Next Directory - No CCA - What Now?

pjb012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I would like some advice please on my partner's Next Directory account which was opened around start of 2007.

Payments have been made in full and on time etc over the 10 years, and the account is fully up to date. My partner's CRA records are spotless and we do not want Defaults or any AP markers etc to be recorded.

Before Christmas, the account was suspended out of the blue and now the credit limit is tracking down to keep in sync with the current outstanding balance.

My partner emailed a complaint of being unable to use the account, and in response received a goodwill payment. The complaint also asked for the credit limit to be reinstated otherwise no choice but to close the account and request a copy of the CCA. The limit was not reinstated.

This week, a letter has been received from Next that basically says 'sorry - but we dont have a record of the signed agreement'.

The letter also helpfully encloses a new CCA for my partner to sign and return along with various printouts of notice of variations and a screen print out of the outstanding balance on the account.

Obviously, we are aware that the account is now unenforceable. However, we dont want any adverse markers to be recorded on the CRAs.

Has anybody else been in a similar position, and what options are open to us now? i.e. balance reduction, 0% interest, reclaim interest etc?

Alternatively, given that Next do not have permission to process my partner's data, can they be asked to close the account and remove all data from the CRA?

thanks in advance...

Edited by pjb012