30 day notice and PAC codes (number move)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have seen the following issue on a couple of occasions, particularly EE but I think it may be common.

When you leave a company, you commonly need to give 30 days notice provided you are not in a longer agreement.

If you want to take your number with you, you commonly request a PAC code, which is only valid for 30 days, effectively is the start of your notice, and you leave when the PAC code is actioned by your new provider.

On two occasions now with EE, relatives have decided to leave, informed them and got the PAC code to transfer their number.

They have always ensured that the PAC code is actioned after they have paid another months service amount - to ensure the 30 days is covered.

On both occasions, EE have refunded an amount left relating to the unused days of the 30 day advance payment taken by DD - even though this was not requested or expected

- BUT then charged them a larger fee for giving less than 30 days notice.

In addition to everything else, if not spotted, and you have cancelled the DD with them, then you could end up with them chasing you for unpaid debts.

My other half is about to leave EE/Orange and we will watch it very carefully

They have already credited her with £10 (after complaint) for failures in service related to this.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days