An affront to our 'civilisation' and the human race

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The wealthiest 62 people have as much wealth as that of half the worlds population combined:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/richest-62-billionaires-wealthy-half-world-population-combined

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

I was just about to add a thread about this.

I am not anti capitalist, as i believe it is probably still the best system. What i am against is concentration of wealth, tax avoidance/evasion and corruption with politicians/political parties undermining democracies.

Some of these very wealthy people do give their money away, which is great. But that is not the point. Ideally, you want to spread wealth, by taxing wealth and having governments actively involved in economies. Governments could be investing money in building large numbers of houses. They could be offering more start up money to new businesses and investing in existing businesses, so that there is more activity going on, generating wealth for more people.

This is something Jeremy Corbyn could get Labour to address, if they did not have many other policies which many people don't like.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am not anti capitalist, as i believe it is probably still the best system. What i am against is concentration of wealth, tax avoidance/evasion and corruption with politicians/political parties undermining democracies.

+1

The richest outside these 62:

"About 123,800 individuals of these have more than $50m,

and nearly 45,000 have more than $100m.

The UK has the third-highest number of these “ultra-high net worth” individuals."

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Might be why we slightly like criminals who break into banks and safety deposit vaults. It is not purely about how clever the crooks are, but taking the valuables from wealthy people, some who seek to hide millions or paperwork that might be embarrassing. Apparently, some of the owners of the Hatton Garden boxes have not been willing to detail the content of the boxes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

World's richest lose some cash http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/the-world-s-richest-people-lose-305bn-in-one-month-as-stock-markets-plunge-a6817161.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35339475

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the billionaires saw more than $115bn slip out of their hands this week alone, with seven of them losing more than $1bn on Friday.

Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos reportedly topped the Bloomberg index list, losing out on $8.9bn since the start of the month, and a further $1.9bn on Friday.

There's something odd going on with such concentrations of wealth.

The 'slips in their wealth are probably due to the stock market falls. So are temporary losses on paper only unless they are normal people who need to 'realise' their assets - which they rarely would ever be.

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

The loss of billions on the stock market says a lot about how wealth is calculated as nearly all of these super rich are only rich by having shares in companies that dont really show a real profit. If I were one of them I would be doing a bit of cash in hand car valeting just to have some real money in my pocket.

You mistake % of income for amount paid.

Yes some rich people pay more in total than a 'poor' person, and even more damning, some 'rich' people pay more than many major banks and multinationals,

... but its commonly a far smaller percentage of their income than 'poor' people pay.

Poor people pay a larger percentage of their total income than 'rich' people or major corporations.

Supertax in reverse.

Not that long ago I actually paid more income tax in a year than a number of major UK banks and financial institutions paid in corporation Tax... Perfectly true

The Tory Legacy

Then they should pull their fingers out and do some overtime and get rich also.

Thats your opinion.

Mine is that when you are in a situation where Banks report £Billions in revenue, and £Billions in profit, and have had bailouts and £Billions in state support,

yet pay less corporation tax than just about EACH and EVERY individual working person pays in income tax,

then something is really wrong.

The Tory Legacy

It doesn't say something is wrong, it says they are clever so deserve their bonuses.

I would disagree with your stating they deserve the bonus.

If its just because they managed to get it that they deserve the reward, then by that logic so does every thief and criminal.

or perhaps you mean that they deserve it because they dont get prosecuted for their crimes, despite being caught, unlike more 'common criminals?

The Tory Legacy

I would disagree with your stating they deserve the bonus.

If its just because they managed to get it that they deserve the reward, then by that logic so does every thief and criminal.

or perhaps you mean that they deserve it because they dont get prosecuted for their crimes, despite being caught, unlike more 'common criminals?

Exactly

... but its commonly a far smaller percentage of their income than 'poor' people pay.

Poor people pay a larger percentage of their total income than 'rich' people or major corporations.

Dunno how you worked that out, the poor people, as you call them, pay 20%, the rich pay 40 or 45%. Now I could be wrong, but I think 45% is more than 20%.

Dunno how you worked that out, the poor people, as you call them, pay 20%, the rich pay 40 or 45%. Now I could be wrong, but I think 45% is more than 20%.

Yes but 20% of not a lot is a lot more than 40-45% of mega amounts, in relativity. A lot of people not on mega bucks pay 40% https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates/current-rates-and-allowances

and just to be objective and really controversial which wealthy person do you know paying 40-45% tax, most have very good accountants and then there's offshore etc.