Benefits and Job help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry didn't know where to post this, but i am just after some advice if someone can help me please!

My Husband started a new job recently, as a manager (not going to state to much details) and was told he had to make between 1500-1800 a day profit....well since he started 10 days ago he hasn't managed to do this....

He has heard rumours that the place has had several managers who have all been sacked due to the same reason.

his boss is constantly on his back the whole time he is there, by either ringing him or phoning him. he doesn't seem to go more than an hour before he contacts him again moaning...

He's finding it all very stressful, and isn't sleeping or eating much.

he told my husband if things didn't change by Friday, he was getting the sack something he has since denied saying.

Last night we found his job advertised on a well know job site, so we know he's going eventually and that can't come soon enough.

But my question is, if he were to leave before he gets pushed how would he stand benefit wise?

he's got a Doctors appointment on Monday so would it be best to get signed off with stress and go down that route?

As a new starter gets sent for a weeks training before they start their new role, and interviews probably haven't started yet for his replacement it will be afew weeks before he gets the push. not sure he can hold out that long...

Advice please????

If you leave employment to claim benefits you can face some dire sanctions at various levels. In cases this could be 90 plus days. Let them sack him to be safe. Get the reasons in writing and use this should you need to complain.

Have a look at some of the sanction threads

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you leave employment to claim benefits you can face some dire sanctions at various levels. In cases this could be 90 plus days. Let them sack him to be safe. Get the reasons in writing and use this should you need to complain.

Have a look at some of the sanction threads

But what if the Doctor signed him off with stress?

If he is signed off sick and the company dismisses him during this period, he should be able to claim JSA without penalty. As long as the reason for dismissal isn't for gross misconduct, I don't see any problem.

Getting away from the stress will give him opportunity to seek out other employment without the pressure of his (current) boss breathing down his neck.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Just in case there is any dispute, your husband could in the meantime also collect any evidence of the stress he is being placed under, e.g. by at least keeping a log of all the calls the boss makes though recording them would be better. There is no need to inform anyone the calls are being recorded since of course it's only for his personal use. Also keep copies of emails etc by printing them out or forwarding them to his personal email address.

Should there be any dispute with the jobcentre, evidence that he was being placed under unreasonable stress might make a difference.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.