ESA Support Group Award - What Next?

Tj rodgers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did the decision change without a tribunal?

Congratulations on getting your rightful award though finally. The stories I head about these 'medicals' are truly shocking. I do not understand how the word of your doctor, consultant and whoever else is involved in your care can be overwritten by the likes of a retired midwife with 3 weeks disability training.

Hi, I moved this post (and the accompanying reply) to its own thread to keep things neat.

Anyhow, sick notes are not required while you are in the Support Group. However, it would be a good idea to make sure that you are covered by one for at least the next few weeks, as it can take that long for the DWP staff to update the computer system with your new award.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Did the decision change without a tribunal?

Congratulations on getting your rightful award though finally. The stories I head about these 'medicals' are truly shocking. I do not understand how the word of your doctor, consultant and whoever else is involved in your care can be overwritten by the likes of a retired midwife with 3 weeks disability training.

I didnt have a medical they awarded me esa support group level after receiving my questionnaire and contacting my doctor to verify what was my illness

TJR JNR

The fact that you've been put in the Support Group is good news. It means that the DWP has accepted that it is not realistic to expect you to look for/prepare for work at this time. You will get some extra money each week and you'll be exempt from compulsory work related activity, so no chance of being sent on the Work Programme or anything like that.

You'll probably be OK regarding your fit note. I would expect that the change in your claim will be processed by then. If there are no changes in your circumstances you probably won't hear much from the DWP until it's time for your next review. That could be weeks, months or a year or two away.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The fact that you've been put in the Support Group is good news. It means that the DWP has accepted that it is not realistic to expect you to look for/prepare for work at this time. You will get some extra money each week and you'll be exempt from compulsory work related activity, so no chance of being sent on the Work Programme or anything like that.

You'll probably be OK regarding your fit note. I would expect that the change in your claim will be processed by then. If there are no changes in your circumstances you probably won't hear much from the DWP until it's time for your next review. That could be weeks, months or a year or two away.

Ok so who and what would decide when you have a review? Surelly weeks would be too soon

TJR JNR

Ok so who and what would decide when you have a review? Surelly weeks would be too soon

Yes, probably won't be weeks. As Daverules says above, your award letter will probably say when your review date will be. As you've been placed in the Support Group without the need for a medical exam, I'd guess that it will be at least a year away. There's no formal rule about this - I'm just going on experience from working on ESA and the reports of other members of CAG.

Yes, probably won't be weeks. As Daverules says above, your award letter will probably say when your review date will be. As you've been placed in the Support Group without the need for a medical exam, I'd guess that it will be at least a year away. There's no formal rule about this - I'm just going on experience from working on ESA and the reports of other members of CAG.

No unfortunatly there is no review date stated only a start date

TJR JNR