ESA or JSA advice please

herculesbettina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I lost my job last week, I hated it so it wasn't a big deal. I'd been there for 15 months but truth be told it felt like 15 years. I was almost glad when they told me I wasn't needed anymore. But it's left me in financially troubling times. I kind of walked out due to anxiety issues rather than being sacked.

I wanted some advice before I go to the job centre tomorrow please - I've been told that if I walked out I can't claim Job Seekers, but if I can claim mental illness it's like a kind of catch all that can never be proved and they have to give me benefit.

It's the truth that I get panic attacks when I get stressed or am forced to do jobs I don't want to. I'm very sensitive and don't appreciate working in environments that don't respect my individuality.

Reading some of the threads here it means I've got anxiety and that's something I can get ESA for. So, truth be told. my anxiety is pretty crippling at times, not like a real disease like cancer, but is it bad enough to get ESA? I don't think I can get JSA but how am I suppossed to live?

You all seem good at loopholes, so any advice would REALLLY be appreciated right about now! :smile: thanks

Assuming you're serious:

Leaving a job doesn't exclude you from JSA automatically. It depends why you left.

You may not get ESA. It's not based on the condition you have. It's whether you can work / whether you meet the descriptors.

We don't do "loopholes". What we do is try to help people with genuine issues.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks