My car was crushed!

Chilli501

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pounds don't just crush cars in 2 days, they have to wait 14 days ,

in fact they don't crush them at all if they are half-decent and saleable.

The flooding in Leeds was after Xmas not in early December.

DVLA may counter by saying you should have noticed your DD didn't go through in September, October and November.

It's a pity there isn't a system for clearly showing that a vehicle is taxed, a small circular sticker in the windscreen or something.. oh hold on...

Conniff,

Sorrŷ, I've been offline. In answer to your questions

Yes

Yes

Yes

Thank you

I'm going to get a letter off to them today....I'll include the proof that the car should have been taxed and that they weren't collecting the paŷments. The type of bank account I have takes the money needed for bills from the money in your account and puts it to one side in another section of the account -:

Salaries account-all bill money stays in here

Card account-all the money in this side is mine to do with as I please

I didn't feel the need to check me account although with hindsight I should have done. I do need to check the details of when the car was crushed though although that was what I was told by a person at the Leeds pound...

I've just re read this and have a question. I have the green slip and brother in law the other section. He should have informed the dvla of the sale who then should have sent me the new logbook? I never got that so it's possible he didn't inform them? If that's what's happened and he hasn't informed them I won't get anything anyway 😢. I'll have to double check with the dvla if/when it was updated...

chilli, your brother in law should of send the left hand side of the logbook of to the DVLA with your details to show change of ownership UNLESS he's done it ONLINE, you get the green slip V5c to retain and if within 6 week's you do not have a new V5 in your name you use the V5c to apply for a new logbook, I think you purchased the car in july and paid tax / setup direct debit, the DVLA were waiting for conformation the sale has been completed (bearing in mind people return car's if they don't like them ect)

so you paid for tax in july, and then in august DVLA were not aware you purchased the car as the logbook clearly has not been set (UNLESS your brother in law done the transfer of ownership ONLINE) DVLA took payment august as they should but when september came didn't notice new ownership and assumed car sale didn't go through (this I'm guessing at by the way) therefore without transfer of ownership they have no right to take tax money and stopped

if you do a search online you will find a DVLA website you can notify dvla of change of ownership online with a few details from the V5 logbook

to clarify another post on this thread, a SORN declaration requires a V5 referance number OR a V11 tax reminder

I feel OP you may now be at a loss due to paperwork not being sent of correctly in 1 post you state paperwork has been sent off and in another you stated brother in law still has other section therefore no change of ownership with DVLA