• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Xercise4less / Harlands ..Again :)

5tunt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can see there's a whole bunch of posts here relating to Harlands and i can sort of guess the response but assumptions are never good..:)

I had a contract with Xercise4less which i full paid from 22/08/2014 till my last payment which was 21 Oct 15. Over the 11 months.

I cancelled my membership by cancelling the Direct Debit, thinking that since it's in a rolling month contract...no payment should be sufficient cancellation notice.

I've now received 2 letters from harlands, with the most recent letter stating i owe further Administration fees totaling the entire money owed to £69.98.

Should i just be emailing Harlands head office explaining that i'd be willing to pay 0.00-9.99 that may have been missing due to the timing of the DD cancellation, the DD cancellation is sufficient cancellation notice and that any subsequent administration penalties are are unlawful.

Any help appreciated :)

Hi Stunt and welcome to CAG

I suggest you write to Harlands by post and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO. See here for a letter to adapt and send to Harlands - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?458014-Harlands-Problem&p=4842737&viewfull=1#post4842737

Don't go into detail about adequate notice of cancelling for now - it's completely wasted on Harlands who only hear what they want to hear.

Avoid emails to them as this will see them fire back a reply quickly and you could end up with email ping-pong that'll get you nowhere.

Stay OFF the phone and, if Harlands/CRS call you, hang up !!

Keep us posted on any contact from them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Stunt and welcome to CAG

I suggest you write to Harlands by post and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO. See here for a letter to adapt and send to Harlands -

Don't go into detail about adequate notice of cancelling for now - it's completely wasted on Harlands who only hear what they want to hear.

Avoid emails to them as this will see them fire back a reply quickly and you could end up with email ping-pong that'll get you nowhere.

Stay OFF the phone and, if Harlands/CRS call you, hang up !!

Keep us posted on any contact from them.

Cheers Slick will update you when i hear anything more :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Slick, wee update!

I've sent the letter to Harlands but not received any response - I've now received a letter from CRC Outlinning the following:

We have been advised by Harlands, that you have stopped making payments under your membership agreement with Xercise 4 Less

Your balance of £104.97 is now due to be paid in full, by no later than 5 February 16.

The harlands Telephone lines are open....etc...

Harlands would like to resolve this matter before further action is needed. However under your agreement with Harlands, you have promised to pay this debt. If you continue to honour that commitment. Harlands will have no option but to take legal steps to collect the outstanding balance.

How should i proceed here?

Hi Stunt,

I assume you mean you've heard from CRS, who are Harlands in disguise !!

Ignore this completely and wait for them to reply properly to the letter which you were going to send, as per post #3 above.

Can you just confirm for us that you did, in fact, send the letter to Harlands.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

So i've received a response to the letter i sent.

In a nutshell they are saying they are willing to wave the administration fees, however they inside i owe 4 weeks payments (from when i cancelled).

They are also saying that i need to contact Xercise4less to actually cancel the membership. I've seen from other threads that this is not the case.

Any advice here? Would you like any more precise info from the letter?

Hi Stunt,

....... however they inside i owe 4 weeks payments (from when i cancelled)

Do you mean 4 weeks or 4 months ?

Let us know exactly what Harlands say about what they think you owe.

Don't worry about Harlands view that you can only cancel via the gym - they're wrong !!

Hi Stunt,

Do you mean 4 weeks or 4 months ?

Let us know exactly what Harlands say about what they think you owe.

Don't worry about Harlands view that you can only cancel via the gym - they're wrong !!

Ah apologies - 4 months!

I'll update with more exact details from the letter later tonight, cheers Slick :)

Ah, so Harlands have decided the m/ship is still "live" because you haven't gone into the gym and filled in the X4Less Cancellation Form. Total nonsense though !!

As Harlands have ignored what you said in your letter, just ignore them completely for now.

I'd now write to the gym Head Office in Leeds saying :-

I offered to pay Harlands the month's fee I owed when I cancelled my DD mandate after the October 2014 was paid.

They are now demanding 4 months fee and say the membership is still "live".

Unless you tell Harlands to stop contacting me immediately, I will make formal complaints about the gym and Harlands to Trading Standards and The CMA.

I'll also use Facebook and Twitter to make sure people know how badly Harlands treat gym members on behalf of Xercise4Less.

Get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you send this.

• 4 weeks later...

Received an interesting response from Xercise4less:

This email is in regards the letter we have received from yourself regarding your membership.

Unfortunately as your account went into Default on 28/10/15 and you have used your access code to use our facilities on 09/01/2016 and again on 11/01/2016, you will have to contact Membership Support on 0113 203 8602 to arrange a settlement to close the account.

If you do choose to escalate this matter further, we will of course co-operate with the agency you choose to represent you. However, as you have breached the Terms and Conditions by cancelling your Direct Debit with Harlands and then using our facilities without having paid for the service, we feel that it would be improper to '... use Facebook and Twitter to make sure people know how badly Harlands treat gym members on behalf of Xercise4Less' as this is a threat of slander and you cannot use such means to intimidate us to 'tell' Harlands to stop contacting you.

I haven't actually used their facility AT ALL and this must be a bit of a glitch in their system or they've already re-issued my code.

Should i just respond to this email with that detail or should i approach this differently?

Hi Stunt,

Can you confirm when you last used the gym, so we can decide how best to respond to X4Less.

Is there any chance you accessed the gym after cancelling the DD mandate ?

Hi Stunt,

Can you confirm when you last used the gym, so we can decide how best to respond to X4Less.

Is there any chance you accessed the gym after cancelling the DD mandate ?

Hey Slick,

The last usage would have been within a month of the cancellation, so around the September / Early October time 2015. My work moved offices so it was no longer convenient for me to access the gym. I'd have to really go out of the way to get to the gym itself.

Interestingly i've noticed that one of the days they claim i've been to the gym is the same date as i made my original post on this thread. If only i had that much of a brass neck!

Their claim i've attended the gym is absolute nonsense and could potentially highlight bad-practise on their end by either re-issuing my code, having inadequate code length (Someone accidently entered mine) or just blatent lies!

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

You allege that I accessed the gym as recently as January 2016. This is wrong and you need to check your records as any such access was not made by me.

Kindly check your records and confirm that I did not access the gym at all. If you continue to make demands based on inaccurate data, I will take the matter further with formal complaints as necessary.

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

You allege that I accessed the gym as recently as January 2016. This is wrong and you need to check your records as any such access was not made by me.

Kindly check your records and confirm that I did not access the gym at all. If you continue to make demands based on inaccurate data, I will take the matter further with formal complaints as necessary.

Cheers Slick, will keep you informed :)

Quicker response now we're in email :

I have again checked our records and attached a screenshot of your entry code being used at the Renfrew gym in January 2016.

I have made no demands at all. I was simply advising you of an option to settle the matter as your account is currently in Default, due to breaching the Terms and Conditions by cancelling your Direct Debit without giving us 30 days notice, a fact you are aware of already. Furthermore I am obligated to advise that a settlement with our Membership Support Team would be a cheaper alternative to Harlands due to the difference in admin costs.

Again, if you do choose to escalate this matter further, we will of course co-operate with the agency you choose to represent you. However, this will be the last contact from us at Head Office regarding the matter if that is the case as we have exhausted all avenues for a resolution with ourselves.

They attached a screenshot of two entry times which are false with regards to whether i entered or not, and are also times which they'll clearly see i never accessed the gym on these times previously so it's a good highlight of something wrong on their end - whether it's someone else using my code or they've just re-issued it.

I refer to your email of xxdate and must say again, your information is wrong.

If your records show that I accessed the gym, I suggest someone else is using my old [access code/entry card].

The times you mention are NOT times of the day that I have previously attended the gym as you will see from your records.

Please check your records again and confirm that you are referring to someone else accessing the gym.

I refer to your email of xxdate and must say again, your information is wrong.

If your records show that I accessed the gym, I suggest someone else is using my old [access code/entry card].

The times you mention are NOT times of the day that I have previously attended the gym as you will see from your records.

Please check your records again and confirm that you are referring to someone else accessing the gym.

Cheers Slick, they are really dragging this out eh!? Common sense must prevail at some point, surely!

One would think so, but don't hold your breath ...........

One would think so, but don't hold your breath ...........

So we have another response!

Below are the time and dates your pin was used to access the facilities regularly and the occasions outside of the patterns.

From 01/09/14 to 25/11/14 your pin was used to access the facilities between 07:00 and 08:00

From 05/07/15 to 23/09/15 your pin was used to access the facilities between 11:00 and 13:00.

On 30/04/15 your pin was used to access the facilities at 17:15

On 02/06/15 your pin was used to access the facilities at 13:28

On 09/01/16 your pin was used to access the facilities at 18:50

On 11/01/16 your pin was used to access the facilities at 07:44

As your unique access pin code is 8 digits long, and the most similar code only matches 5 of the 8 digits, unless you shared your code it is highly unlikely that someone used your code accidentally.

As we cannot check records of CCTV here at Head Office you will have to arrange a meeting with the General Manager to discuss this matter.

Dragging on a bit this now! So the two days they alleged i attended the gym:

09/01/16 18:50 - A completely non-standard time we they've shown with their data. And i'd have had to have posted this thread in the afternoon then brass necked into the gym the same night!

11/01/16 - I was working, started work at around 8AM. It seems unlikely i could attend the gym at 07:44 and attend the and arrive at the office at 8AM considering my office is across the other side of the city. (The reason i stopped going is due to me moving offices from 4 miles to about 10-15 miles from the gym!

Should i just head round to the gym and see if i can get the CCTV to put this to bed? I really grudge spending any of my own money communicating with these people. I'd argue that THEY should speak with the branch manager to get the CCTV footage.

Reply could be as follows :-

I refer to your email of xxdate.

I can prove beyond doubt that I did not access the gym on the dates you have specified.

I therefore suggest you use CCTV to show that I accessed the facility, or you make no further demands of me.

If you make any further demands, I will make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

See what they say in response ............

Reply could be as follows :-

I refer to your email of xxdate.

I can prove beyond doubt that I did not access the gym on the dates you have specified.

I therefore suggest you use CCTV to show that I accessed the facility, or you make no further demands of me.

If you make any further demands, I will make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

See what they say in response ............

Cheers Slick, will get the reply out!

Next letter arrived - this time from CRS (Credit Resolution Services)

We've been employed by xercise 4 less as your membership remains in arrears despite previous letters being sent to you.

As a result of this, our fees totaling £66.50 have been added. Therefore, your account balance now stands at £171.47.

+++All your standard "we want to reach an amicable resolution, here's the options...call us...etc"+++

Hi Stunt,

Ignore anything from Harlands/CRS for now but keep us posted ..........