cheddar

Lowell/lowells sols claimform - old Vodafone mobile 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1162 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Notice of Allocation next...post when you receive it and I will go through the next stage.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Got a letter today regarding mediation.

For those who are interested it says we must be able to answer yes to all of these, otherwise mediation isn't suitable:

1. I can confirm that I am willing to compromise on this matter.

2. I can confirm that there has been no police involvement in this matter at any time.

3. I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before I can mediate.

4. I am available on one of the following dates: (dates for mediation given).

So as we can't answer yes to 1 and 3 then mediation isn't for us.

They say they have written because they don't have an email address for us or the address is wrong, strange as we gave a valid address. They also say they will ring by the 15th April to ask if we can answer yes to all 4 points.

They also say to email them with a correct email address so I'll do that as well.

Once we get the NoA I'll post it all up here :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Mediation have sent us a letter saying they couldn't get in touch with us

and they didn't have an email address for us.

No missed calls on the mobile and email given is fine.

I emailed them back and they said they agree it's a "no" to mediation,

have passed it back to court and we're now waiting on a date.

Will update when I get it.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Letter received today stating mediation is not suitable. Can see the claim has been transferred to our local court.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Just got back from holiday this weekend to see a letter from the court with a date for a hearing. I still find it fascinating that they're spending over £100 on this for a debt just over £200 lol!

Anyway, info as follows:

Hearing Date: 15/08/2016

Hearing Fee to be paid by: 26/05/2016

I assume most of these letters are standard, there's mention of mediation again and to arrange it if we would like to and that the hearing has an approximate length of 90mins (I disagree strongly with this as I can't see what there is to be said other than our very short defence). It also says on the back that our local court does back2back block hearings for hearings of a similar nature, so although we have a time for the hearing it may not be at that time and could be well past it. This is going to be absolute hell for my bf thanks to his disability. :(

I don't mind going to court but it's going to be awful for my bf and I'll have to try and look after him and keep him calm whilst speaking for him as well, sigh.

I will wait until the 27th May and give the court a ring and ask if the hearing fee has been paid as I know that Lowlifes sometimes don't bother paying it and it doesn't proceed, knowing our luck they will pay it though haha!

After that, we'll have to get our documents together and get them sent off. How long can we leave it until sending documents to LL/court?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

The dates for exchange of documents/witness statements should be listed within your Notice of Allocation ...along with the hearing date cheddar

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ooops, you're right, it says 14 days before the hearing....the hearing is on 15th August 2016 as before so by 1st Aug.

I'll let you all know what court says on 27th May when I ring them.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Held off on ringing as was busy with other things,

kept remembering to ring when court was closed so fired over an email.

Took them 3 weeks to reply

as of the 20th June they wrote back saying

"...I can confirm no hearing fee has been paid as of this date."

They were supposed to pay it by 26th May!

It doesn't say if they have been given another deadline to pay by or anything, we're just left in limbo. Sigh.

I suppose I'll have to ring and get more than one tiny sentence out of them

then ask for it in writing if possible.

I would have thought if they didn't pay almost 4 weeks after they were told to,

the hearing would have been cancelled by now

but it seems the court may be giving these clowns help.

How nice of them...

Ex CAG helper ^_^

shld be struck out if they havent paid their required fee following a notice to do so. cpr.

IMO

:-):rant:

I thought so as well but no mention of this from the court. The letter just makes it sound like they haven't paid yet and are still waiting. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to get this cleared up.

What do you mean by "cpr." at the end of your post Ford?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Its a requirement of the CPR

(Civil Procedure Rules)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Ah! Thank you muchly Martin :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

In particular CPR 3 (3.7) a/b (1)

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part03#3.7

(4) If the claimant does not –

(a) pay the fee; or

(b) make an application for full or part remission of the fee,

by the date specified in the notice –

(i) the claim will automatically be struck out without further order of the court;

What do you mean by "cpr." at the end of your post Ford?

cheers to the guys for explaining that :) thought maybe 'cpr' wld now come up as one of those clickable link?

did you contact the court today

IMO

Rang court today they said it's been referred to the District Judge (because of the non-payment of the hearing fee) who hasn't got back to them yet and to ring tomorrow or at the beginning of next week.

Waiting game again. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Well the DJ should now strike it out

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Well the DJ should now strike it out

Agreed! Has no reason not to :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Got round to ringing them again as requested and

C: Good morning *** county court, how may I help?

Me: I'm ringing regarding the status of a case, it was passed to the DJ for non-payment.

C: What's the case number?

Me: ***

C: Who are you?

Me: I'm ringing on behalf of my partner, I can put him on the ph-

C: -no need I can tell you an order has been sent out.

Me: So it's been struck ou-

C: -No. An order is in the post, it will explain everything.

Me: It's not been struck ou-

C: -No.

Me: So-

C: -Everything you need to know is in the post.

Me: Ok, so-

C: -It will explain everything.

Me: Ok, thanks.

Lovely conversation, couldn't even get her name or anything, as soon as she got the case number off me she wanted me off the phone. Didn't even confirm the names of lowlifes or my partner so I hope she's got the right one. I gave up as she just kept cutting me off.

Any ideas?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Sounds like a 'nice' lady. It does no harm to be polite and not butt in.

I would hold off till the post arrives. It may be that this lady didn't actually understand what she was reading.

Hopefully it will be good news

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The order will most probably state they have 7 days from the date of the order to make payment or the claim will be struck out.

Sounds like a 'nice' lady. It does no harm to be polite and not butt in.

I would hold off till the post arrives. It may be that this lady didn't actually understand what she was reading.

Hopefully it will be good news

Yeah she was a right charmer lol!

The order will most probably state they have 7 days from the date of the order to make payment or the claim will be struck out.

Sounds good to me.

I will let you all know what it says when we get it :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

seems maybe so if she said it hasnt been struck. but, if there was a notice to pay by x then it shld be struck if they havent paid. the cpr there includes dq. and what about Mitchell. maybe the dj bending over? :)

IMO

seems maybe so if she said it hasnt been struck. but, if there was a notice to pay by x then it shld be struck if they havent paid. the cpr there includes dq. and what about Mitchell. maybe the dj bending over? :)

Well I'd have thought that given they should have paid it 6 weeks ago it would be struck out by now but the court seem to be giving them lots of extra time for some reason. Probably backlogged. Ho-hum.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Well I'd have thought that given they should have paid it 6 weeks ago it would be struck out by now but the court seem to be giving them lots of extra time for some reason. Probably backlogged. Ho-hum.

if they had paid, and it was backlogged, then fair enough.

otherwise, it seems it shld have been struck accordingly. but, am not too familiar with whole thread. maybe the dj giving them a final chance.

anyway, lets see what the order is.

IMO