because I did not respond to the notice (which I did not even receive in the first place), they are saying I as the registered keeper am liable to pay the full £70 charge.

I went back to this car park yesterday to check the signs. On the entrance it says that the car park is operated by horizon and to read the terms on the boards in the car park. Then inside the car park there are big purple boards saying 4 HOURS FREE PARKING in bold white writing . However they also have yellow boards closer to the inside of the car park mentioning in small print that you cannot park when the store is closed. I was only in the car park for around 10 minutes eating my KFC meal so did not go right inside to look at all the signs. My understanding was that if they did not want me to park there, the car park would have been closed just like the one next to KFC, they do have a barrier but it was up and I saw a few cars inside.

Even if my not seeing the small print in the dark argument is not valid, would I still be able to appeal this charge as I did not receive anything within 14 days of the incident taking place? They have mentioned that it was issued 5 days after the incident but I did not get anything and for all we know, they could even be lying about this. I have attached a copy of the parking notice.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sam

pcn.jpg

You are mixing up 2 things the parking co can do and that is issue a screen ticket and then a NTK 29-56 days after the event or issue a bemand through the post within 14 days fo the event becuse they have used ANPR or the like. If they use the second method they must provide proof of the breach by way of photographic evidence.

They are too late for the latter and clealry didnt slap a ticket on your car at the time so if you want to respond just tell them that their notice is not compliant with the PoFA for keeper liability and that ant further contact will be treated as harassment and may result in a civil claim for the same.

Dont say anything else about the event, just that they are out of order procedurally.

It will probably die a death as they know that they arent going to get anywhere but if they do write again come back here and we will advise what to do next

Hi Everyone,

So on Thursday 14th January I received a Reminder Notice from Horizon dated 8th January for parking at a Sainsbury car park during a no parking period on 5th December 2015. They also mentioned that a notice was issued on 10th December 2015 but this is the first communication I have received from them. Because I did not respond to the notice (which I did not even receive in the first place), they are saying I as the registered keeper am liable to pay the full £70 charge.

Where does it say that the RK is liable for the charge?

I went back to this car park yesterday to check the signs. On the entrance it says that the car park is operated by horizon and to read the terms on the boards in the car park. Then inside the car park there are big purple boards saying 4 HOURS FREE PARKING in bold white writing . However they also have yellow boards closer to the inside of the car park mentioning in small print that you cannot park when the store is closed. I was only in the car park for around 10 minutes eating my KFC meal so did not go right inside to look at all the signs. My understanding was that if they did not want me to park there, the car park would have been closed just like the one next to KFC, they do have a barrier but it was up and I saw a few cars inside.

Even if my not seeing the small print in the dark argument is not valid, would I still be able to appeal this charge as I did not receive anything within 14 days of the incident taking place? They have mentioned that it was issued 5 days after the incident but I did not get anything and for all we know, they could even be lying about this. I have attached a copy of the parking notice.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sam

What does the back of the notice say? Post the reverse up please.

Find out from the DVLA when they sold your details,to whom, and if they are using the POFA.

[email protected]

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL