Argos wrong selling price on website

mrsbru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry if this is in wrong section, today Argos were selling on the site a dining table and chairs for £19.99. (was £215.59 £19.99) plus £8.95 deliver charge, seeing this bargain i have purchased it using my paypal account to pay. A friend also was trying to purchase this online but couldnt get through to her basket so called argos customer service line who told her "its a pricing mistake and will be taken off the site ASAP). checking my paypal account it tells me the payment is pending ......

This is a temporary authorisation to make sure your funding source will cover the payment. Your funding source will be charged when Argos Limited completes your order.

my question is this, can argos refuse to honor the sale and simply not complete the order, its their mistake and the item has been on the page for well over 4 hours now.

many thanks in advance

They could but I think they should honour it in this case. Would it be worth an email to Head Office I think?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Argos have the right to refuse selling the item to you,however email their CEO in this case and see if they will honour your purchase,it may depend on just how many other potential customers tried to purchase the item at the £19.99 price

I would be checking to ensure that they weren't trying to take more than the £19.99 from my account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The contract is not formed until the item is actually sent. They can legally cancel it at any point up to the moment it leaves them.

IF that's what their T's and C's say.

Otherwise the contract can be deemed to be formed when they take payment (completing payment, rather than a pre-auth or 'payment hold').

There needs to be offer, acceptance of offer, consideration by both parties, and intent to create 'legal relations' (a contractual relationship).

If they say "contract only formed when goods dispatched" as one of the conditions : they are saying that they don't intend to create the contract until that point, and either side can withdraw up until that point.

Additionally, it isn't unreasonable for them to note that 219.95 -> 19.99 is most likely an error rather than a deliberate offer (or, phrasing it better : deliberate 'invitation to treat')

• 3 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Argos wrong selling price on website