style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm renting a property short term for 6-7 months and have electric supplied by Scottish Power.

Initially the Direct Debit amount was set to £50, which quickly became apparently as being massively over-estimated.

I generally only use around 3kWh per day, so the actual bill is next to nothing, and in 3 months I have now accumulated £70 in credit.

I managed to reduce my direct debit via my online account, which was a struggle in itself.

If I reduced it by more than £4 at once, it demanded an upfront payment and estimated I would be £6000 in debt at my yearly review.

I eventually got it down to £25 which seemed sensible, though received an e-mail a week later saying it had been reset to £50.

I can no longer change it via account as I have exceeded the number of changes per year.

I phoned Scottish Power today to ask them to reduce it but the customer advisor told me the lowest they could do is £37.

Seems a bit daft. Even at £37, I'll still be accumulating a significant credit amount per month,

in addition to the £70 already sitting in my account.

I'm only expecting to be in the property another 3 months so it seems daft to continue throwing money into the account

when it's obvious they're just going to have to refund it to me at account close.

Anyone any advise or how to deal with it sensible in the present?

Thanks

you don't have to keep the DD going, cancel it.

you'll have a terrible job getting money out of them if you leave whilst in credit

what are they going to do..take you to court for money you don't owe....!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...