Wrong Reg no.UKCPS ticket - they have managed to trace me!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I got a parking fine .

.however as the registration was wrong..

..i ignored it ..

.. it was AB50 CDE instead of AB55 CDE for example sake.

yesterday i got a letter from the private parking company asking for fine amount + the late fees etc etc...so its like around 100 pounds now...

Maybe they managed to trace me from DVLA record...............

What are my options here!!!

Pay the fine ?!?

Dispute it being the incorrect number !!!

any advise will be much appreciated...

Cheers

Numpty N

hi

sooo as summarised in the title...

I got a parking fine ..however as the registration was wrong....i ignored it .... it was AB50 CDE instead of AB55 CDE for example sake.

anyways! yesterday i got a letter from the private parking company asking for fine amount + the late fees etc etc...so its like around 100 pounds now...

Maybe they managed to trace me from DVLA record...............

What are my options here!!! Pay the fine ?!? dispute it being the incorrect number !!!

any advise will be much appreciated...

Cheers

Numpty N

Details please....

Name of the PPC, Date of NTD, Date NTK received ( 15/01/16? ), What does the car park relate to?

PPCs write an incorrect reg number on the NTDs, in the hope that the driver will respond and give there name and address believing the ticket is 'invalid'. This then saves the PPC having to pay the DVLA to obtain the RK details. They will have a photo of the car with the correct reg number anyway.

Details please....

Name of the PPC, Date of NTD, Date NTK received ( 15/01/16? ), What does the car park relate to?

PPCs write an incorrect reg number on the NTDs, in the hope that the driver will respond and give there name and address believing the ticket is 'invalid'. This then saves the PPC having to pay the DVLA to obtain the RK details. They will have a photo of the car with the correct reg number anyway.

thanks for the reply...

it was 15.12.2015....and letter received after a month on 15.01.2016 ....with a note that it is too late to pay reduced fee : (

It is issued by UKCPS - for "out of bay parking" .... outside centertainment (cinema) in sheffield at 2000 : (

yesss! I guess they have the picture .... they havent sent it though...but they must have as a proof thats how they got the correct reg. number and subsequently the address of keeper : ( isnt it confidential data held by DVLA ? how can they release it to a 3rd party parking company!!!

Also there is no fine. Its a speculative invoice. UKCPS also mess up on EVERY single ticket they give out.

Also, markings on private land are grafitti. They have no basis in law. SIt tight, dont panic, and the good guys will be here to give you advice asap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

so they stuck a ticket on your screen and now they have sent a NTK to you through the post?

They are a bunch of idiots if they think that they can ever win this.

think about the matter slightly differently,

imagine you didnt know the fist screen ticket existed and you got a letter through the post.

What evidnce do they offer to say that they issued a ticket

- a copy of a ticket placed upon another car according to their paper records.

Well, they should write to them and not you.

Obviously they photographed the vehicle and realised their error so they cannot lawfully get the details of the other keeper

but as the ticket was issued to someone else why have they got your details?

You know the reg no is wrong because you have the paper copy (DO NOT LOSE THIS).

This will make any claim ridiculous and as for saying there are late fees- well, how stupid can they get (we know that one already).

I would respond and say that no ticket was ever affixed to your vehicle and so their claim under para 9 fails

as they have not complied with para 6 of the Act and there can be no keeper liability under para 8

as the NTK was not sent with 12 days of the alleged event.

If they still wish to claim that the NTK is complaiant with para 9 then they should provide a copy of the original notice to driver.

(you know very well that has the wrong details so they cant use it)

If you get a doctored version then a complaint to Trading Standards and the police will be the next move

Also let them know that you will be complaining to the BPA about their attempt at trying to obtain money by deception.

If you have destroyed the original ticket still use the same wording but dont expect to get anywhere with a complaint to the police/TS

Told you UKCPS ALWAYS mess up big time :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Will this be the same UKCPS that have been found to have falsified timestamps on photographic "evidence" by the BPA ?

If so, insist that they provide certified certificates traceable back to an approved clock source for their camera and also demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that the equipment used is tamper-proof.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Will this be the same UKCPS that have been found to have falsified timestamps on photographic "evidence" by the BPA ?

If so, insist that they provide certified certificates traceable back to an approved clock source for their camera and also demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that the equipment used is tamper-proof.

No it's not.

That is UKPC - http://ukparkingcontrol.com/ who are BPA.

This is UKCPS - http://ukcps.net/ who are IPC.

There is no fair independent appeals service with the IPC...

There is no fair independent appeals service with the IPC...

Thanks for clarifying. With so many of these shady companies out there, it can get a bit confusing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too certain that suggesting to the OP that he lies indulges in the use of terminological inexactitudes about having received a NtD is necessarily a good idea.

Suggesting that UKCPS cannot use the original copy of the NtD is also misleading as clearly their evidence is not limited just to that document but includes at least one photograph or the issuer keeps separate notes and was able to resurrect the correct vehicle details. Used together these (the original NtD, photo(s) or notes or even both) would "prove" that the issuer made a typo - and proving that this was deliberate (which it may well have been) in a standalone case will not be easy. Sadly, demonstrating a mistake was made whilst "gathering evidence" often adds a degree of authenticity to it that it might not deserve.

Were the matter to go to court and the OP maintained the "I did not get a NtD" as is suggested but is then confronted with a print-out of this thread one wonders what might be recommended that he then does?

Having now received a Notice to Keeper why does he not simply appeal as the keeper? UKCPS may well argue that he is out of time but then under current regulations they must offer consumers a form of ADR for 12 months.

Taking advantage of a PPC's procedural and legal failings is one thing but lying is something altogether different.

I disagree, the NTD must satisfy certain conditions in para 7 and the first one of those is to specify the vehicle. They have failed to do this so the rest fails. This means they may not use para 8 or 9 to create a keeper liability becasue they rely on the earlier conditions to be met to make them valid. They had the opportunity to send out an NTK within the time allowed using their photographic evidence alone but they didnt. The content of the NTK also does not fulfil the requirements of the PoFA so no keeper liability.

The OP's vehicle didnt receive a valid NTD so it is not a lie to say that. It is always for PPC's to make their case, not the other way round so any claim will be against the driver who has not been identified of a vehicle which has not been identified correctly.

The OP does have time to appeal to UKPCS and if they wish to I would suggest that they just say that the NTK is not compliant with the PoFA so no keeper liability has been created and leave it at that. This creates enough of a paper trail to show that the keeper has engaged in the appeals process and made it plain that they are not the correct person to pursue for any contractual charge. The rest will be up to UKPCS

I had a similar problem with a ticket with wrong info. Problem is you need to act as if you havent had the ticket and need a copy. which then will infact show its not your reg. As you cannot say wrong reg as it will show you had the ticket.

I would write to them and say you have recieved a NTK about an alleged offense. advise them that in order to help you investigate to see if it was in fact your vehicle, you need copy of any said images and also a copy of the ticket that was issues to the vehicle.

When you get a copy of the ticket you then point out not your reg, so chase up that owner, if they say that the pictures show your reg, tell them a registeration plate can easily be edited on a image, however the paper ticket would show any amendments.

If they refuse to cxancel then, Ask for a popla code and advise you shall be appealing as the vehicle listed isnt yours.

I had a similar problem with a ticket with wrong info. Problem is you need to act as if you havent had the ticket and need a copy. which then will infact show its not your reg. As you cannot say wrong reg as it will show you had the ticket.

I would write to them and say you have recieved a NTK about an alleged offense. advise them that in order to help you investigate to see if it was in fact your vehicle, you need copy of any said images and also a copy of the ticket that was issues to the vehicle.

When you get a copy of the ticket you then point out not your reg, so chase up that owner, if they say that the pictures show your reg, tell them a registeration plate can easily be edited on a image, however the paper ticket would show any amendments.

If they refuse to cxancel then, Ask for a popla code and advise you shall be appealing as the vehicle listed isnt yours.

Nope.

How will an IPC member issue a POPLA code?

A simple ' As RK I am not liable for this charge ' is the correct responce imo.

They reject and you then ' appeal ' to the IAS, with some help from here, and then try and read the adjudication without laughing...

• 4 weeks later...

Right! sooooo just to update you guys as to what happened after i sent them the letter stating that i dont have the parking ticket and therefore, they should send me copy of a parking ticket for me to pay them. I also added few of the lines from ericsbrother message above.................. in reply to that letter, I got a letter stating that my appeal is turned down :( and I have to pay them 100 pounds :( ...it also states that i can appeal to IAS but i need by charge number, date it was issued and car number.... however, i am disputing even receiving the parking ticket so dont know how that will work out :(

what are my options here ... any advise will be much appreciated.

First you dont panic. IAS is a total sham of a system. Its solely for ppc's that dont follow the rules. The PPC's that use it will ALWAYS refuse an appeal. How else would they make money?

UKCPS ALWAYS make mistakes. No exceptions. Thats why they are members of the IAS.

First you dont panic. IAS is a total sham of a system. Its solely for ppc's that dont follow the rules. The PPC's that use it will ALWAYS refuse an appeal. How else would they make money?

UKCPS ALWAYS make mistakes. No exceptions. Thats why they are members of the IAS.

Thanks for the reply, only panicky part is that I didnt even appeal against the parking notice and they sent me letter saying its rejected.

secondly, I am confused, if I should now appeal to IAS orrrrrrr write to them again asking for the copy of the ticket!! :(

As I said they don't follow the rules and ALWAYS screw up. That's why they're members of the IAS. They used to be members of the bpa and lost every appeal that went to popla. So they joined IAS, which is the alternative to bpa but ran by the lowest of the low in regards to ppcs

The thing to always remember it is for them to prove their case and not for you to disprove it. The IAS cannot get their heads around this simple fact so arent worth bothering with in a case like this.

As there has been no prrof of debt and the PoFA conditions for keeper liability not satisfied it is not worth wasting a stamp writing to them again. By sending the first letter(which you have a copy of I hope) you created a paper trail that menat that you wrent ignoring them but demanding proof of the debt. They havent supplied this and so they are the ones who are stuck, not you.

You dont have to pay them a penny as there is no debt. They could say you owe them a million quid and it is just as meaningful but the cahnace sare you would query a debt of a million but you arent querying the legitimacy of this one for a hundred.

Ignore them, they have shot their bolt and all they can do is to make noises and hollow threats. If you get a letter that is headed letter before action or letter before claim then come back here and we will help you write a response but anything fro anyone that doesnt say that is bog paper and can be ignored. You may well get letters from solicitors such as Gladstones or Miahs but again unless they say lba then they are just acting as unlicenced debt collectors and have no magic powers that make the begging letter anything else other than just that.