• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PRA/MBNA debt-CCA sent-received a reply. Help needed

laidy_ma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I finally managed to scan some of the correspondence I have received from PRA. I really need your help.

As you see in my previous posts I have requested CCA from PRA.

1. I received a letter with a copy of a Credit Card Agreement which I have not signed. No signature etc...

2. I received another letter from them attached below. They have sent me 7 pages of a statement including dates of transactions, transactions type, Description exactly what has been paid , purchased etc...,amounts and full card number.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not my statement,

it belongs to someone else and nothing to do with me.

The card number is not mine, nothing matches.

For these reasons I am not uploading this document as it does not belong to myself.

I have attached below their letter asking me to call them as in they view they have provided me with the necessary information regarding my CCA request.

I think this is absolutely unacceptable that they sent me somebody else full card number and transaction information, no name mentioned though.

I checked the ICO website and found a sample complaint letter which they advise to send to the lender.

Please have a look and let me know if it is suitable to send.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/

Can you help please what exactly to write on here:

(Give details of your concern, explaining clearly and simply what has happened and, where appropriate, the effect it has had on you.)

Thank you again. I really rely on you Caggers.

PRA-credit-card-agreement-20-02-16.pdf

PRA-CCA-letter-22-02-16.pdf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any suggestions before sending the complaint letter to Pra?

I don't need to sign the letter, correct?

I am going to send them the standard ICO template letter but will give them 10 working days to respond instead of 28 as per template.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/

Can you please check the following and correct me if there is something unclear:

I am concerned that you have not handled mine and somebody else's personal information properly.

You have disclosed important information about another person by sending me a transaction statement

which belongs to someone else.

You have released information about another person's financial situation including full credit card numbers

and transactions the other person has made.

I can see sensitive information about their financial affairs: when and where they have done purchases,

how much they have paid, what money transfers they made etc...

I have concerns that you don’t keep information secure.

I would like you to explain what has happened.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

ps

only give them what you know they need to ID for this account.

poss address at time you took it out

and/or a change of name.

NOT a complete list

play them at their own game.

dx

Since they want this information it appears they are not sure they have the right debtor either.

PRA have a habit of not giving the right information.

. Also there are many blogs about PRA and what happens when they take a case to Court.

It normally fails...

This is against the CONC rules to go fishing for a debtor.

A simple am I the right debtor letter?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It does seem to me that they just sent my transaction statement to another person and theirs to me.

Seems like a swap.

Both my credit card and the other persons card number are MBNAs.

Their ref on the correspondence letters is actually a card number

which I guess was mine but the statement is different-not mine..

. Noddle has different last 4 numbers on that debt though which is strange

- but I could see they were noting the £1 I was paying them monthly before requesting the CCA.

I am not sure about the CONC, not familiar with this to be honest

but I will definitely send a letter to report to the ICO once they respond to me.

I understand your point about: ' Am I the right debtor':

I must look for the letter as might need to send it to them in the future.

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

After speaking with the ICO and was encouraged by them I sent a complaint to Pra asking them why they have sent me another persons bank statement.

They replied and said they will investigate.

A few days ago I received an apologetic letter about the mistake they have made.

They don't explain why they sent me a wrong statement which belongs to somebody else

but they have offered me £50 for the distress.

They have added a customer decision form which I have asked to sign

either way if I accept the money or if I don't accept the money.

I am not going to accept or reject.

I am going to forward all the information to the ICO and hopefully they will decide to investigate and maybe fine them?

Pra does not mention anything about complaining to the ICO

but they inform me that if I am still unhappy I can contact the FOS free of charge.

They have added a leaflet about the FOS containing explanation how to complain to the Ombudsman.

What are your opinions?

Should I follow to the Ombudsman also?

Today I received the 'correct' Bank statement but I have not got a clue what the description

and the calculations mean.

will scan and post this later on today with more details.

Any opinion and suggestions about complaining to the Ombudsman will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please see the file of the statement attached.

Please explain what the 'transaction types' do mean?

For example: 'special cash interest',

'Finance Charge'

and on the last page: Charge-OFF Adjustment +6500,

Charge-OFF Adjustment -6500,

Zero CURBL ON SOLD ACCT -6500?

The card number also has changed on the last page.

I don't have any statements etc..

. sent by Pra or other collection agencies before Pra has taken over for 2010-2016.

Who should provide this to me?

Do I need to request from Pra?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/help.

Pra-10-03-16-bank-statements.pdf

I would ring the ICO and ask if its them or the FOS regarding the wrong statement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX I will do

I already spoke to the ICO before I sent my complaint

they said that they will be happy to look at the issue once I have received a response from Pra.

I look forward for your advise regarding my questions in my previous post

as I am clueless what can I request to be refunded from original lender

and what these transaction types do mean...

+6500 -6500,-6500 looks to me that I have paid them back...?

so the number change was done when you reported the org card stolen.

wonder what +£100PCM special cash int is?

did you get lots of cash advances out?

could it to be with all electronic bal transfer 11-05-2006?

so you paid another card off?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have never reported the card stolen. Maybe expired...

It was 9 month free interest so I made bal transfer.

I have not got a clue what is the special cash interest.

.. It is blank under Description..

. and on some says Finance Charge- which I don't know what it does mean...

They charged me 3 different interests at the same date

I think every month:

1.Retail Interest,

2.Special Cash Interest and

3.Other Interest?

Very strange!

I spoke to both ICO and the Ombudsman Customer Service

they both are happy to hear about the situation.

I will e-mail them by the end of the week with the details.

I don't have any info sent by PRA what I have paid for the period of 2010-2015.

Should I ask PRA to cover this period and send statements?

I can see on Noddle that I have paid around £1500 between 2010-2015...

The debt is under Varde Investments Ireland

and I have been paying to them via Experto Credite, Aktiv and Pra.

P'haps sar PRA?

Never a good idea to sar a dca

But in your case could be worth it?

Sri only on a phone can't scroll thread back

and they

Sorry DX what 'sat' does mean?

Do you mean SAR PRA?

Can't I just request without SAR to be provided with statements for the period 2010-2015?

I have never received anything from them.

I don't think that I am going to gain anything by reporting to the ICO and the Ombudsman

- just thought it is important to report.

What do you suggest?

yep sar time

and they

How will this help me though?

Can't I just say to them: Please send me statements for the periods 2010-2016?

Anyone able to look at the balance statements and tell me if I can claim back anything from MBNA?

I have not got a clue what these interests are.

Reconstituted agreement attached before

The account was opened in 2006 and DX has mentioned that it needs to be signed

and it is not but I see information on internet that it is not really necessary to be signed

depending on the judge opinion if it goes to court?

What are your thoughts?

you can never predict judge lottery

I would suspect statements via asking would be @£5 each

which is why an sar @ £10 is much cheaper

certainly default sums can be reclaimed

and they

Thanks dx.

I may try to ask them for statements without paying...

I don't think this is going to help in any way...

Once they start pushing for money might be a good idea to offer full and final?

Should I start paying again the originally agreed £1 monthly to them?

It would not be a problem to SAR them or first try and get statements for free

but I don't really see what I am going to gain anything by doing that...

Between 2010-2015 I have paid around £1500 in instalments of £10,£50,£100, £1 etc..

.and they don't deny that...

Noddle shows that I owe around £5000 and I originally owed around £6500 in 2010.

If I go to court and going to rely on judge 'lottery' mood

might not be worth doing it as fees at the end might need to be paid by me

plus full debt plus waste of time traveling to court and additional stress etc..

.Do you think Full and final might be a good idea?

Default sums are only around £12 at a time...

I am curious to know if anyone knows what are these 'finance charges'

of around £100+ each month on the statement and are these reclaimable?

and if yes what exactly to request from MBNA?

Any advice how/where to look for help to understand the balance statement

I have attached in a previous post

don't agree with all that

let me review the whole thread later

one thing

go look at other MBNA threads here and their statements.

might help you understand things

and they

I stopped using this card in 2008.

I did not have a chance to look carefully but it shows many purchases in 2012-2013.

I have never made these purchases.

I was never supplied with a credit card after 2008.

It is absolute crap what they have provided me with.

can you expand on this?

also

dvla payment 21/12/2008 what was that about?

electronic transfer of £350 cash on 16/12/2008

Sainsbury smkt 13:37 01/07/2009

petrol Tesco's 20/08/2009

20/08/2009 Sainsbury shopping 21:55

if I didn't know better

your new card or whatever happened

was used by someone else hence the entries in 02/0ct/2007

from the statements

as you'd moved and someone used it as it was reported and a new card was sent to another address.??

you DONT give in!!

and they

Thanks DX I will have a look and read other peoples posts so hopefully understand the balance statement they sent me

(the 'correct' one)..

.The transactions mentioned for 2008-2012 are not mine

and they admitted that they sent me a wrong statement which belongs to another person.

The second statement they have sent me and I have attached #27 seems to be mine.

Some of the purchases made I can't recognise but it seems that the statement is mine..

.It is very possible that I have used the card for the last time on 20/08/2009 ...

Although on noddle I can see that the last 4 numbers on my credit card/ account number ends on ***** 5537 0

but I can see nowhere a card number finishing on these on the statement PRA sent me.

in post 26 there are no statements..

and they

nope my post 43 relates to the statements in post 30

so where are the 'true' statements that ARE yours alone?

and they

That one in post #30 is the 'true' one they sent me as part of the CCA.

Does it need to look differently?

There is no name or anything on the statement at all a

nd I can't recognise the card numbers they mention in the statement.

..but I can recognise that some of the transactions are mine.

It is for 2006-2010 then in 2010 MBNA has defaulted the account and sold the debt...

The first one they sent me did not belong to me at all

so I did not post it here but it included transactions for 2008-2013.

I don't have any original statements at all.

They have been destroyed by flood and damp years ago.

we need a base to conclude what has gone on here.

I would now be sending an sar to mbna

doesn't need to name or number any specific accounts

simply ask for all the data they hold on your as you wish it for your personal records.

dx

and they