Lowell/lowells sols claimform - old Vodafone mobile 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

cheddar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

" Ok, I've got this as a defence so far, I've looked at SO many claims but barely any of them have a POC worded like mine "

There wont be...there all unique to the debtor/claim...same as are all defences:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" Ok, I've got this as a defence so far, I've looked at SO many claims but barely any of them have a POC worded like mine "

There wont be...there all unique to the debtor/claim...same as are all defences:-)

I see many with the same wording, just not like mine. Or I thought so anyway.

Guess the info I'm reading just isn't going into my head for some reason.

Can anyone comment on the defence? Is it any good?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Defence is not due till 4pm 12 Feb anyhow

Take your time

I've amended you q&a post too

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, I'll wait until someone can comment on my defence. Or is no one commenting on it because it's totally wrong?

I'll get a fresh pair of eyes to look at this if needed.

Thanks guys :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Just requires a few tweaks cheddar

You must respond to each point.....for example you have not made a response to 2..the default.

2) THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED PAYMENTS AND A DEFAULT NOTICE WAS SERVED AND NOT COMPLIED WITH.

will take another look later when its quiet.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Tried again :)

1. The Defendant does not recognise the debt from the details given in paragraph 1 of the particulars of claim

2. The Defendant does not recall receipt the default notice from the details given in paragraph 2 of the particulars of claim.

3. The Claimant states in paragraph 3 of the particulars of claim that the account was assigned from Vodafone to Lowell Portfolio I on 31/03/2014. The Defendant has not received any notification of this assignment.

4. The Defendant has never received the repeated requests for payment mentioned in paragraph 4 of the particulars of claim.

5. Despite a request for information from the Defendant (made under CPR 31.14), the Claimant has not provided any further details as to how the sums claimed have accrued or copies of any agreement between Vodafone and the Defendant.

6. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4): Where the claim includes a claim for money, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed. No information has been given to the Defendant proving the alleged amount claimed.

7. Notwithstanding the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

8. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

He doesn't have a default notice in his possession and can't say 100% if he got one, he thinks he may have but can't be totally sure. Hence why I have worded No2 that way. Added a bit more to No6.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Take a look at this tomorrow for you cheddar...well later today:wink:

Particulars of Claim...

1) THE DEFENDANT ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH vodafone UNDER ACCOUNT REFERENCE **** ('THE AGREEMENT').

2) THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED PAYMENTS AND A DEFAULT NOTICE WAS SERVED AND NOT COMPLIED WITH.

3) THE AGREEMENT WAS LATER ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON 31/03/2014 AND NOTICE GIVEN TO THE DEFENDANT.

4) DESPITE REPEATED REQUESTS FOR PAYMENT, THE SUM OF £213.40 REMAINS DUE AND OUTSTANDING.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

a) THE SAID SUM OF £213.40

b) INTEREST -£17.07-

c) COSTS

What is the value of the claim? £305.47

######Proposed defence######

1. Paragraph 1 is accepted.I have in the past entered into a contract with vodafone however I do not recall the exact details or recall any outstanding balance and have requested that the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request.The claimant has yet to comply.

2. Paragraph 2 is also noted but again I do not recall any breach and therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into a Agreement/ Contract; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

3. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

4. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

5.Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Thanks Andy, looks like I'd made a mess of it lol!

Lowlifes Solicitors have sent a letter, received today:

"27th January

We can confirm that your request for documents has been forwarded to our client and we will forward the documents to you upon receipt. This is unlikely to be within the 7 day deadline in your letter.

Please note that legal proceedings have now been issued against you and you should respond to the claim form."

So, do we still file the defence or wait longer? They haven't asked for an extension just that it's not going to be in the 7 days which was up on the 26th anyway.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Thats fine cheddar ...you wont get a response anyway...so file it when your ready and if you are happy with the contents.

Thats fine cheddar ...you wont get a response anyway...so file it when your ready and if you are happy with the contents.

Thought as much, thank you ever so much for your help. I'll let the bf read over everything to make sure he's happy, then we'll file it.

I shall keep updating as and when required.

Thank you! :D

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Current status, I thought we'd only get a DQ if the Claimant responded to the defense? No mention of them responding here:

Claim Status

A claim was issued against you on 11/01/2016

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 14/01/2016 at 21:15:13

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 15/01/2016 at 08:02:10

Your defence was submitted on 28/01/2016 at 16:05:07

Your defence was received on 29/01/2016 at 08:01:41

DQ sent to you on 01/03/2016

Also as my bf has severe autism can I represent him in court? He will not be able to speak for himself.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

They dont have to physically respond to the defence...they simply inform the court they wish to proceed...DQ is on its way then

Ah ok, I thought it would at least be noted on the MCOL.

Yeah seems so, should be here this week.

Sigh.

I'm not sure I can even go to court over this I have serious mental and physical health problems that means I can't predict how I'm going to be on any given date. Really hoped it would get stayed, just our luck!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

No worries..quite simple to complete....post here if your unsure.

No worries..quite simple to complete....post here is your unsure.

I assume I agree to mediation? A telephone thing is even worse for me and impossible for my bf. Typical isn't it haha! Guess I'll have to just "woman up" and power through it, least the case is simple enough :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Yes to mediation...yes to Small Claims Track...the rest of the form is self explanatory tick boxes.

Oh and did this today, will make another as soon as I can. I know the site isn't cheap to run. Can't believe it's been going for so long, I really enjoyed being a helper all those years ago, seems like a lifetime ago for me!

2LDLgkb.png?1

Ex CAG helper ^_^

:yo: and very much appreciated cheddar......thanking you.

Regards

Andy