Xercise4less cancelling issue

Vwmk1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm contacting you about an issue I'm having with xercise4less gym as I've seen you helped people on here ,

i cancelled my dd on 13th November last year thinking this is all I had to do not having a contract,

I have received in total 4 letters 3 telling me my dd has been cancelled and each time an admin fee is added of £25 totalling £69.98

i sent the first letter you told someone to send about not being able to enforce the fees and

I've since received a 4th letter now saying-

Further to our recent letter to our offices ,

You will need to send this information to exercise for less directly as we do not deal with cancellations.

Please note: your account must be up-to-date with all payments with a direct debit in place in order to be eligible to cancel.

Filling in the online form without these requirements met will not work.

Your missed payments consist of your November and December payments and two Administration charges

as per the terms and conditions for the total of £69.98.

We will await to hear from them regarding the cancellation.

Yours sincerely ,

Please could you advise as to what if anything I could send back thanks in advance.

Edited by Vwmk1
Didn't read correctly

Slick will be along soon...

Honestly read the threads and youll see what is going on...

I suspect that maybe emailing;

This may help :) Send a formal complaint. Harlands are just their pet finance partner, nothing more...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi VW and welcome to CAG

1. Can you tell us if this was a No-Contract monthly m/ship agreement from the start

2. How much were you paying a month.

3. Did you tell anyone verbally about leaving or did you simply cancel the DD mandate.

I suggest you make no further contact with the gym or with Harlands/CRS until we have the full picture. You have no need to speak to them and they can't force you to.

Let them pile on all the admin charges they want - this does not make the charges lawful or enforceable.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi VW,

You didn't answer item 2 above about the monthly amount.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi VW,

At £9.99 a month, are you certain there was no 12 month initial m/ship commitment ?

Please confirm :-

1. Date you joined.

2. Date the DD was taken each month.

3. Date the DD was last paid before it was cancelled.

Hi

I'm sure it was a month by month thing as this is the reason I started it.

I joined on 31st may 2013

It was taken out around the 28th of every month

Last payment went out on the 28th October

I cancelled my dd on 13th November

Hi VW,

So you joined 31/5/13, last paid on 28/10/14 and DD was cancelled 13/11/15. Do I have the years right ?

If so, you can write to Harlands saying :-

Dear sirs,

Membership at Xercise4Less in [town/city]

I cancelled the DD mandate for my gym membership on 13th November 2014 and this was clear notice of my wish to cancel the gym agreement.

I should have made a final payment on or around 28th November for the month's notice period.

I am willing to pay this £9.99 when you confirm in writing, within 14 days of this letter, that my payment will be accepted in settlement of all that I owe the gym or Harlands.

If you demand any higher amount or insist I pay any admin fees, my offer will be withdrawn and I'll pay nothing further.

Yours faithfully,

Send this to Harlands address and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO, which you keep as proof of posting.

Let us know how they reply and don't respond to any phone calls, texts or emails without seeking advice here first.

Lol, I think I confused myself !! :lol:

Use the letter but change the "2014" to "2015" in the first paragraph.

They'll ignore your letter with the very generous offer of payment, and claim that you owe them all of their unlawful penalty fees, at that point you can ignore them and lodge formal complaints about the gym to the CMA, TS and BBC Watchdog, and of course on their social media sites.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi slick The letter you told me to send was only sent on Wednesday morning obviously this is not a response to this.

It's from credit resolution services.

This is how it reads:

We have been advised by Harlands, that you have stopped making payments under your membership agreement with xercise4less.

Your balance of £104.97 is now due to be paid in full, by no later than 30th January 16.

The harlands of telephone lines open 9.00 to 1.00pm 2.00 to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. You should call harlands helpline as soon as possible on 01444449162 and pay the balance by credit/debit card.

Harlands would like to resolve this matter before further action is needed.however,under your agreement with harlands,you have promised to pay this debt.if you continue to refuse to honour that commitment,harlands will have no option but to take legal steps to collect the outstanding balance.

If you are unable to settle the balance in full,you should call harlands immediately as they are able to discuss other repayment options.

Yours sincerely

For credit resolution options

Should I just sit tight and wait till they've processed my letter? Thanks

Yes you can ignore CRS, wait for Charlatans to read your letter first.

You have to understand that these letters are computer generated and printed by the thousands, so no-one at that place actually knows what's going on in your particular case, it's just the computer spitting out the missives, no human input at all.

In a few weeks it'll be Spratt Endicott begging you to contact them, same process as before, ignore.

Just keep a diary of events with a view of reporting them for harassment and making a formal complaint about the gym and all of its powerless harassment outfits it uses, BBC Watchdog and social media are good weapons of choice, publicly embarrass the gym.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi slick I've had a letter today from harlands saying

Further to your letter received at our offices,

Please be advised we have yet to receive a response from xercise4less regarding your cancellation.

Please be advised Harlands is the direct debit management company for xercise4less but we cannot cancel membership without their authorisation.

May we suggest you contact xercise4less direct to process your cancellation as a matter of urgency.

Your sincerely

The strange thing about this letter is my name is right at the top of the letter together with my ref: no and just below this there's a different name ?? Please could you advise me what to do next if anything do I need to cancel the membership "properly" .

Should I write a letter saying this:

further to the letter I received today. I am not miss Chadwick however I will assume you've copied and pasted the information and it also applies to me. Although I consider that I have provided enough notice of cancellation, and precedents in court confirm this, I have cancelled my membership directly with the branch and this should now be accepted as finality to the matter and as such I do not expect to receive further correspondence from yourselves.

What do you think?

Send nothing IGNORE it.

Playing them at their game of letter tennis simply encourages them and inflates their delusion of grandeur.

File it away and add it to your complaint against the gym, have you embarrassed the gym and its treatment of customers on social media yet?

Lol, I think I confused myself !! :lol:

Use the letter but change the "2014" to "2015" in the first paragraph.

Please be advised we have yet to receive a response from Xercise4Lessicon regarding your cancellation.

Please be advised Harlands is the direct debiticon management company for xercise4less but we cannot cancel membership without their authorisation.

May we suggest you contact xercise4less direct to process your cancellation as a matter of urgency.

Your sincerely

The strange thing about this letter is my name is right at the top of the letter together with my ref: no and just below this there's a different name ?? Please could you advise me what to do next if anything do I need to cancel the membership "properly" .

Please be advised we have yet to receive a response from Xercise4Lessicon regarding your cancellation.

Please be advised Harlands is the direct debiticon management company for xercise4less but we cannot cancel membership without their authorisation.

Your sincerely

hould I write a letter saying this:

further to the letter I received today. I am not miss Chadwick however I will assume you've copied and pasted the information and it also applies to me. Although I consider that I have provided enough notice of cancellation, and precedents in court confirm this, I have cancelled my membership directly with the branch and this should now be accepted as finality to the matter and as such I do not expect to receive further correspondence from yourselves.

What do you think slick ?

As BBoo says above, there's no need to reply to Harlands at all.

Your last letter set out your position clearly enough.

Do nothing more for now but let us know what happens. Once Harlands start with their further demands, you can complain to X4Less publicly using Facebook and Twitter. That may bring the case to a close more swiftly.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys had another no letter off of see our Crs here is what it says

We've been employed by exercise for less as your membership remains in arrears despite previous letters being sent to you.

As a result of this are fees totalling £66.50 I've been added. Therefore, your account balance now stands at £171.47

I want to reach and I'm a couple resolution with you!

In order that we can do this, please ring on non-premium rate number (01444) 449165.

What are the options?

1. You want to continue your membership the club want nothing more than for you to get the full benefits of your membership. Providing you can pay your arrears and set up a direct debit with us for your future payments then there happy to welcome you back in.

You may also be entitled to a discount if you are able to settle your account balance in one payment.

2. You believe you cancelled your membership we understand that the numerous reasons why people start going. Will listen to your reasons and do everything we can to resolve your account in line with the terms of your membership.

3. Experiencing financial difficulties the new times commits off and therefore have a lighter possible solutions to resist, played in monthly payment plans for recommending independent organisations that may be able to assist you in severe cases.

We'll cease further letters for seven days, so please call 074449165 for then.

What now guys ? If anything

Hi Vwmk1,

Did you use dictation to make your last post - it has a few typo's !! :oops:

In any event, ignore anything from Harlands/CRS.

Your offer expired and that's Harlands hard luck !!