Personal Information Details on CRAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have registered only with one CRA- Noddle.

For those of you who are familiar with CR files will be able to answer my question, I hope...

So I have a list of linked addresses etc...on Noddle which I guess is automatically updated once I update my address with banks, DCAs etc...

There is also a different link for PERSONAL DETAILS which shows my date of birth, my full name and the last 2 linked addresses. There is also an option to change my current address myself which I did on Noddle. This last current address at the moment is not linked to any of my bank accounts and DCAs accounts showing on Noddle because I guess they have not updated my information yet- I guess it takes some time , they probably update these every 2-3 months or so...

As I am not registered with any other CRAs I wonder, do the rest of the CRAs have on file my Personal details and will they pick my new personal address from Noddle and update it in their systems or will they only use what they have as information provided from the banks, DCAs etc...??

Does it mean that my REAL address at the moment can only be seen on Noddle until the banks don't update their information with my new address?

Would you suggest to register with the rest of the CRAs to be able to update my address on time, so to avoid a sneaky CCJ from unknown 'lenders'?

Interesting question - I don't know if all the CRAs share information - I wonder, as they are businesses and charge for selling your information on, whether they might keep it to themselves ?

Noddle is aligned with another agency isn't it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB, I am not sure either if Noddle is aligned to another agency?

I guess Noddle is connected in some way with StepChange, because they (SthepChange) registered me on Noddle over the phone back in 2013 but they are not CRA anyway...

The guy over the phone as far as I understood was telling me that he can change particular information on there...?! I don't believe too much these charity organisations...;-) but this is a different story...

StepChange said they could change information on your credit files ? Are they classed as a creditor ? I don't think so..

I will try and find someone who can confirm this for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenB.

The StepChange conversation happened back in 2013... I thought it was a bit strange and I may be wrong but this was the impression I was left with that they are involved with Noddle. The guy from StepChange was able to see my file on Noddle and went through my debts and he promoted them as FREE credit agency so I agreed to a regstration...

Anyway will be much appreciated if somebody can suggest if CRAs share personal details automatically...as at the moment it seems that the banks and the DCAs has not updated my details YET on Noddle and unknown 'creditors' may issue a sneaky CCJ to my old address...

You can check on trustonline to see if there are any CCJs at your current or previous addresses.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

It will cost you £4.00 I think.

BCOBS

Stepchange cant physically change information...they may report/update it to their approved CRA. I suppose it depends on your involvement with Stepchange and why you are connected to them?

" Would you suggest to register with the rest of the CRAs to be able to update my address on time, so to avoid a sneaky CCJ from unknown 'lenders'? "

Absolutely :-)

Here you go, a response from andyorch :)

BCOBS

Thanks Andyorch and CitizenB.

I will read the links and may use the £2 service...

I have checked for CCJs at my previous address recently- all clear. Nothing at Noddle as well. I may check again soon just in case... Can the lenders go to High Court regarding debts without gong to County Court?? as I did not check High Courts for additional £4...

The 'connection' with StepChange was- I called them and explained my financial situation and they encouraged me and sent me a template to write to creditors to say that I am going to pay them £1 a month each...

My impression of SteChange being able to 'change' information on Noddle was exactly what Andyroach has explained :They for sure 'are able to report/update to their approved CRAs'.

Thank you again-very helpful.

stepchange cant alter your cra info.

as stated, Noddle is Callcredit. a CRA.

you shouldnt have any high court judgments! dont pay for that.

just check your cra files, they'll show any judgments. try the free trial 30 day one with experian (ensure to cancel in time after else will get stung)

experian is one of the main ones. so when you check with them, they'll have your up to date details. and they should pass that on to any listed creditors.

also, ensure that your known creditors have your current address.

just ensure that you cancel the free trial in time (unless you want to pay 15£/month :))

I have to be very careful as I have couple of statue barred and not in touch with lenders...

in that case, be aware. as soon as you contact a cra, they will nudge the listed creditors.