IDR/Link claimform - old Barclaycard Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've tried reading as much on here as possible however I'm now at a point whereby asking might be a clearer way forward.

Debt - £2583.32

Creditor - Barclaycard

I've had a letter through from Kearns Solicitors

informing me that I have to pay the outstanding debt of £2583.32 is required in full

otherwise I'll be taken to court in 14 days.

I contacted them stating that I was unable to make any form of payment and that I had sent a financial statment to both IDR and Link whilst making an offer of £1pw.

I was told that Kearns could either enter into a 12 month payment plan for the full amount of the debt or take full payment now.

I said that this wasn't possible in which they said I would receive a summons in 14 days time.

To cut a very long story short (as possible)

I had to give up work to care for my disabled daughter whom is ventilated 24/7 and requires 2/1 care 24/7 in July 2013.

On doing so it meant I was unable to pay my creditors and I also lost my house.

As soon as I gave up work I started contacting my creditors informing them of my situation.

Whilst most couldn't do anything until I actually defaulted, I was able to deal with all easily enough

however this could only be done when my partner was present or the limited nurse cover we have was.

Unfortunately I've lost track of who I've dealt with

however I did forward a letter to both Link & then IDR along with a financial statement making an offer.

I believe I spoke with Link however I can't be sure I spoke with IDR.

Apologies if I've given any information not required however I thought some circumstances might be helpful.

Any help/guidance would be greatly received.

TIA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so what this about a summons?

link/IDR are the biggest fleecers out there

I bet if you read the letters PROPERLY

it doesn't say WILL court anywhere.

have you sent each creditor inc link a CCA request

to check they are legally ENTITLED to threaten you.

A DCA IS NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

and STAY OFF THE PHONE

never ever speak about your debts on the phone

esp to a no powers DCA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi HantsDad and welcome to CAG

Can you say approx when the card a/c was opened. Or at least was it opened before or after April 2007.

If you haven't sent a CCA request to the present owner of the a/c, it may be worth doing for the cost of £1.

Use this link for the necessary letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974-**Updated-January-2015**&p=4193472&viewfull=1#post4193472

As DX says, stay OFF the phone from now on.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I haven't spoken with IDR at all other than the solicitors yesterday. I arranged to pay some of my creditors £1pw which was setup with the help of sending them a financial statement. I used the same statement for other companies simply forwarding to them and only dealing by email if possible.

I think the card was taken out before 2007 however some or most of the debt would have been added afterwards.

The letter I have received is an LBA (letter before action) stating full payment within 14 days or they'll issue court proceedings. I contacted them, stated I couldn't pay nor could I enter into an agreement to pay over 12 months as I would simply default. The rep told me that I would simply have to wait the 14 days out and that I would then receive a summons. I was, as always polite and courteous and thanked her and hung up.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

I actually have a very good reason for not picking up the phone to these guys. Due to my daughters condition I could be required to perform suction in order to clear her chest otherwise she would block her lungs. It took 7 attempts to deal with 1 of the first creditors as I had to hang up and call back due to this.

I haven't done any of the above therefore I'll start with the CCA request posted.

I'm not one for panicking so no worries there. They can't take what I don't have at the end of the day. I would just rather the debt didn't spiral because of fee's or prevent any unnecessary action if possible.

I can't find anything with a reference number relating to the company who own the debt (IDR). The only reference I have relates to Link on letters from them, which are Link references. Does this matter?

Edited by HampshireDad
Additional info

go get your credit file and find out

how long has this been with Plink

and how long have you been paying them?

or when was the last time you paid anyone on this card?

bet the letter doesn't say WILL anywhere

as with this debt

and all your debts with DCA's.

go fire off a CCA request to each one

[bar bank accounts mind]

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Tried looking on Equifax however there's an issue with their site.

The letter from the solicitors states they've been requested to act on behalf of IDR.

The debt has been legally assigned to IDR with Link being appointed to administer and recover the debt.

Went to look on Experian however having previously been a member I'd need to pay the monthly fee to restart.

I guess I could just send the CCA to both IDR & Link?

I haven't paid anyone any monies in respect of this debt since Barclaycard.

When I gave up work I continued paying as I had savings however they ran out.

Prior to running out I contacted creditors and Barclaycard told me there was nothing they could do until I defaulted.

I managed to arrange payment plans with the first creditor using their financial statement and used that to send to others with them also agreeing.

I did this via letter however the debt in respect of Barclaycard,

they didn't acknowledge the statements and continued trying to call me.

CCA goes to link.

get it running!

try noddle below for CRa file.

and stay off that phone!

dx

and they

IDR are LINK!!

same fleecers

and they

• 2 weeks later...

there you go another cash cow debt going down the plughole.

go try fleece some other mug that didn't find dx on cag

and they

Hi Hants,

Until, and unless, they produce the necessary CCA response, they have to put a hold on collection activity.

Keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You very likely wont. Link rarely have the right paperwork. The fact they were threatening legal action when they dont have the paperwork in their business speaks volumes.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

opps you found them out...

no paperwork..bye bye cash cowed

removed fro their milking parlour

and they

They won't even have the decency to say they are wrong. They prob sold it weeks ago and didn't even look for the cca

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Nothing. You get on with your life and wait for someone else to send you a letter, then you CCA them too.

no sadly

dx

and they

Lack of CCA just means its unenforceable in court. They can still chase you via other means. If the debt was SB then you can demand they write it off as it would be uncollectable.

Ok it looks like I've now received the CCA.

it's the agreement and only has my name typed at the top in small letters.

It's not signed by me anywhere however I'm not sure if this matters or not.

What would be my next steps here?

Thanks for your helps guys.

They need a copy of the original agreement if it's before 2007. But I bet they'll say different.