Jump to content

Previously on ESA, now being moved over to state pension, can I get pension credit?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm new here. I'm currently on ESA in the support group. I received a letter a few weeks ago saying that as I'm now approaching state pension age ( 6th January 2016) I was going to be paid £111.28p a week as off 25th January. I don't qualify for the full amount of £115 as I don't have enough stamps. My question is...will I be eligible for pension credit on top of my state pension as this amount is a lot less than I was getting on ESA. I live alone.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome to CAG.


You don't say if you are married or not, but I think it's possible you would qualify.


Here's a link to an anonymous benefits checker, try having a play with that and see what the answer is.




My best, HB

  • Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum




Link to post
Share on other sites




have a look at the above link, you should qualify according to that, however it will not be just a transition to PC from ESA you will have to show proof of entitlement - your pension award letter would be proof of income but as far as I am aware (someone may have more info) you will also have to show bank statements to prove you do not have savings etc over the above limit even though you may have shown proof when you claimed ESA.



If you are on Housing benefit and CTR (again someone may have more info) you would have to reapply for these showing new income







AGEUK are brilliant at giving benefit advice it may be worth your while contacting them they can talk you through switching from working age benefits to state pension and pension benefits

Edited by Madamfluff
added age uk link
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you do not need to make fresh claims for HB/CTR - it is simply a change of circumstances

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...