Problems with KJK Investments/G Loans SIPP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My tax bill is just over £22k - and there's absolutely no way I can pay it.

I appealed and sent all the documentation I had to HMRC,

a couple of weeks ago they wrote back and said it had been turned down.

Their view is that it was my responsibility to ensure that everything was above board.

Don't know what I'm going to do now.

Yes, I have my own home. I have already sent HMRC an income/expenditure sheet (I'm self-employed) and got a letter back last week to say that it had been sent on to another department for review. I think I'll sit tight until I hear back from them, but it's not looking good.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I too am in a serious situation with regard to HMRC in relation to G-Loans/KJK Investments.

It appears that I have no option but to agree a payment schedule with HMRC, whilst bankruptcy is an option (HMRC want c. £17k),

I'm not convinced that the sum is large enough to warrant the long term ramifications that bankruptcy brings.

I followed a court case which went to High Court (Mark Danvers vs. HMRC), the outcome fell in favour of HMRC.

I'm now in the process of negotiating with HMRC,

unfortunately I don't have a copy of the loan agreement with G-Loans which may be useful in agreeing terms, would anyone be willing to send me a copy of theirs

(perhaps with your personal details blacked out)?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

has anyone had success with taking action against their SIPP provider for negligence in this matter?

My SIPP provider was Corporate and Professional.

I too am attempting (unsuccessfully so far) to agree terms with a totally unreasonable HMRC, which doesn't seem to take into account that we are all victims of G-Loans/KJK Investments and have suffered substantial losses.

Have you made a complaint to action fraud also, I have been in contact with my sipp provider, I sent them a letter regarding due diligence on there part .

Complaint.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am having to write this letter of complaint as I have been waiting for someone from your company to ring me, regarding my SIPP.

I have sent emails and also contacted you by phone ,

I have been told by one of your staff, that Zoe Morris is in charge of my account,

I do not have an account number for this account.

I have requested on several occasions by email and by phone for a contract to be sent out to me,

but I have received nothing. I have been told by members of your staff that someone will contact me, however, I have now been waiting for over a month for Zoe Morris or anyone from your company to contact me.

I would like to know what Due diligence was undertaken before my pension was invested in KJK Investments. There seems to be some fraudulent activity within this company, after been in contact with Aaron & Partners Solicitors they are acting for DSM Edwards Liquidator, that have been appointed by the Secretary of state, in a letter they state that they cannot find any shares registered in my name.

You have sent me some paper work regarding this, I received a share certificate from you this is what I want to discuss with you.

I know I stated that I wanted my shares invested in KJK Investments, it was part of the deal to get the loan from G Loans, but as a SIPP provider you have a duty of care make sure the company is all above boarded and registered, if I knew more about the company I would not have taken the loan and invested my pension in KJK Investments, if you had flagged up that I was risking losing my entire pension I would of thought more about it.

I would like to know where we go from here, do you take out insurance incase anything like this happens?.

I would be grateful if you could contact me regarding this matter.

Yours faithfully,

But it seems they have a way out,

they are still chasing me for the fees I think its about £600 a year

I have told them that I will not pay and that its all a big [problem],

we shall see what happens in the coming months,

I am still waiting to hear from HMRC regarding the verdict of the second tear tribunal that's as been on going for 5 years, to see if the tax does have to be paid or not.

I also made a complaint to the PAS.

The Pensions Advisory Service

11 Belgrave Road

London

SW1V 1RB

Dear sir or madam ,

I would like to make a complaint regarding my SIPP provider.

I opened a sipp with Guardian Pension Consultants, with an investment made into KJK Investments Ltd the sum of £61,430 this was opened in October 2009.

In April 2014 the Department of Business and Skills started an investigation to KJK Investments and there involvement with G Loans,

consequently they have feuded a lot of people out of their pensions.

A compulsory liquidation of both companies as gone ahead in the High Court,its been under taken by DSM Edwards.

Guardian Pension Consultants are chasing me for administration fees regarding my investment in KJK Investments,

I have asked what admin fees they need because kjk has been shutdown,

I have also pointed out that KJK Investments are under investigation for fraud, and until everything is sorted out I am not prepared to pay anything.

There reply to that was ,they will start legal proceedings to recover the monies.

Could you please investigate my complaint and ask Guardian to put an old on this account or just close it, I don't think there is any assets left in the company .

In their recent correspondence they are now saying there is going to be additional charges( please see doc 10) of which I can't afford ,

with no money coming into the sipp I just can't afford to pay the fees I ask for the sipp to be put on hold until we find out what is happening KJK Investments.

I am the victim of fraud ,

I am having to pay for the actions of the fraudsters and they are getting away with it.

A victim of crime should not have to pay.

Thanks for this - very helpful.

Having had no response when I emailed my SIPP provider,

I have now written to them and if they can't give me a satisfactory answer fairly quickly,

I will make a formal complaint.

I think I will also report to the Pensions Advisory Service and try Action Fraud.

Have you heard of someone called Angie Brooks from www.pension-life.com?

I found her email address when I was researching the KJK/G Loans situation online.

She seems to have been campaigning on behalf of some of the victims.

I seem to have reached the end of the line with HMRC

- I would describe their recent letters as threatening ..

.. even menacing.

Yes still waiting for the outcome,if we win you will not have to pay the tax,fingers crossed, I would tell them that you are waiting for the outcome of the tribunal before you start paying.
Ok, thanks. Have you any idea how long that will be? I saw a 2nd tier tribunal ruling on this online - it was dated last November and the appeal was dismissed.

Ok thanks as yet I haven't had any acknowledgment from the tax office.

Ok thanks as yet I haven't had any acknowledgment from the tax office.

It all wrong, big companies making millions get away with not paying, and us pesants have to pay.

Take a read

T+Cs.pdf

Just had a response from my SIPP provider to a letter I sent them last week.

Not a lot of help, unfortunately.

This is what they say:

"Matters are still unfolding with the administrators and we are expecting a further communication from them towards the end of March when a fairly large loan repayment is due to be paid to KJK Investments Ltd."

I also tried getting info from Aaron & Partners, but they just referred me back to my SIPP provider.

Meanwhile,

I've just had another very threatening letter from HMRC.

Is anyone else being hounded to this extent?

because most of the investments were made offshore it will take for ever to unpick the muddle and that assumes the company investing was legit to start off with, many aren't.

HMRC knows all of this

but would most likey be happy making an example of everyone who was unwise enough to fall for the saleman's patter on the basis that you are all tax experts and were out to do them out of their expected monies by knowingly investing in a scheme that will probably lose you your shirt.

The dealy will give then the opportunity to do things quietly because if they went in hard now there would be a massive uproar about the unfairness of it all but delay things and have a go at people one at a time and the volume of the complaint is much attenuated

• 4 months later...

email from whom?

No-one in officialdom will email you so on the face of it be VERY wary indeed.

the commonest rip-off of this nature is for a company to tell you that you are entitled to £xxxxx comensation and that they will handle the matter fro you as they are clever but you will have to apy upfront fees of some low thousands to get the ball rolling.

If you are mug enough to do this they then ask for more money for something else, then more money to clear another hurdle etc.

You name appears on a mugs list produced by the people who ripped you off to start off with and the second co offereing to help you out usually live in the same town or have a sister-in -law of the same name etc

The email came from a known source

- a guy called Paul Elliott from a company called IQ,

who was my original point of contact re the G Loans/KJK pension-backed loan.

He says there is a realistic chance of compensation,

I just don't know who to trust any more.

Anyone else been approached by Paul Elliott re G Loans/KJK?

Wouldnt touch it with a bargepole,

the commonest fraud around this is that the person who used to work for the crooked company takes all of the personal records of the victim with him and then uses it to rook them again as they are desperate to recover some of their losses.

The only realisitc chance that will be borne out is that he will make money out of your misery.

Dont trust anyone who cold calls you, especially people connected to the rip off in the first place.

You should also consider that as the company has been struck off by companies house he might not be in a position to help you.

That alone means that you will have no protection when this all goes wrong

In short, you shouldnt even considering this is stupidity.

• 4 months later...

I have a problem with HMRC. I am in the same position as they other vitims on this thread. Inland revenue are after 54k from me. I have an impending tribunal and need to supply any paperwork to support my case end of play Monday 13th November 2 days from now, if there is any paperwork, advice, or anything you can think of to help me I would be extremely grateful.

best to start a new thread

of your OWN please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...